What annoying comments did you get from your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My favorite was from my dad...weird..."You should be proud you're built like your mother! Girls are supposed to jiggle!" ARGH! It burns!

LMAO! :laugh: I'd choke if my dad would say that to me!
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Basically any time someone followed up, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight," with a justification as to why they've been unsuccessful in doing so. Or don't want to do so. I'm talking:

"It runs in my family."
    "It's so much easier for you." (HOW, EXACTLY!?)
    "I've tried [blah diet] and [blah diet] and nothing works!"
    "I'm glad I don't look like you because I have curves and that's what guys want." (YOU HAVE ROLLS. STOP INSULTING ME TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT THAT. AND DO I REALLY WANT TO ORIENTATE MY LIFE AROUND WHAT YOU THINK THE OPPOSITE GENDER WANTS? AND YOU CAN SPEAK FOR EVERY MALE IN EXISTENCE?)

Sorry for the caps lock abuse there, but that last one was rather annoying :grumble:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    The worst comment was when I hit around 100lbs lost from my morbidly obese brother. "You always did have the skinny genes." I damn near slapped him.
  • LionessWhispers
    LionessWhispers Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump - great topic!
  • "I was looking through the album and you get the award for most improved... We didn't think you'd make it out of your awkward years."
  • Basically any time someone followed up, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight," with a justification as to why they've been unsuccessful in doing so. Or don't want to do so. I'm talking:

"It runs in my family."
    "I'm glad I don't look like you because I have curves and that's what guys want." (YOU HAVE ROLLS. STOP INSULTING ME TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT THAT. AND DO I REALLY WANT TO ORIENTATE MY LIFE AROUND WHAT YOU THINK THE OPPOSITE GENDER WANTS? AND YOU CAN SPEAK FOR EVERY MALE IN EXISTENCE?)

Sorry for the caps lock abuse there, but that last one was rather annoying :grumble:
    This happens to me from every single woman over 40. And the last one would probably result in me slapping the person... that's so annoying.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Basically any time someone followed up, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight," with a justification as to why they've been unsuccessful in doing so. Or don't want to do so. I'm talking:

"It runs in my family."

This happens to me from every single woman over 40. And the last one would probably result in me slapping the person... that's so annoying.

Oh believe me, I wanted to slap her :angry:

But then I just reminded myself that clearly she wasn't as happy with her size (obese) as she was trying to convince me she was. Seeing as, y'know, she had to go out of her way to criticize mine (normal).

And then beat her to the top of the staircase. Easily.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    (YOU HAVE ROLLS. STOP INSULTING ME TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT THAT.

I would have probably said it out loud. I get sick of people just opening their mouths and spewing.
  • pamuyamakene
    pamuyamakene Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm getting near to my first weight loss goal and people I know say, stop you look too thin, you look sick, any more and you won't look good at all.... me being someone that feeds on negativity i stalled at the same weight for around three months since those lovely comments. what bugs me the most is before i am sure these very same people were commenting about my embarassing weight behind my back.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    what bugs me the most is before i am sure these very same people were commenting about my embarassing weight behind my back.

The very best way to get back at them is to keep succeeding. :flowerforyou:
  • pamuyamakene
    pamuyamakene Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you that would be the perfect revenge!:flowerforyou:
  • addysolari
    addysolari Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    "Are you still going to the gym?"
    "Yeah"
    "Oh, it doesn't show"
    :d
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I get, "Don't lose anymore weight."
    "Are you starving yourself?"
    "No more."
    "You look so skinny."

that about sums it up.
  • libgal74
    libgal74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need new friends!
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    "You're getting obsessed with this, you need to stop losing weight" is the one I hear the most even though I have been within the same 3lb range for 6+ months now.(Lifting weights changes body composition, not scale number in my case due to maintaining)

I get called "skinny b%^$*" by another woman that has been up and down for months and acts like I just fell into this body with no effort and that life is unfair because I have had it so easy.(I workout 6-7 days a week)

"You have all the time in the world so I see why you have lost that much".......I go to school and have 2 kids, one of which is special needs.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    On the flip side though...but equally weird...from my son were sort of words of encouragement..."Mom, can you stop dieting? My friends think you are hot."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :drinker:
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I think I have really nice friends and family because I can't think of any negative comments since I started losing weight, and very few when was bigger.

The only semi-negative comment I've received, and it was out of concern, was when I had lunch with a business associate I'm on great terms with and he didn't say anything about the loss (I was down about 50 pounds at that point). My feelings were hurt because I was sure he'd notice and he's a really nice guy who would normally be supportive.

When I got back to my office there was an email,"I noticed you lost weight but I didn't want to say anything in case you are sick and it is inadvertent. You didn't seem as happy as usual today."
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    "What does your husband think of your weight loss??"

Not sure what to say to that - "Well, he used to think I was a disgusting fat bloated pig, so it's lucky I lost the weight, eh?" Not quite sure whast people expect to hear when they say that.

Also - "you're wasting away" "why do you want to lose any more weight?"

But mostly positive comments. Juts wish people would think a bit sometimes before opening their flappy gobs.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    People do ask me for an advice...so when I tell them to 'eat less' they are insulted...LOL They also get offended by me saying about myself 'I was a fat pig in size 18'.....the more you lose the more arogant people will be..:) oh, well..I must be doing something good to annoy them LOL
  • Queen8shaq
    Options
    "How did you do it?".......after I respond with changing my lifestyle and exercise....."Oh, I can't cut out___________" (fill in the blank) and "I hate to exercise".

Thats the only way to lose weight is changing your diet and exercise people. There is no secret pill that magically takes the weight off and keeps it off.