How often do you look at your friends/co-worker's feet?

Options

Replies

• LePetitCochon
    Options
    Sounds ridiculous, but all women comply.

FALSE.
  • forthehungergames
    Options
    1. I don't really look at all.
    2. Roaches are hard to keep out sometimes, I'm sure they just needed to spray. Depends on the weather.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I notice if they are really gross or really nicely done. I don't notice anything in between as they don't catch my eye..
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I always look! Never thought about it! But yeah, I will come to a conclusion of exposed feet. They are either cute, healthy (as you say) or damn fugly no matter what! Take care of those feet ladies... haha!

Eta: lmao, I'll add this is mostly at work when sitting in close spaces with others. Pedicures were a big deal at work. Unless, I'm stuck in a line waiting, I prob won't scope out exposed feet.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    "I mean, seriously, how often do you look at a man's shoes?"
    1119schoen-shawshank.jpg

Ok. I don't look at women's feet. i do look at their shoes. I have a shoe obsession, my mother is now feeding it so it's pretty much out of control.

And I always look at men's shoes. Always. I like a well heeled man.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    only if they are in the stall next next to me in the bathroom. start to wonder whose shoe it is.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Who does this to you women? Is it your mothers? Society? Beauty magazines? TV? All of the above? You all worry about the most insane nonsense.

Proper first world problem this. :laugh:
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Never if I can help it, feet freak me out. Even my own!
  • juiletflt
    Options
    What I don't understand is why you have to go pay for a full pedicure to have painted toenails. Although I occasionally like to go have a pedicure, the majority of the time I just do mine at home.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    I do not look at other people's feet-- feet fetish free :indifferent: ... I hardly ever polish my nails (toes or fingers) but when I do-- I do it myself (most of the time). So if going to spa is the issue and you still want to have them done-- DIY, may be the way to go :smile:
  • athene_circe
    athene_circe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Who does this to you women? Is it your mothers? Society? Beauty magazines? TV? All of the above? You all worry about the most insane nonsense.

QFT
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    :sick: Roaches? OMG!

I always have my toes painted. I look at them and I like how they look with pretty polish. :smile:

ETA: Can't you paint your own toes?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I haven't painted my toe nails for years. I wear flip flops and sandals and never felt the need to paint them.
    ETA I've never paid someone to paint my toe nails lol
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    Now the reason I'm asking... I had a rather traumatic experience this summer at an upscale spa/nail salon - as in roaches running over my hands in the shellack manicure drying machine. And the place looked clean and beautiful. You just never know.

Now I am wearing sandals without a pedicure (clean, healthy, clear pink nails). No polish. Can't bring myself to go back to a salon.

I wonder if anyone really does look and judge. We as a society came up with this arbitrary and artificial idea that nails need to be painted. Sounds ridiculous, but all women comply.

Do I really need use polish if I wear sandals or be considered an "unkempt" woman?

umm.... not all women comply..... and since when does not walking around with perfectly painted nails make you an "unkempt" coman? Most of the women I know who get pedi's walk around with half chipped off nail polish complaining about needing a pedi, wouldn't that be an "unkempt" woman?
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You don't need to get a pedicure to have painted toenails. Just get a bottle of polish from store (just about every drug store, grocery store, dollar store, discount store, etc. sells nail polish) and do them yourself. Get scrubby wash gloves (also avail same places) and use them when washing your feet to keep callouses off. Apply lotion to your feet daily. It really takes very little effort to keep your feet looking nice.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Feet GROSS ME OUT!!!!! but I honestly will check out a girl's toes if she's wearing sandals or Peep toe heels. Men's feet I just Look Away!!!!! I ALWAYS keep my nails manicured!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    What I don't understand is why you have to go pay for a full pedicure to have painted toenails. Although I occasionally like to go have a pedicure, the majority of the time I just do mine at home.

They can't charge $20-30 if you just want polish. Besides the extras are really worth it.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't look at anyone's feet, and I don't care what they think of mine!

I paint my toenails occasionally - when the mood strikes. I think professional pedicures are uncomfortable and creepy, so I refuse to get them. I have a bone spur on one of my big toes from an old broken bone. I also was born with hammertoes and super high arches - nothing I can do about that. My feet will never be 'pretty', but they carry me happily through all the things I like to do in life (hikes, backpacking trips, long daily walks). I would never quit wearing flip flops or sandals because someone thinks my feet look bad. :smile:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I love shoes... I love feet. I particularly like pretty manicured feet.

I particularly hate, unkempt feet. This is unacceptable.

dragon+feet.jpg