What is the REAL reason why you exercise so hard?!

Options

Replies

• JDMarlowe
    JDMarlowe Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Honestly, to look/feel better. Feels good to get noticed by others. I didn't get that at 317 pounds! LOL.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I have discovered forms of exercise that appeal to the same neurological sensory issues that cause me to stim, so it becomes a natural progression of basic movement done out of desire for sensory input.

wat did you just say? english bro english

What do you need clarification on?

Sorry bro never mind I didn't know what you were talking about but now I think you do

It's an autism thing. Sorry.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Love how strong I feel during, and I LOVE how I feel after.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    To look like a Super Saiyan
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Because I'm hooked on the way my muscles burn afterwards.
  • beastmodekittyx
    beastmodekittyx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Juste to look as good as possible, I don't ever eat exercises calories back
  • JDMarlowe
    JDMarlowe Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Juste to look as good as possible, I don't ever eat exercises calories back

^^^^ Dude, best user name I have seen!!!
    :wink:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Gains
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    awesomeness!
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Stress relief, look better naked
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Oh I like this question...I run hard most days...and I tell people I do it for my brain, not my body. I am really ADD and used to be on heavy duty meds (stimulants). Since I found running, I find it has the same (although better) effect that my stimulant had. I feel truly alive during and after a good run.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I exercise as hard as i do to achieve the goals i set for myself. i have these goals (marathons) to make me move. the reasons i want to move more is because i want my children to see me as a role model, not a fat blob with no goals or direction.
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    -To eat more
    -To be healthy
    -Necessary for my occupation
    -Family history of obesity and diabetes
    -The voices tell me too
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I do weight training for the very specific reason of looking better.

I want to have a great body (or the best it can be in my 40's). I lift weights 4 times a week, and I love it, makes me feel good. Plus there is the added bonus of getting to look at the muscled up fellas in the weight room... just saying... helps with the motivation to go.

I do a bit of HIIT and walking to get my steps up so I can eat more. I try to do at least 10,000 steps a day - up to 15,000.
  • Adriam88
    Adriam88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Because there was only one year in my life that I was actually happy with how I looked (Grade 12). Since I put on weight again I'm just a fit person stuck in a chubby body. I'm SICK of feeling that way & I'm SICK of my excuses & I'm determined to look how I feel inside! I WILL be fit & sexy again and I'll do what I have to to get it!

Also because I love how good I feel after a workout, I feel happy that I accomplished something for myself & even when I'm having a ****ty day, I always feel so much better!

And finally; Because I want to be that girl that wears anything I want and KNOW I look damn good in it. I want to stand out as someone who really cares about their body & takes care of it!
  • davidlo421
    Options
    For myself I find it easier to kick *kitten* at the gym , than sticking to my diet..
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    So I can lose weight!! Exercising is not fun to me but I have no choice in doing so. Zumba is great tho :-)
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't drive, so other than public transport for further distances, I try to walk as much as possible for NEAT. I do so much other exercise at the gym (cardio, lifting) and home workouts (Pilates, yoga) because I love food! I am miserable when I'm hungry. Exercise is also a great stress reliever for me, and really helps my mental health. I love feeling healthy, and strong.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    To get the stalls clean and to get the hay in!!!