Senseless Fears

Options

Replies

• 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    When I was about 4, my sister & I were playing in the yard.She started screaming & pointed down at my feet & legs. I had a TON of caterpillars crawling up my legs.

I still ain't over it.
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am a gal who gets scared easily. I have to watch horror movies with a black mesh shirt over my face...because I don't really want to "see" it...but I don't want to miss it...LOL. Before I had kids, I would NOT put my feet on the floor between midnight and 6 a.m. - I was sure a monster would grab me and drag me to hell. Once I had kids...I had to force myself to get up for their feedings.

I find this not to be abnormal.

However - I have one fear that I KNOW is completely crazy...but I can't get past it..... Horses.

Horses are sooooo beautiful and I love to look at them...from very far away. I cannot touch one. I cannot get near one. I am convinced they will trample me on sight. But they are beautiful.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy fear of spiders. My fiance makes fun of me all the time because I make HER kill the spider when I see one. I'd rather go hide in a closet somewhere. Thankfully, she's a kickass lady and she'll just sigh and get a shoe.

I know, totally not manly, right?

Also, I hate when people try to take pictures of me. That's mostly the reason why I have no profile picture. Probably because I smile creepily. Haha.

Last night I was doing the dishes, and the sink started filling up with water. All the sudden I see this big spider swimming in it trying to get to the side! I was all like OH HELL NO! So I sprayed water on top of it and forced it back under and it drowned. When it was floating at the top upside down, I called my son into the kitchen and made him scoop it out with a plastic cup. He tried to put the cup back in the sink! Throw that shniz away, boy, there was a spider in it!

That is a little extreme dear.

I would've asked you to do it, but you weren't around! :sad: When I say it was big, I mean BIG! (that's what she said)
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of vomiting. No, seriously. Even if I'm sick and I KNOW I'll feel better if I let myself... I just can't. It's gross. :sick:
    Also, I hate being tickled. Not really a fear, just thought I'd share. lol

I also have a HUGE fear of vomiting, I've puked once in the last 10 years and there was absolutely no holding that back

That makes three of us...and I have a fear when my kids tell me "mommy, my tummy hurts" that it's nothing bad or contagious! I don't like things I can't handle. I also have a fear of amputees. Don't judge me.
  • kganc001
    Options
    Vomiting. I'd rather writhe in pain and have a panic attack than vomit. o.O
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy fear of spiders. My fiance makes fun of me all the time because I make HER kill the spider when I see one. I'd rather go hide in a closet somewhere. Thankfully, she's a kickass lady and she'll just sigh and get a shoe.

Also, I hate when people try to take pictures of me. That's mostly the reason why I have no profile picture. Probably because I smile creepily. Haha.

Last night I was doing the dishes, and the sink started filling up with water. All the sudden I see this big spider swimming in it trying to get to the side! I was all like OH HELL NO! So I sprayed water on top of it and forced it back under and it drowned. When it was floating at the top upside down, I called my son into the kitchen and made him scoop it out with a plastic cup. He tried to put the cup back in the sink! Throw that shniz away, boy, there was a spider in it!

I would've asked you to do it, but you weren't around! :sad: When I say it was big, I mean BIG! (that's what she said)

The other night, I was putting the grill away in the garage, and this giant wofl spider came out to say hello. The thing was about 2 inchesl long ay 3/4 of an inch wide. You probably would have freaked. I said live and let live. It's eating other bugs if it was able to grow that big. He's doing me a favor.
  • kganc001
    Options
    I have a fear of vomiting. No, seriously. Even if I'm sick and I KNOW I'll feel better if I let myself... I just can't. It's gross. :sick:

I also have a HUGE fear of vomiting, I've puked once in the last 10 years and there was absolutely no holding that back

That makes three of us...and I have a fear when my kids tell me "mommy, my tummy hurts" that it's nothing bad or contagious! I don't like things I can't handle. I also have a fear of amputees. Don't judge me.

YES! When my fiancé says his stomach is upset, I go in to a panic and flirt with an anxiety attack. Worst thing ever.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    A new fear of mine is being nuked by over zealous `world leaders`
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

YES! When my fiancé says his stomach is upset, I go in to a panic and flirt with an anxiety attack. Worst thing ever.
    Same here. I get panic attacks. I went to my friend's bachelorette party last month, and when we got back to the hotel at the end of the night, she threw up in the bed, and I sat in the hall having a panic attack until everyone else got her taken care of. Then I took some Xanax and went to sleep in my car. :frown:
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Dinosaurs. I had a nightmare in the fourth grade I never fully recovered from. Jurassic Park is my 'Nam.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Same here. I get panic attacks. I went to my friend's bachelorette party last month, and when we got back to the hotel at the end of the night, she threw up in the bed, and I sat in the hall having a panic attack until everyone else got her taken care of. Then I took some Xanax and went to sleep in my car. :frown:

OMG! That made me lol, but I can SO RELATE!!
  • NyxNine
    NyxNine Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a crippling fear of stray dogs. I live in the country. I have to run to the car when leaving and I'm scared to check the mail because I fear there MIGHT be a dog. This brought on from when I was a little, riding a bike, all happy, and out of no where there are several large dogs chasing me.. Haven't liked "the outdoors" much since. ;[
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

The other night, I was putting the grill away in the garage, and this giant wofl spider came out to say hello. The thing was about 2 inchesl long ay 3/4 of an inch wide. You probably would have freaked. I said live and let live. It's eating other bugs if it was able to grow that big. He's doing me a favor.

Outside I would be ok with. Grossed out, but ok. But not in my house. I think it was a nursery web spider. I put my hand in a really thick web one morning because I couldn't see it in the dark, and I was opening the back door to let the dogs out. Same type of spider had made a web from the doorknob to the bench next the door. I couldn't wash my hand long enough.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Outside I would be ok with. Grossed out, but ok. But not in my house. I think it was a nursery web spider. I put my hand in a really thick web one morning because I couldn't see it in the dark, and I was opening the back door to let the dogs out. Same type of spider had made a web from the doorknob to the bench next the door. I couldn't wash my hand long enough.

MAybe you shuold have cut it off. It touched spider web y;know? :bigsmile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I'll have to remember that for next time, but then you won't get to choose left or right. :tongue:
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of heights and flying but did a skydive and loved it.

I'm still scared of heights and flying after doing that though
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

I'll have to remember that for next time, but then you won't get to choose left or right. :tongue:

Neither of those would be my first choice anyway! :bigsmile:
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Oh, thank the gods! I'm not alone in the fear of losing my teeth. Seriously, I have reoccurring nightmares about loose or missing teeth. I'm sure it means something...

Supposedly it means you feeling worried about your attractiveness, or are embarrassed about something.

I also heard that it was related to feeling guilty about something.
    I'm going to go with the first one, as it's hard to embarrass me anymore and I have nothing to feel guilty about.

Oh!! And thanks to the "creepy friend" GIF thread, I remembered my completely irrational fear of toys and dolls coming to life. I blame Chucky for this - I saw the movie when I was 6 or 7 and got so freaked out that I put all my dolls in the trash that night. I can watch the most horrific movies and not bat an eyelash...but put a freaking animated doll in it, and I'm out of the room in a flash...Gah, even thinking about it makes me want to never sleep again.
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Thought about leaving a scary gif behind. Thought. Nahh.

tumblr_lq4vycAaA71r1k19po1_400.gif
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    People with masks on other than for Halloween.