My gym pet peeve is... What is yours?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    The "I blew off 60% of my shirt with deez gunz" guy.

Muscle-Shirt-Gym-Nipple.jpg

That was me in HS.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't care what other people are doing in the gym. My only pet peeve are people who care what I am doing in the gym.

i watch other people at the gym, but i try to be discrete. I like to see what other people do and think about working their moves into my routine. Also I watch the women who are more in shape than I am as a source of inspiration.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    The group of 4 teenage guys who always work out together spending 30 minutes on a piece of equipment essentially playing merry go round on it. 'Hey bro, your turn' *does 30 reps, hops up, buddy does 50 reps, hops up* you get the picture. I can literally spend half my workout waiting for them to move on.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    people at the water fountain filling their 78oz container while someone just wants to get a sip of water
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Those girls who go with their boyfriends all made-up and cute and ****, not to work out, but to sit on the equipment with their feet up texting and watching their boyfriends lift. Get the *kitten* off and let people lift. Go text in your car.

Yes but I get sick pleasure when the hit the treadmill and their make up runs >:-D
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    old ladies with their horrible pungent perfume.

other than that pretty much nothing else.
    God this too. Nothing like going in for a workout and leaving with a hideous sinus headache because the lady sweating next to me was wearing sex panther perfume.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    people who squat in the curl rack
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Curling in the squat rack! I didn't know it was pet peeve until I started at a new gym. This didn't really happen at my old gym.
  • Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mine are mostly noise related. If you get on a bike or treadmill and proceed to have a full on conversation on your cellphone, I want to murder you. I also can't stand loud, excessive grunting when people are lifting weights. Are you lifting weights or trying to go #2?
  • addysolari
    addysolari Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The group of 4 teenage guys who always work out together spending 30 minutes on a piece of equipment essentially playing merry go round on it. 'Hey bro, your turn' *does 30 reps, hops up, buddy does 50 reps, hops up* you get the picture. I can literally spend half my workout waiting for them to move on.

God yes. Then while their mates wait for their turns they lounge on a machine or a bench just clogging the place up
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Mine is people who make threads about their inane gym pet peeves. Personally I love it when no one re-racks their weights. I go to the gym late at night and in between sets I walk around collecting all the plates and putting them back. Gives me something to do between sets.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    People

Yup. And the people who are so pushy that they literally push me to the side to get to equipment before me.... Which happened tonight... Ugh.
  • rpp223
    rpp223 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    People on their cell phones while they are on the treadmill
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    A young lady working at one of the gyms I go to thinks its okay to hug me from behind when I'm zoned out between sets. I had to talk to management twice now.

What kind of gym do you go too? :o
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    People on their cell phones while they are on the treadmill

Why does this bother you?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Living in a society isn't easy, but we all have to accept that not everyone is going to do things the way we do them, or would like them done.

If people could focus their indignation and rage onto something positive, the world would be a better place for all of us.

Seriously. We, as a society, complain about **** constantly. It's depressing.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I get mad when they tell me to stop sniffing the spin bike seats..... I saw on dr oz that if you do you burn 3 x more calories. Geeze they treat me like I'm a freak or something
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Living in a society isn't easy, but we all have to accept that not everyone is going to do things the way we do them, or would like them done.

If people could focus their indignation and rage onto something positive, the world would be a better place for all of us.

Seriously. We, as a society, complain about **** constantly. It's depressing.

True, although it IS better to come & rant about it here than to end up in an argument or brawl in the gym. Having a place to vent makes it easier to bear with it when it actually happens...........
  • X3MM
    X3MM Posts: 92
    Options
    Taking plates off of the equipment I'm using
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Taking plates off of the equipment I'm using

I imagine the sudden change in weight would be REALLY disconcerting if it happened in the middle of a lift.............