Question for the fellas...

Options

Replies

• bcweisen
    bcweisen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the last time he complimented me on anything, especially this subject.

You're not alone then. I know we don't need men for our self esteem but it sure would be nice to have an extra boost from our significant other!
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    :devil:
    Lucky wifes! Obviously marriages work out best when sex drive and compliments are equal and balanced for both partners. Any advice on how to "train" my hubby?

Whips and chains for negative reinforcement. Food for positive reinforcement.

I like the way you think! :wink:

:devil:
  • jewel22887
    Options
    My hubby tells me every day, we see each other, how he finds me attractive and I do the same I fell like the best way to get compliments is to give them :)
  • bcweisen
    Options
    I'd take sexy, hot, smokin', beautiful, pretty.... just about anything positive. I've heard that some men are verbal and some physical. Seems my hubby isn't too good at feedback either way.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My hubby must be as emotionally constipated as I thought then. :laugh:

For what it's worth, I'm not currently married or a fella, but I have been with the same guy for nearly four years now. He isn't very vocal about, well anything. It is very rare for him to compliment anything, whether it be something I cook, what I wear, or how I look. Every once in a while he will say that I look pretty, or that my hard work is paying off, and I love it when he does. I think that when he does compliment me it means even more because I don't hear it every day. It doesn't mean that he doesn't think I am sexy, because I know he does. Some men just aren't open like that.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I think we just need to be happy with ourselves instead of look for validation from anyone else. However, It would give me the excited butterflies if I actually heard anything similar to that come out of his mouth.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Not for a long time.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    My husband tells me I am beautiful every day, he smacks my *kitten* everyday too. I don't get sexy too much, I get hot.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    OR... don't compare your relationship to others like this...

"How long before you had sex with your SO"

"How many dates should you wait to let him meet your children"

"Do you always have an O during sex?"

I mean... I get it for the sake of fun discussion, but one husband telling his wife an hour ago doesn't make your husband worse for not telling you.
  • bcweisen
    Options
    My hubby must be as emotionally constipated as I thought then. :laugh:

For what it's worth, I'm not currently married or a fella, but I have been with the same guy for nearly four years now. He isn't very vocal about, well anything. It is very rare for him to compliment anything, whether it be something I cook, what I wear, or how I look. Every once in a while he will say that I look pretty, or that my hard work is paying off, and I love it when he does. I think that when he does compliment me it means even more because I don't hear it every day. It doesn't mean that he doesn't think I am sexy, because I know he does. Some men just aren't open like that.

I love your perspective. I suppose I'm just losing my confidence. "knowing" he does turns into hoping and/or wishing.
  • bcweisen
    Options
    I think we just need to be happy with ourselves instead of look for validation from anyone else. However, It would give me the excited butterflies if I actually heard anything similar to that come out of his mouth.

EXACTLY!
  • RunningForeverMama
    Options
    I'd take sexy, hot, smokin', beautiful, pretty.... just about anything positive. I've heard that some men are verbal and some physical. Seems my hubby isn't too good at feedback either way.

How does he act? Actions speak louder than words. :wink:

I hear it almost daily, in a matter-of-fact way, while being otherwise ignored. :ohwell:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    OR... don't compare your relationship to others like this...

"How long before you had sex with your SO"

"How many dates should you wait to let him meet your children"

"Do you always have an O during sex?"

I mean... I get it for the sake of fun discussion, but one husband telling his wife an hour ago doesn't make your husband worse for not telling you.

You so smart.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dude either, but my hubby tells me on a daily basis that I'm sexy and has a VERY hard time keeping his hands to himself! :bigsmile:
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    PolkaDot_Princess Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the last time he complimented me on anything, especially this subject.

BOO to him you're gorgeous!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    As a divorced woman, I am not ashamed to admit that I find this thread depressing. :sad:

Have a nice day all you spoken-for and obviously awesome fellas! :flowerforyou:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    1 When is the last time you thought your wife was sexy?

2 When is the last time you told her?

I tell my right hand I love it every day. Thought about kissing but .... no. Gross.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    When was the last time you thought your husband looked sexy and told him? Or that you appreciated him for something he did?

It's a two-way street, just sayin'. :wink:
  • brentalanrhodes
    brentalanrhodes Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I make sure to tell her anytime the thought enters my mind, whether it be I think she looks nice, she's sexy, cute, lost weight, or I want to bend her over the back of the couch. :-) I used the latter yesterday afternoon, it always works.
  • brentalanrhodes
    brentalanrhodes Posts: 82 Member
    Options

BOO to him you're gorgeous!!!

x2