Eating so much is a pain?

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I just love how the OP posts asking for advice on reaching a higher calorie goal, and the internet "doctors" and "experts" diagnose her with an ED after reading 1 post. LOL Seriously who do you people think you are?

We're amazing people with the skill of reading. It's increasingly rare, apparently.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    It clearly said so in her profile.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I just love how the OP posts asking for advice on reaching a higher calorie goal, and the internet "doctors" and "experts" diagnose her with an ED after reading 1 post. LOL Seriously who do you people think you are? Diagnosing and giving medical advice? Please. I see it on every post too, and usually its the same posters diagnosing and giving medical advice. I'd like to see their qualifications other than just losing a few pounds. Frankly I'm getting tired of the the term "ED" thrown around here so loosely.
    "Oh, you don't eat a 3000+ calorie diet like me? You have an ED!!!" :laugh: And on one guys profile (zachbonner i think) it says " I will tell you if you're not eating enough". WELL THANK YOU, GOD!!! :noway:

So your complaint jumps to the conclusion that people are jumping to conclusions...

...even though their conclusions were based on information the OP actually posted in her profile...

...but yours was apparently based on nothing more than your getting tired about terms being thrown around so loosely.

Interesting.
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    OLD THREAD!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I just love how the OP posts asking for advice on reaching a higher calorie goal, and the internet "doctors" and "experts" diagnose her with an ED after reading 1 post. LOL Seriously who do you people think you are? Diagnosing and giving medical advice? Please. I see it on every post too, and usually its the same posters diagnosing and giving medical advice. I'd like to see their qualifications other than just losing a few pounds. Frankly I'm getting tired of the the term "ED" thrown around here so loosely.
    "Oh, you don't eat a 3000+ calorie diet like me? You have an ED!!!" :laugh: And on one guys profile (zachbonner i think) it says " I will tell you if you're not eating enough". WELL THANK YOU, GOD!!! :noway:

So your complaint jumps to the conclusion that people are jumping to conclusions...
    ...even though their conclusions were based on information the OP actually posted in her profile...

...but yours was apparently based on nothing more than your getting tired about terms being thrown around so loosely.

Interesting.

Oh look everyone, one of the internet experts has graced us with his quick wit and charm! Hee hee hoo hooo so funny . Knee slapper. I'm familiar with your work. You are not funny. You come into every thread saying "In...for" whatever you think you're making fun of. Can you say superiority complex? You are probably some loser fat guy sitting in his moms basement pretending to be someone he is not. LOL!!!!

I read this post as "Whoops, I totally didn't see her admit on her profile that she struggles with an ED. Now I feel dumb so I'll just make fun of the people that pointed it out instead of admitting I did something dumb."
  • VixenInTraining
    Options

Interesting.

Oh look everyone, one of the internet experts has graced us with his quick wit and charm! Hee hee hoo hooo so funny . Knee slapper. I'm familiar with your work. You are not funny. You come into every thread saying "In...for" whatever you think you're making fun of. Can you say superiority complex? You are probably some loser fat guy sitting in his moms basement pretending to be someone he is not. LOL!!!!

I read this post as "Whoops, I totally didn't see her admit on her profile that she struggles with an ED. Now I feel dumb so I'll just make fun of the people that pointed it out instead of admitting I did something dumb."

No, it's not just this post. It's all over the freakin forums. Every thread, there you guys are analyzing and diagnosing people. Look at you all with thousands of posts, living here in the forums. Is this like your job or something? Sitting there at the computer all day long with no life besides playing MFP doctor???
  • jonnythan
    Options
    No, it's not just this post. It's all over the freakin forums. Every thread, there you guys are analyzing and diagnosing people. Look at you all with thousands of posts, living here in the forums. Is this like your job or something? Sitting there at the computer all day long with no life besides playing MFP doctor???

Imagine that. In the Diet and Weight Loss Help forum, we're here analyzing diets.

Why are you here, exactly?
  • VixenInTraining
    Options
    So this girl admits she has struggled with ED in the past, and you feel the need to tell her she has an ED? Like she doesn't know? Way to state the obvious then. Tell her something she doesn't know. M'kay.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    So this girl admits she has struggled with ED in the past, and you feel the need to tell her she has an ED? Like she doesn't know? Way to state the obvious then. Tell her something she doesn't know. M'kay.

No, the post you had a problem with was pointing out to other people that the OP has an ED:
    Oh good, let's turn a thread by a young girl with an ED into a fight about vegetarian and vegan diets.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Angry rants from people who don't bother to read a profile make this all worthwhile . . .
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    How about maybe a baked potato, some grilled fish and some veggies? Or a salad with a decent amount of protein ( chicken, meat, cheese, eggs ) and some beneficial fat in the form of nuts and avocado ?
    What you eat is ok, but I would consider none of it to be a meal.
  • VixenInTraining
    Options

Imagine that. In the Diet and Weight Loss Help forum, we're here analyzing diets.

Me? I'm here losing weight trying to get healthy. You are doing more than "analyzing diets". Looks like you are trying to do some head shrinking as well. So when did you get your psychology degree?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Me? I'm here losing weight trying to get healthy. You are doing more than "analyzing diets". Looks like you are trying to do some head shrinking as well. So when did you get your psychology degree?

The lengths people go to in order to avoid going 'My bad' never cease to amaze me.

And by amaze I mean amuse.

/popcorngifhere
  • jonnythan
    Options

Jumping into threads and ranting at people for things that make no sense since you didn't even read the poster's profile helps you lose weight and get healthy?

It's still OK to admit you made a mistake by making fun of posters for assuming the OP had an ED "after one post" when the reality is that she admitted it in her profile. You don't need to keep lashing out.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

The lengths people go to in order to avoid going 'My bad' never cease to amaze me.

And by amaze I mean amuse.

/popcorngifhere

^Agreed
  • Achrya
    Options

Jumping into threads and ranting at people for things that make no sense since you didn't even read the poster's profile helps you lose weight and get healthy?

It's still OK to admit you made a mistake by making fun of posters for assuming the OP had an ED "after one post" when the reality is that she admitted it in her profile. You don't need to keep lashing out.
    Yes they do.

Why are you trying to kill my fun? :angry:
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    akabmr.jpg
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Thread revival FTW!
  • jonnythan
    Options

Oh I have no illusions that she'll even consider my advice. No worries ;)
  • Achrya
    Options

Oh I have no illusions that she'll even consider my advice. No worries ;)

Huh. Do you ever get tired of being right?