Satisfying ice cream craving....

Replies

• Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    I saw this recipe on Facebook this morning and thought it looked delicious. I haven't tried it yet. It supposedly tastes like a Wendy's Frosty.

Skinny Frosty:
    3/4 cup Almond Milk
    ~15 ice cubes
    1/2 tsp Vanilla
    1-2 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
    1/3 Banana
    Mix ingredients & blend

Most of the time though I just eat ice cream and fit it in my calories.

This sounds so good...you know how many cals?
  • 3vfhoz.jpg

:noway:
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    I really like the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches...they do the trick for me at 150 calories.
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Frozen yogurt! Surely you have that in the UK. I have been eating Kemps brand here in the US and they have a delicious variety to choose from including low fat.
  • danigirl258
    danigirl258 Posts: 12 Member
    I saw this recipe on Facebook this morning and thought it looked delicious. I haven't tried it yet. It supposedly tastes like a Wendy's Frosty.

Skinny Frosty:
    3/4 cup Almond Milk
    ~15 ice cubes
    1/2 tsp Vanilla
    1/3 Banana
    Mix ingredients & blend

Rough estimation...around 100 cals. Actual count will depend on your almond milk, amount of cocoa, and size of banana.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    I found a No Sugar Added Rocky Road Prairie Farms Light Ice Cream and it was awesome!! Satisfied my ice cream and chocolate craving all at once. Only 110 calories for 1/2 cup and it was ICE CREAM. It only had 4g of Sugar also.

I make sure that Ice Cream fits into my daily goals. :drinker:
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    When you'd rather use your calories on a nicer dinner and STILL have your icecream, then this is great - , and adds to your fruit intake, it's a win win win!

take your favourite fat free yogurt, put a couple of tablespoons into a blender with half a frozen banana (when they are really ripe, cut them into quarter inch slices and freeze them flat them store in a zip lock, so handy when you've too many bananas too), and blend until smooth. Delicious icecream, you could put it in a cone it's so good. Few drops of vanilla and plain yogurt then it's really like icecream
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member

Skinny Frosty:
    3/4 cup Almond Milk
    ~15 ice cubes
    1/2 tsp Vanilla
    1/3 Banana
    Mix ingredients & blend

Rough estimation...around 100 cals. Actual count will depend on your almond milk, amount of cocoa, and size of banana.

This is incredible - I use low fat alpro soya and it's really low in calories, the one I made came to 80
  • Frozen yogurt! Surely you have that in the UK. I have been eating Kemps brand here in the US and they have a delicious variety to choose from including low fat.

The Frubes are fromage frais tubes, so they are frozen yoghurt, will have to try some more brands see what I can find ice cream wise, just these have been working for me because the consistency is so yum :)
  • When you'd rather use your calories on a nicer dinner and STILL have your icecream, then this is great - , and adds to your fruit intake, it's a win win win!

take your favourite fat free yogurt, put a couple of tablespoons into a blender with half a frozen banana (when they are really ripe, cut them into quarter inch slices and freeze them flat them store in a zip lock, so handy when you've too many bananas too), and blend until smooth. Delicious icecream, you could put it in a cone it's so good. Few drops of vanilla and plain yogurt then it's really like icecream

This made me drool! :P
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    I usually just eat the ice cream to be honest.

But someone on here told me to freeze chobanis. pretty good and do sort of taste like ice cream, espescially the apple cinnamon one. Not sure if someone already said this and I'm far too lazy to read through all the post
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member

Skinny Frosty:
    3/4 cup Almond Milk
    ~15 ice cubes
    1/2 tsp Vanilla
    1/3 Banana
    Mix ingredients & blend

It doesn't taste like a frosty, believe me. Cals depend on what ingredients you use. Also, to get the consistency of a frosty you need to add 1/4 tsp each of guar gum and xantham gum. But honestly, it doesn't taste even remotely like a frosty.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    just eat it.
    the whole dam thing
  • I saw this recipe on Facebook this morning and thought it looked delicious. I haven't tried it yet. It supposedly tastes like a Wendy's Frosty.

Skinny Frosty:
    3/4 cup Almond Milk
    ~15 ice cubes
    1/2 tsp Vanilla
    1/3 Banana
    Mix ingredients & blend

It doesn't taste like a frosty, believe me. Cals depend on what ingredients you use. Also, to get the consistency of a frosty you need to add 1/4 tsp each of guar gum and xantham gum. But honestly, it doesn't taste even remotely like a frosty.

This ^^^^ there is most definitely no banana in a Frosty.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member

Skinny Frosty:
    3/4 cup Almond Milk
    ~15 ice cubes
    1/2 tsp Vanilla
    1/3 Banana
    Mix ingredients & blend

Yep, same here, IIFYM, but I'm not actually a big fan of ice cream all the time. Just occasionally, 1/2 cup with some bananas and walnuts or something. This recipe sounds pretty good to me! I might use frozen bananas/other fruit instead of ice, but I think it would be a nice treat.
  • Have you tried Artic Zone ice cream? It's 150 calories per pint and it has a lot of protein. Try putting some quest bar into it like the chocolate chip cookie dough (which you can bake into cookies) and you have a healthy treat!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Eat ice cream.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Have you tried Artic Zone ice cream? It's 150 calories per pint and it has a lot of protein. Try putting some quest bar into it like the chocolate chip cookie dough (which you can bake into cookies) and you have a healthy treat!

Except that's like freezing water with food coloring and sprinkling it with cardboard
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    A serving of Breyer's is 110 calories, it's really not hard to fit in. Or there are 100 calories chocolate/vanilla bars etc. Heck I made myself an ice cream cone today and it was 131 calories, and I really stuffed it with ice cream...
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    If you don't mind eating Splenda a lot of the no sugar added ice creams are really good now.