What annoying comments did you get from your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    The lady at the DMV just asked me did i do gastric like it was this horrible thing after seeing my before license
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I hate the you're to skinny also. I'm not even close to my BMI
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I love the "what's your secret?" Or, when did you have surgery??? Nope, I did this all on my own.
    I also love the "I think you've lost enough, eat a cheeseburger already!"
    And the best one came from my own mother, "you just need to put some meat on those bones!" I was like, really mom, I cannot believe you just said that to me. She was joking, but still!
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Oh.. and I had a doctor tell me I was obese at 170lbs, 5'7" tall, measured 15%bf by my gym. He just weighed me and checked my height, looked at his stupid poster and said, "you're obese!"

Never went back to said physician again.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Said by a friend:

"My doctor told me I would never get below 150 so you'll never be able to get to 130.":huh:

edited for clarity
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Co-worker-"Your starting to look like an Ethiopian!"

WHAT???
  • txguard61
    txguard61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ive had one Family member tell everyone that I must be dong Drugs (coke) because that is the only way a person can lose weight so fast.

People forget the fact that it takes me 3 hours to shop for food because I read every label and I eat super healthy (most of the time) Or that I put in hours at the gym...

Really pissed me off since Drugs are big thing I've been against my whole life...

Unfortunately, the society we live in is one of "instant gratification". People will say just about anything because they have had no luck on these useless supplements that come out every month that say you can still eat whatever you want and the weight just falls off. What a load. Most people don't realize it takes some effort and knowledge to get the weight off and it is not going to happen over night. It takes alot of patience and discipline. KUDOS to you for your hard work!!!
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend: "When are you going to stop dieting?"
    Me: "I am not dieting. This is how it's going to be. Forever."

Girlfriend: "But you don't need to lose anymore weight."
    Me: "Wrong. I am at 27% body fat with a BMR of 26. Overweight."

Girlfriend: "Does that mean you think I am fat?"
    Me:

Girlfriend: "Well?!?!"
    Me:

Girlfriend: "Why can't you just love me for who I am?"
    Me: "Lazy? Indifferent to your health? "
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite....What's your secret and don't tell me that you're watching calories and exercising....

WHAT? So, I didn't say anything. :face palm:
  • jennwren77
    jennwren77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of the same annoying comments that others have posted, but I will make my list:

"You look good, BUT don't lose anymore" (sorry, didn't know I needed your permission)
    "I didn't know that was you, soon I won't be able to see you" (really, I'm invisible now?)
    "Well, jeez! How MUCH are you trying to lose?" (as much as it takes to be healthy)
    "Well, I liked the way you looked before" (thanks, for noticing how unhappy and unhealthy I was)
    "How did you do it?" (eat less, move more)
    "You're going to drive yourself crazy!" (I get this after I tell them I count calories)
    "You've been doing good, let's go out to eat" (always the same person every time I talk to them)
    "You're doing too much, take a break" (I will if I feel like I need it, not because you say so)
    "Are you supposed to be eating that?" (I eat whatever tf I want if it fits in my goals)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Nothing bad, really. But I nearly fainted from shock when someone said to me, "Now, don't take it too far, ok?" I'm still well into 200+ lb territory, lady.
  • marshxomellow
    Options
    It's pretty sad a family member of mine that I would think that would support me the most has given me the comments: you're naturally big boned, you don't need to lose weight. You don't want to lose too much weight. You won't look right.

I don't care who you are. If someone you know is going through weight loss or is trying to lose weight don't give such comments. Support them and more than likely those who give such negative comments could stand to lose a few as well. Smh.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I hear it right here on MFP. My goal weight is 130 lbs, and I've been told that I would be too thin at that weight. Well, that's my personal goal and my personal decision. It doesn't exist to please anyone else but me.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    "You've lost A LOT of weight". Well damn was I really that big before.
    This made me think of the "friend" who yelled out to me in the supermarket "Omy god, you've lost a TONNE, How much have you lost, how did you do it" Really? Really!! Well, clearly since I lost a "Tonne" I have lost over 2000 lbs so why are you asking me how much I lost.
  • selkins90
    selkins90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had my cousin tell me that some people are meant to be fat.

Oh, the ones that aren't your wondering? Those are the people who can afford WLS.

Thanks....jeeze

(I do NOT have anything against WLS btw)
  • ajlandon
    ajlandon Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I hate the you're to skinny also. I'm not even close to my BMI

I get this one. I'm not skinny 0.o My body fat percentage is at the high end of the "fitness" range/low end of the "average" range, and my BMI puts me in the low end of the "overweight" range. Lol.
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    How is your health?
    Have you been sick?
    Some people are genetically predetermined to be overweight by a certain age. (My EX husband used this one...IDIOT!)
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I strangely love reading these.

Luckily my family is super supportive, but at work I get the “hey there skinny mini” all the time and when everyone is at happy hour and orders chicken wings I don’t get offered because “she’s so skinny because she’s a vegetarian.” Last time I checked I wasn’t a vegetarian, but somehow they equate eating healthy with not eating meat….. SMH. Ironically, I need to lose 15 lbs…. short with a small frame.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I strangely love reading these.

Luckily my family is super supportive, but at work I get the “hey there skinny mini” all the time and when everyone is at happy hour and orders chicken wings I don’t get offered because “she’s so skinny because she’s a vegetarian.” Last time I checked I wasn’t a vegetarian, but somehow they equate eating healthy with not eating meat….. SMH. Ironically, I need to lose 15 lbs…. short with a small frame.

I weighed almost 200 pounds at 5'5 and I have been a vegetarian all my life!! Vegetarian =/= healthy. By any means.
  • jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    "When are you going to plateau?"

"Better not throw out all your fat clothes for when you get pregnant" (Because apparently I looked like I was pregnant when i was fitting into those clothes)

"Gee, you've lost quite a bit of weight! You are going to look REALLY good with another 25 pounds off!"

Generally, I don't like talking about my weight loss at all unless I bring it up. I cannot STAND it when someone runs up to me and says "how much weight have you lost now?" in front of a bunch of people. Its really kind of personal and it really draws attention to the fact that I am fat and am losing weight. Grrr.