Thoughts on the 5:2 Fast diet

Options
12345679»

Replies

• haguem
    haguem Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi im gonna do the 5;2 diet from next wed whats the best food to eat as im at work from 9to7pm. i tried the 16hour fasting which was good but was recommened not to do it as i have a under active thyroid gland any one got any tips how to shift weght with that problem?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If you've been advised not to follow 16 hour fasting, I'm guessing you'd like to spread your calories throught the day, rather than save them for one reasonable dinner.

Breakfast - eggs. One boiled egg is 70 calorie, scramble one whole egg and some egg white with a sliced mushroom and some spinach for about 100.

Lunch - cupasoup. There are lots available for under 100 cals, I have some that come in around 50.

Dinner - prawn stirfry using zero/ shiritaki noodles.

Snacks during the day - celery and carrot sticks, small satsuma, dulse (dried seaweed) if you can stand it!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    it's a great way for some people to justify binge eating

and a great way for a lot of people to lose a pound a week

So is eating the 7:0 diet, where you show moderation and self control

OMG, the B.S. really knows no bounds in this thread.

Any weight loss routine requires moderation and self control, you pompous know-it-all.
  • anyanya17
    anyanya17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    hi im gonna do the 5;2 diet from next wed whats the best food to eat as im at work from 9to7pm. i tried the 16hour fasting which was good but was recommened not to do it as i have a under active thyroid gland any one got any tips how to shift weght with that problem?

Please start here:

http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/medical-conditions-f30/topic710.html

It's a great forum filled with people actually living the lifestyle. You will doubtless find the information you need.

I'd like to know who recommended you don't do 16:8 and whether it was evidence based.
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    5:2 add me