What annoying comments did you get from your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• Seasonsofsunrise
    Options
    I get the "oh, you don't wanna lose too much" and "don't obsess about it, it's not that big a deal" nonsense too. It's amazing how people who never think to say anything when you're gaining pound after pound.. suddenly become doctors (is that safe? maybe you should try this instead.. ) and personal trainers (walking won't burn anything, you need to run) when you decide to take your life back and refuse to be controlled by food. Ugh.

5777592.png
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    "I didn't know if that was you or if you had a 12 year old sister we didn't know about"

Okay, so I'm skinny, short, and my lady lumps are gone. Maybe I deserved that. I guess it could have been worse. They could have said "12 year old BROTHER"! :laugh:
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My sister told me "don't get too muscley, that's gross". If she only knew what my actual goals were!!!

ETA: I also get eye-rolls and/or snarky texts when I am going to the gym or am at the gym. As if my time at the gym somehow offends them!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    The only and most annoying comment I have received is "don't lift too much weights or you'll look like a man." Smh…
  • sabrinanewme2013
    Options
    l lost 33 lbs so far and have about 80 more to lose. The comment "where do you have more to lose? If you lose 80 and get down to 135lbs you will be littler then me". This comes from a thin person.
  • BeckyGraceH
    BeckyGraceH Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    how did you get that photo on your tracker?
  • sabrinanewme2013
    Options
    Is it hot in NY? Im in AL ...humid 90 degree weather. When walking it feels like something heavy on your chest and sweat, sweat, sweat. LOL!!! Good Luck in losing :) We are in this together.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I get, "Don't lose anymore weight."
    "Are you starving yourself?"
    "No more."
    "You look so skinny."
    Check, Check, Check, Check....Adding in - are you sick, you look gaunt, you are obsessed, do you have an eating disorder, who are you trying to impress, you are too skinny…..not only that, my husband got two calls at work (from a person who was overweight then and now weighs about the same as me. And my coworkers were getting questions from other people at my work about me. The thing that REALLY ticks me off though is not one person reached out when I was obese.

This is aweful to even say, but my husband got so annoyed at the people who were asking, he told a few of them in a tongue and cheek way - "actually she is on the crystal meth diet - she's losing weight and our house has never been cleaner." It may be blunt and innappropriate but the point was made and heard very clearly. You have to understand this was after months of criticism and my self esteem getting shot. Think of witty, pointed comebacks and hopefully that will help.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    1. I get the opposite food problem. People think I don't eat desserts anymore and it pisses me off that they will offer to everyone else at the party except me.

Me - Where's my slice of pie?
    Hostess - You don't eat desserts.
    Me - Why not? :huh:
    Hostess - You're losing weight.
    Me - What does that have to do with it?

2. People think I'm losing weight because I was sick. I had an IL ask if I felt better after losing 125#. I told her I feel the same. Oddly enough, I don't have all those "fat diseases" people believe all fat people get like diabetes, aching joints, immobility. My BP is on the high end of "normal" (usually 130/80). I'm actually losing weight to *GET* help for my health problems that've been ignored - what fits the criteria for early glaucoma.
  • sabrinanewme2013
    Options
    My husband said "don't lose so much that I can see your bones" REALLY! LOL. I should have asked if my bones showed would that be the end...LOL.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    ETA: I also get eye-rolls and/or snarky texts when I am going to the gym or am at the gym. As if my time at the gym somehow offends them!

Yes - becasue we ALL know the gym is an aweful offensive place - lol
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    "You've lost A LOT of weight". Well damn was I really that big before.

Edit: I told my doctor I want to be 130 (I'm 5'4"), she said I would be too skinny. Really doc??

36453740.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    "Yeah, you can really see it in your face."

Really? My belly went from beach ball to cutting board, but you can really see it in my *face*?

After reading the rest of these, however, that seems like sort of a lame thing to annoy me. People have been mostly supportive, I have to say.
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    a co-worker was honestly being kind when she said this, but...

"your ex-boyfriend is going to be kicking himself hard when he sees you now."

uhm, he should be kicking himself daily regardless of my weight loss. i am the *kitten*.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    .... i am the *kitten*.

I bet you are
  • tammydspice
    Options
    "you've lost a lot of weight and you're doing really well...but you're still fat" she spaced her words so that I got the full compliment and then the full insult. And she's family, I have to see and speak to her.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I used to get :

1. "Are you eating AGAIN?"

2. "You can't lose weight working here. I couldn't so you never will"

3. "you look exactly the same" after losing 29lbs.
  • buffermarie
    buffermarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    "Oh you look great! You know if you work out you will see more results..."
    WTF?!
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ive had one Family member tell everyone that I must be dong Drugs (coke) because that is the only way a person can lose weight so fast.

People forget the fact that it takes me 3 hours to shop for food because I read every label and I eat super healthy (most of the time) Or that I put in hours at the gym...

Really pissed me off since Drugs are big thing I've been against my whole life...
  • txguard61
    txguard61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    "You are anorexic"
    "you look bad"

Of course, this comes from other people who have been trying to lose weight since I started and haven't lost any. Misery loves company!