I am beggin, help me lose weight.

Options

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Calorie goal. I hear so many people losing weight a)eating healthy and reached 1200 b) eating whatever as long as they reach their gout al, like if they want 2 potato burritos from taco bell which equal to about 1200, that's all they eat. But that sounds too good to be true.

It's not too good to be true. Losing weight is really calories in vs. calories out. For weight loss it really is that simple. If you want to eat your calorie goal of burritos and stop that's fine. It won't be as filling as other options, but if you really want Taco Bell you can have it and still lose weight. Just hit your calorie goal consistently.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Do it now while you're 20. Don't waste 20 more years like I did. You want a life, right? Now's your chance. Or, you can keep eating whatever you want and just have that. Hmm...a life full of awesomeness or daily overeating. It's a tough choice. :)

You don't even have to give anything up. Eat at goal for six days, and then have a maintenance-calorie day. That's what I've been doing, give or take, since February, and I've lost 70 pounds.
  • CARBLEGEND
    CARBLEGEND Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    kill yourself
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Do it now while you're 20. Don't waste 20 more years like I did. You want a life, right? Now's your chance. Or, you can keep eating whatever you want and just have that. Hmm...a life full of awesomeness or daily overeating. It's a tough choice. :)

You don't even have to give anything up. Eat at goal for six days, and then have a maintenance-calorie day. That's what I've been doing, give or take, since February, and I've lost 70 pounds.

What do you mean at goal? Like anything and reach the calorie limit or healthy clean food?
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Calorie goal. I hear so many people losing weight a)eating healthy and reached 1200 b) eating whatever as long as they reach their gout al, like if they want 2 potato burritos from taco bell which equal to about 1200, that's all they eat. But that sounds too good to be true.

It's not too good to be true. Losing weight is really calories in vs. calories out. For weight loss it really is that simple. If you want to eat your calorie goal of burritos and stop that's fine. It won't be as filling as other options, but if you really want Taco Bell you can have it and still lose weight. Just hit your calorie goal consistently.

I've tried for couple days and weight was same, maybe I just should of given myself more time.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

what do you mean by 'eat like a man'?

That phrase makes me think its encouraged to eat huge amounts of food in your family. I have family members with unhealthy attitudes towards food too. Its all about educating yourself and recognising why you're eating so much//making bad choices//whatever the problem is.

Its all on you though. Nobody can make you lose weight. Maybe a goal to work towards would help motivate you? Like starting C25K, or a fun-run, or something?
    Meaning he needs to eat real food like meat, potatoes, salad with mayo, etc. No healthy"rabbit food" or boiled chicken breast.
    *YOU * are going to have to make these changes. If this is the food you have, then *you* have to figure out calorie values and portion sizes and that's what you eat. Buy a digital kitchen scale and weigh your dinner. Ask whoever is preparing dinner if you can get salad with dressing on the side please. Drink water and not juice/milk/soda. Cut down on the starchy side dishes and add some steamed veggies ( your dad doesn't have to eat it if he doesn't want to). Each person here has their own challenges but we made it work by making our health a priority
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

I've tried for couple days and weight was same, maybe I just should of given myself more time.

Unrealistic expectations will set you up for failure. Two days is not even a drop in the bucket. People work on weight loss for months or years and you want results in two days? It doesn't work that way. We all wish it did.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options

Unrealistic expectations will set you up for failure. Two days is not even a drop in the bucket. People work on weight loss for months or years and you want results in two days? It doesn't work that way. We all wish it did.

Yea, like I was saying before I need discipline and support. I think these 2 things would really keep me going.
  • Lolitasboss
    Lolitasboss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You're my age & and 260 was my highest weight when I was 18 . It was hard because there was so much bad food around me , especially being on campus at university . I made goals , I came too a strong understanding of what I would need to do to reach those goals, I educated myself about food, and I found a support system . Try experimenting with different nutritious foods and cook new dishes for yourself. Message me for more tips , I can definitely be your weight-loss body and help you out :)
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Yea, like I was saying before I need discipline and support. I think these 2 things would really keep me going.

Start by figuring out your calorie goal. You could set it up here on mfp for 1 lb lost per week and then start logging. Also, start sending out friend requests and get active on your page. Post daily and interact with other mfp users. Look for groups here that interest you. You'll get the support you need. The rest is up to you. :flowerforyou:
  • femestapo
    Options
    if your mom won't *let* you eat healthy, then eat the same meals. just half of what you used to. but i'm sure if you told her you were pre-diabetic, she would try to help you, like any mother should. maybe she will fix you some frozen mixed veggies. they are like a buck or 2 bucks a bag. eat those instead of potatoes. fixing you something separate would NOT cost them more money. it would just be different. and considering you will be eating a smaller portion than them, you will be saving them money.
  • BUMPSTEAD
    BUMPSTEAD Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your still young your body is more willing to bounce back. Do it now! Make small changes start with drinking nothing but water. I journal even though i log into my fitness pal I still journal everyday. I also weigh in everyday it kept me motivated. Also do you have a friend who can do this with you. Get you encourage from a good friend even if that friend is new. surround yourself around healthy people. Also start cooking for yourself. Do you have a job? Buy your own healthy choices. And if you have to eat whats there control your portions and log everything. Have a convo with your folks they should be willing to help you out especially if your pre-dibe--. You can do this you need to be real selfish right now get so into you. Pick out some goal clothes and focus on getting into them and praise yourself with every ounce you lose. This might sound crazy I also did self videos on my phone everyday it kepy me moving to the next day and the next. Example : Good morning lady, day 1, record weight ---lbs, Lets get it. I do this every morning. Try this.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    You need to do way more than 15 mins.

I don't do it to stress myself and make me hate working out. I do is slowly to get myself used to it, it eventually increases.

I lost weight with almost no cardio. You don't NEED to do much cardio.
    (I do things that are cardio, but for fun, not exercise. A walk with my family, a leisurely bike ride in the neighborhood, weeding the garden. ... Probably only about 45 minutes a week, total.)
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry OP. There is no magical pill. There is no secret formula. Just hard work and dedication. I am 5' 6" - 25 years old - and my highest weight early June was between 255 and 265. I wouldn't dare tell myself the actual number, but when I officially started being committed to MFP I was 255. On June 19th -- less than three months ago, I decided I was done being fat -- more than committing my body I committed MY MIND. My mindset did a 360 and something finally clicked inside my head that made my past so, so many weight loss failures a thing of the past. I was a candy/chocolate addict. I would eat two-three bags of M&Ms in a week and call it normal. I ate McDonalds for breakfast and ate out all the freakin time. I never thought I could change, never thought I could get over my food addiction.

But I did. It's all about building healthy habits and absorbing as much knowledge from these wonderful experienced individuals on the amazing website that you can. I don't eat clean. I eat what I want, but I stay within my calories. I'm learning to understand my macros.

In June, if you told me that in September I would almost be running thirty minutes straight through I would laugh in your face and call you insane. But I can! I heard about the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred -- an exercise DVD I could do at home -- and I did it! I lost 14 inches and I feel incredible, in less than two months! I've lost almost 20 pounds from my highest weight of 257 and I have never felt or looked better.

Every. Single. Day. I am so thankful that my mind finally changed. And that is really what it takes for us low will power, junk food, heavy eaters -- you have to believe. You have to believe in your mind that you can do this and you will do this.

As for learning about calories and how to control your macros this is a great resource to check out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

I wish you the greatest luck on your journey!

Believe in yourself and you CAN do this. :flowerforyou:

Sorry. That was really long. But I know exactly where you come from because I have been in your position and I know how much you beat yourself up every time you fail and how you just want to turn back to the junk. But you have to believe in yourself. No one can believe in yourself for you.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    OP - you sound like you have depression issues

I'm not trying to be critical, but I've read the whole thread through page three. And you sound depressed and struggling with feeling helpless, like you're trapped in your house, have nothing for yourself, and all you can do to self-sooth is eat. And that your parents enforced this learned helplessness state.

I know it's mean and nasty, but sometimes parental units, unconsciously, want to keep a child at home to take care of them and so they sabotage independence or reinforce dependency. My parents were passive-aggressive monsters when I moved out. There were literal temper tantrums directed at me for leaving.

I know you don't have a job, but you said you are in college, are there any student services available for counseling? I think you have much more going on here than wanting to eat too much food. I think you're feeding sadness, anger, and resentment and your young adult growing pains.

Just a total outside observation, but emotional eating is my opinion.
  • metless
    Options
    However, some of us have to build up to that. I started out with 4 minutes and just keep building. Sometimes it's not that we WANT to stop, we will die or pass out if we don't! Keep it up, though. Every little bit helps.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have no will power.
    What got me started was just getting upset with my obese photos and I couldn't zip up my pants.
    You need to find " the Jillian " inside you that says enough is enough and begin counting.

As you start counting calories and eat at a deficit you'll begin making healthy choices.
    I still eat meat, potatoes, etc i just make it fit my calorie number.
    And yes move as much as you can, take the stairs...

Be patient.
  • metless
    Options
    Yes, just log everything you eat and you will start to notice trends. Then you will start to notice what you are thinking of eating. Then you will start making healthier choices--either by choosing something else or by eating less. Good luck!
  • dimam13
    dimam13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Follow fit people/profiles on instagram. Have those fit bodies in front of your face. Join fitocracy. Know what your TDEE is and make sure you don't get into the maintenance range. Do your own shopping for your own food. Create space for it and that is yours. You can reward yourself with junk on your 1 day, and enjoy it. Don't eat other people's food. This is when you grab life by the balls and stop cravings from controlling you. Control your intake and the food you eat yourself.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    You're my age & and 260 was my highest weight when I was 18 . It was hard because there was so much bad food around me , especially being on campus at university . I made goals , I came too a strong understanding of what I would need to do to reach those goals, I educated myself about food, and I found a support system . Try experimenting with different nutritious foods and cook new dishes for yourself. Message me for more tips , I can definitely be your weight-loss body and help you out :)

Thank you, I will add you :)
This discussion has been closed.