TOO CHUBBY FOR MY TWENTIES (OCTOBER CHALLENGE!)!

Options

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    miss_amy: To reach a 25lb total loss. - 9.4lbs away from goal! :)
    meagalayne: To reach 135lbs (maybe a bit ambitious), complete my 10k race, and be able to do 10 (!!) push-ups
    H_82: To lose at least 10 lbs
    KristyF08: 12lbs away from goal weight!!!
    meggonkgonk: Reach 165lbs, run in 1st 5K race
    cshaffer213: Reach a total of 20 lbs weight loss (@ 8lbs today)
    aprildauer: To lose 10lbs.
    MTDork87: To complete the 30 Day Shred and get to 130 (7 lbs away)
    inskydiamonds: start going to the gym at least once a week
    sophieg77: to lose 3ks! (7lbs i think)
    Luckie712: To lose at least 10 pounds and stick with Slim in 6
    BioQueen: To be down to 165 by the end of October
    Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's (about 5lbs to go!)
    TheNewStacie: Get all 5 cardio days in every week, Lose at least 5 lbs
    Leela30: Lose those stubborn 10 lbs
    Tabika05: To fit into my sexy jeans by Christmas!
    Jmmtaylor- To lose at least 8 pounds!! (will be 15 total so far)
    TheKitsune6- To lose at least 15 pounds
    Lauratx22- To lose 10 pounds
    efmalcolm- Lose 10 pounds this first month!
    runner915- To be down to 163 by Halloween and to run the Halloween 5k in 26:00
    AshleyLEldred: To lose an additional 10 lbs. Be down below the 270 range. I also want to hit the gym a minimum of 4 times per week.
    clothes_of_sand- lose 7 pounds (to put me down at 140 even) and be ready to move to level 3 of the 30 day shred.
    ashleighk2010- To lose 10lbs (a total of 20 in two months) and be around 155. And CLIMB A MOUNTAIN. =]
    orange_avocado- Lose 5lbs and burn 1350 calories each week.
    lblocker23- to reach my goal weight of 128 lbs by December 25th
    emmyworthy- By the end of October I want to be under 200lbs!!!! -Oct 1- down to 215 only 15lbs left to shift before end of the month=]
    ameliafellenz- my goal is to lose 8 pounds this month
    coatadaycarrie- To get down to 145 by Halloween
    muzikenergy - 10lbs by Halloween, gym at least 4 days a week!
    spellbinder25 - Lose 8 lbs by end of October, exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy (= avoid desserts)!
    iwannaheartlife - Lose 10lbs by Halloween and exercise 5 days a week!!! Good Luck!!!
    kgprncss01- 10lbs by halloween sounds awesome! I would love to get one of those cute costumes!
    Steph_135 - Reach 180 lbs by Halloween!
  • JUJUSMAMI
    Options
    To lose the rest of my baby weight by the end of November (10 lbs ) and start feeling sexy again!!
  • abbracadabra
    Options
    To lose 10 pounds by the end of October, putting me under 200 for the first time since HS. Will also mark over 100# lost
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add yourselves to the list - Just copy and paste and then tag your own goals at the end. This will help to keep us organized. No doubt many people will stop dropping by in the first week or so (as these things go on forums) so hopefully we can keep track a little easier a week or two in.

Progress so far on my end is slow going... Having trouble keeping my calories down because I'm perpetually hungry and I had to take a rest day today from my circuit train yesterday :grumble: Really did a number on my back muscles. Hope everyone else is doing great!! Take care of yourselves - It's worth it ;)

Meag :heart:
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    meagalayne: To reach 135lbs (maybe a bit ambitious), complete my 10k race, and be able to do 10 (!!) push-ups
    Week 1: 168 lbs (-1), out to run my first training run longer than a 5k race
    Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's (about 5lbs to go!)
    AshleyLEldred: To lose an additional 10 lbs. Be down below the 270 range. I also want to hit the gym a minimum of 4 times per week.
    clothes_of_sand- lose 7 pounds (to put me down at 140 even) and be ready to move to level 3 of the 30 day shred.
    ashleighk2010- To lose 10lbs (a total of 20 in two months) and be around 155. And CLIMB A MOUNTAIN. =]
    emmyworthy- By the end of October I want to be under 200lbs!!!! -Oct 1- down to 215 only 15lbs left to shift before end of the month=]
    spellbinder25 - Lose 8 lbs by end of October, exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy (= avoid desserts)!
    iwannaheartlife - Lose 10lbs by Halloween and exercise 5 days a week!!! Good Luck!!!
    kgprncss01- 10lbs by halloween sounds awesome! I would love to get one of those cute costumes!
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thanks to meggonkgonk for the recommendation of this challenge!! Just the sort of thing I am looking for...everyone's goals look great...good luck! :happy:

I hope I can join in with you guys too, I need a little motivation at the moment!!

happy_jax - To lose the 0.8kg I put on while on holiday and once more reach my goal weight. Develop a 'New lifestyle!'

So also to add a little more to that (wanted to explain my October goal but didn't want people to have to copy and paste an essay every time...!) I've been on MFP since March and killed myself eating next to nothing and working out 6/7 days a week to get to my goal weight for my holidays last month. It was okay at the time, but after 2.5 weeks eating lush "normal" food again...I just can't go back!!! So my main goal for October is to develop myself a "new lifestyle" of everything in moderation...good healthy food, but enough of it... and gym perhaps just 4/5 times a week. Hopefully this way it'll be sustainable for the rest of my life and I won't get myself in a mess again!! I also need to seriously work on toning...my tummy is the worst in the world!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!!

happy_jax - To lose the 0.8kg I put on while on holiday and once more reach my goal weight. Develop a 'New lifestyle!'
    foxygrl441- to get under 200.
  • abbracadabra
    Options
    foxygrl441- to get under 200
    abbracadabra - to lose 10lbs by the end of October and be under 200lbs
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I also need to seriously work on toning...my tummy is the worst in the world!!
    I've been doing belly dance for a while, and noticing improved toning all over my middle. You might like it if you try it. Try a class (most places with lessons will offer you the first class free), or borrow a DVD from your library. Or, if you like extreme workouts, I'm sure other people can suggest some to you, or you can check out what people are posting about in the Fitness and Exercises forums here. :happy:

A lot of people have stated that their goal is "to lose" so much weight, where only a few of us have put "to reach" whatever our goal is. Just a random observation.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just a quick update. This week was a special anniversary with my boyfriend and I was SERIOUSLY worried about my eating and lack of exercise but I have totally killed it. I'm really excited :) I kept under my calorie goals (or just barely above) every day, ate super healthy most days by cooking meals for the both of us, and just generally feel great about my choices. Today we went to a really awesome local apple farm and picked up 30lbs of apples to make all kinds of crazy concoctions! hehe Should be great :) I'm so lucky to have a sweet, supportive boyfriend on this journey with me...

Tonight, I'm working nights at the nightclub (ugh) and then tomorrow afternoon is my long run - 4 miles but possibly longer if I can will my legs to keep running. And then Monday - WEIGH IN! Who else will be weighing in with me on Monday?

Meggon - Great idea with the use of quoting your progress! I hope the rest of us can use that same strategies. So much easier to figure out where you've added, edited! Also - sweet loss! Way to go :bigsmile:
    Thanks!

-Meag
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    just a quick update! lost 2lbs already! woo hoo! only 7.4lbs til i reach my halloween goal!

miss_amy: To reach a 25lb total loss. - 7.4lbs away from goal! :)
  • AmyLamb86
    AmyLamb86 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    AmyLamb86: To work out an hour a day, 7 days a week. To be down to 230 before Halloween (8lb to go)
  • mrsgibson08
    Options
    hello all my goal is to be in the 180's (so at least 189) im currently at 197
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    meagalayne- well done for not turning a celebration into a food fest!!!

I'm afraid I can't say exactly the same thing. It was my Grandfather's 81st birthday this weekend and the whole family had to troop along to this traditional British pub where they serve all kinds of fatty foods and hardly any salads! I managed to have the one salad on the menu (which made me quite proud that I didn't go mad as soon as I saw the menu and order a huge shoulder of lamb or something!) But the problem with restaurants and pubs is that they don't let you know how many calories you're having! I tried looking it up on the internet but no luck! So this weekend hasn't been as great as it could be but I will be exercising later today(after work) so hopefully that will make up for it!!!

Hope no-one else is struggling this weekend!!!

xxxx
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Meag-

Thanks! You are totally my hero/example - in particular this month. The boy and I also have a big anniversary coming up, and I really hope to follow the "not splurging-splurge" model you had. I also am stealing your apple picking idea and surpising him nest weekend (orchard near here does apples AND an evening hay maze, which should be fun). Overall, I know Oct is just starting but feeling really good about the unofficial start of the holiday/party season!

Anyway. Digression aside- u rock!
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Updated mine! I lost 2 lbs yay so I have 8 more to go!!

Lauratx22- To lose 10 pounds..-2lbs...8 more to go now!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Meag-

Thanks! You are totally my hero/example - in particular this month. The boy and I also have a big anniversary coming up, and I really hope to follow the "not splurging-splurge" model you had. I also am stealing your apple picking idea and surpising him nest weekend (orchard near here does apples AND an evening hay maze, which should be fun). Overall, I know Oct is just starting but feeling really good about the unofficial start of the holiday/party season!

Anyway. Digression aside- u rock!

Awww!! Thanks Meg :bigsmile: And I'm glad you're stealing the apple picking idea! It was such a nice trip and a great healthy way to get outside and walk around. Just avoid all the apple pies and other sweets that are always sold along with the fruit hehe

You are right though - Oct is feeling great for me too! Can't wait to see our results. I'm psyched for this challenge and I'm really excited to see everyone's progress!

-Meag
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Grrr... OK, So maybe 135lbs is way too ambitious! I got up this morning and felt awful - cramps, bloated, nauseous. Just gross. I didn't even want to weigh myself. But I figured - how bad can this be? 2.2lbs gained! are you kidding me? Since Thursday? The good news is that I know there is NO WAY I ate that many calories or gained that much weight. It's impossible in 4 days with the kind of diet and exercise plan that I follow. So I assume it's just from my TOM and my body being whacked today. Otherwise, I have 7lbs instead of 5 to lose in 4 weeks :grumble: And that simply won't be happening.

I hope everyone else had MUCH more successful weigh-ins. Come by and update us with your progress - It will make me feel a lot better to hear that you all are having better weigh-ins than I did today!:sad:

Take care everybody
    -Meag :heart:
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Lauratx22- To lose 10 pounds..-2lbs...8 more to go now!
    Uconncoed- to lose 10 pounds - making my weight 162
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I just added my name and goal to this list! I would love to join this support group! I have fallen off off for awhile, but I am back on track and would love to have some motivation with other "too chubby for my 20's"!!! Ill try and check in with updates! Thank you for the support!! Current weight is about 172 and my goal is to be 162 by the end of the month! I am going to try and do this my working out 5 days a week and consciously eating light. Good luck everyone!:drinker: