Options
    Bump
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • dwt122
    Options
    a bit late to this, but i'm gonna try Quest Bars for the first time today, but i'll definitely try the recipes in this thread at some point.

FYI - The Vitamin Shoppe in Philly (17th and Chestnut) has the following flavors on sale:

- 1 Peanut Butter Cup for $1.50
    - 1 Cookie Dough for $1.25

I asked them to price up a box of 12 Peanut Butter Cups and a box of 12 Cookie Dough, which came out to $18 and $15. Regular price for a each box was $30 and $26 respectively.
  • mammiehorn
    mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Today I bought some banana extract at the bulk barn. When ever I have time I am going to attempt to make the banana nut muffin quest bars. I will measure everything out then post back here once I do the taste test.
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    gonna hafta try, thanks!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Just made them with agave nectar, almond butter, flax meal and eas lean 15 protein powder---delicious!!!! I previously made them with stevia and ended up throwing the batch in the trash --they tasted awful! Agave Nectar---yum!
  • JustineMarie21
    Options
    My first batch was not good either. I used half stevia in water then half sf maple syrup to reduce the carbs and sugar that honey containes. Will not do again because my bars never hardened, they were very sticky,
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    My first batch was not good either. I used half stevia in water then half sf maple syrup to reduce the carbs and sugar that honey containes. Will not do again because my bars never hardened, they were very sticky,

what grain did you use? i would be sure to use oat for this flavor, not flax or chia. the banana oat combo is a winner

i have made no-bake chocolate banana peanut butter bars before that are very similar to these "Quest" knock off bars. i used real bananas, peanut butter & quick oats as the base, plus a little bit of honey, some protein powder, cocoa powder & cinnamon. they are really quite good

edit: i checked the recipe that i used last time, on those bars i had cut down on the protein powder so they had like 10 grams not 20ish, but you can certainly take this recipe as a starting point & adapt it. Here is what i used:

Banana Chocolate-Chip Peanut Butter Balls:

1 banana (mine weighed in at 88 grams)
    1/4 cup of blue diamond almond milk, unsweetened
    4 Tbsp cacao powder (i used Navitas Naturals raw)
    1/8 tsp of salt (i used himalania pink sea salt)
    3 dry Cups quick oats (i used "bob's red mill organic quick cooking rolled oats")
    5 Tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (Nestle)
    14 Tbsp of peanut butter (i used wegman's creamy)
    4 Tbsp Honey (i used a locally grown lavender honey...its da bomb)
    About 4 scoops of protein powder..........I used up one canister of biochem vanilla whey which was almost 3 scoops (2.8 scoops to be exact) then i threw in some Jarrow vanilla whey (23 grams is one scoop, i used 26 grams) because i was short on the biochem

I made 14 nice solid balls out of this batch, each one is 253 calories (carbs 24 / fat 11 / protein 11)

Not sure how upping the protein powder amount will affect the taste & how they hold together, but i bet that if you slowly add small amounts of almond milk or water (or whatever other liquid you want to use) that you can keep a good solid consistency. Also i'm sure if you reduce some other ingredients like the pb, or eliminate the chips, you can save on some calories....i was just going for super chocolatey & peanutty with this batch :smile:
  • JustineMarie21
    Options
    thanks
  • JustineMarie21
    Options
    I finally bought banana extract and made the banana nut quest bars. That batter worked out but it had the fake banana taste. Maybe ill try with mashed bananas instead?
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • lexidear
    lexidear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    tagging to try
  • JustineMarie21
    Options
    buuuump. For all you Canadians living in welland, ontario like me get ready to get excited because today I found out Health Wise in the Seaway mall is now selling PB2 and Questbars !!!! yeaahhh but the price is boooooo $3.29, more reason to make em yoself !
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    yep
  • StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    bump! Weekend project :bigsmile:
  • Just_Wil