NO ONE is looking at you

Options
They just aren't. Go to the gym. Go run. 99.9 percent of people at the gym or running aren't going to look at you or, if they do, it's a head nod or a quick hi. That is it. And honestly, when I see someone who is really out of shape exercising, I think to myself "good for them" because I DO understand how tough it is for them. I know most of my fitness-focused friends think along those same lines. Don't automatically think people are having negative thoughts about you. It may be exactly the opposite and you are an inspiration, whether you realize it or not.

But let's pretend for a minute that someone DOES look at you. So what?? Some jerk may think mean things or someone might even SAY mean things. Most people won't but let's pretend they do. Instead of letting them get in your head and get you upset, USE that as motivation. Write it down and stick it on your mirror at home or something. Then, a month from now or six months from now or a year from now or whatever, you can look at it again and smile because you KNOW you have made more progress than the *kitten* who made that mean comment.

Don't give others the power to affect your life. Other people can be jerks but only YOU can choose how you react to it. Everyone starts somewhere.....but you have to suck it up and start if you ever want to be able to reach your goal.

Replies

• _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    They just aren't. Go to the gym. Go run. 99.9 percent of people at the gym or running aren't going to look at you or, if they do, it's a head nod or a quick hi. That is it. And honestly, when I see someone who is really out of shape exercising, I think to myself "good for them" because I DO understand how tough it is for them. I know most of my fitness-focused friends think along those same lines. Don't automatically think people are having negative thoughts about you. It may be exactly the opposite and you are an inspiration, whether you realize it or not.

But let's pretend for a minute that someone DOES look at you. So what?? Some jerk may think mean things or someone might even SAY mean things. Most people won't but let's pretend they do. Instead of letting them get in your head and get you upset, USE that as motivation. Write it down and stick it on your mirror at home or something. Then, a month from now or six months from now or a year from now or whatever, you can look at it again and smile because you KNOW you have made more progress than the *kitten* who made that mean comment.

Don't give others the power to affect your life. Other people can be jerks but only YOU can choose how you react to it. Everyone starts somewhere.....but you have to suck it up and start if you ever want to be able to reach your goal.

I love you. That is all. :heart:
  • Vandy_Land
    Vandy_Land Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sooooo you weren't checkin me out?
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Thats where the original poster is wrong!
    LOL, I think they were talking about out of shape people, not you!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i was gonna say, i hope someone's giving me the once over and a "heyyyyyyyyyy, how you doin?"....
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options

tumblr_m08ov4eSza1rofn1xo1_500.gif
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Oh, who are you kidding...EVERYONE is looking at me! :wink:
  • AshleyPaleo
    Options
    I stare.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If this were a facebook status I would like it!
  • Vandy_Land
    Options

Thats where the original poster is wrong!
    LOL, I think they were talking about out of shape people, not you!

OP knows what I mean lol
  • Vandy_Land
    Options
    Oh, who are you kidding...EVERYONE is looking at me! :wink:

I'm watching you!!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    corporate-power-10.gif
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    The girl at the next treadmill looked at me and I know she was thinking what a fat cow I was, how unstylish my work-out clothes were, and how I wasn't wearing make-up and smelled like butt. I could see it in her eyes and I'm 99.9% certain she was judging me. Yay, now I have an excuse not to go back!
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I want everyone to look at me. I wear a light up shirt that say "CHECK ME OUT"

or this

Attention-*kitten*-T-Shirts.png
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'm watching you run.
  • Pulka_Dot
    Pulka_Dot Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Exactly!!
  • samammay
    Options
    If anyone says anything to you, chances are they are going to lose their membership. Gyms WANT everyone to be comfortable and be there and get healthy.

As for the girl on the treadmill next to you, PP, chances are she was thinking "good for her... damn when will this timer run out so I can go have a latte"
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    Lies! I was doing squats and caught a guy looking at my rear. He even admitted it. I didn't mind one bit :blushing:
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'm creeping on your yoga pants....sorry, I just am.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I agree! Get your sweat on and don't give a crap about those around you!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    this is exactly what i need at the exact time. thank you for this. i may have the balls to go sign up today just because of this post. god works in mysterious ways. thanks again. ive been wanting to go. but of course, too scared of being the fat girl there.