The Most Perfect Foods in the Universe

Options
1235»

Replies

• FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Egg rolls. They are my favorite food by far.
    Oh, yes! With hot Chinese mustard!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    There must be something wrong with me because a lot of those weren't particularly appetising. Or perhaps it's just because I'm not American.

As for My Ultimate Favourite Food, that is a really hard question. Tends to change according my mood, the time of the year... But I'm currently salivating over this absolutely delicious dish we shared with my boyfriend in a restaurant in Cyprus. Brie, baked in the oven with a pile of seasonal berries and some herbs. I can't even begin to explain how delicious it was, in it's simplicity. And i don't even like brie.

A friend made something similar to this for my daughter and I probably over ten years ago. We just talked about it about a week ago. It really was phenomenal.
  • odo136
    odo136 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Best dinner: Roast beef sliced thin, mashed potatoes, corn and fried mushrooms on the side. Lashings of gravy
    Best snack: Ridged Potato chips with homemade onion dip

I keep it simple
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    Pizzas & Whisky :drinker:

I didn't think I had already posted, but this has to be me. :D

I would add also:

Crispy, spicy homemade chicken wings (baked, because I love them that way and not because you told me to!) with blue cheese AND chicken/bacon/cheese jalapeno poppers topped with pear jalapeno jelly. They just come in pairs at our house - it's a bit of a project, but well worth it.

Chinese food in general. Also sushi, which is not Chinese, but does make a fine appearance at the best, freshest, cleanest buffet in town. Which I appreciate.

Any shellfish - lobster, crab, shrimp, clams, oysters.....oh my goodness. No butter for me, please - I prefer my shellfish untainted...

the way I like my real NY Cheesecake.

There's more. lol I may be back, but these are the ones that come to mind right now. :tongue:

ETA: A really good Rueben. Thanks to the British chick for reminding me. :wink:

And a really, really good, no messing around, doesn't resemble fast-food in any way Bacon Cheeseburger. In all it's simple perfection. Also meatloaf (mine) and the subsequent sandwiches made of leftovers.

And homegrown tomatoes just about anywhere - love a fresh tomato sandwich on good grainy bread with mayo, salt, and pepper.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    you only need one
    booze.
  • davemanges
    Options
    Roasted bone marrow
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    I saw the "Most Perfect Foods in the Universe" title and thought this was going to be a post about lower calorie foods that have a lot of the nutrients your body needs.

Nope.
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    There must be something wrong with me because a lot of those weren't particularly appetising. Or perhaps it's just because I'm not American.

So post what rocks foodwise for you instead of being unnecessarily snobbish. :flowerforyou:

LOL, Yes, we do come across like that sometimes - it's just our funny accent, we even write like it old bean :laugh: OK, as a Brit (and on behalf of my American fiancée, who loves our food as much as I love American foods) lets try a Brit List of:

Roast Beef, Roast King Edwards, Yorkshire Pudding, Selection of fresh veg with gravy.
    Fish and Chips.
    Chicken Tikka Masala (for the milder taste).
    Lamb Vindaloo (for something wtih a bit more kick).
    Doner Kebab (pitta or wrap). Yes, this is middle eastern but according to my fiancée, you're not going to get much better than one made in England.

Will that do for openers?

OK, as a Brit then my favorite American foods:

Gumbo.
    Jambalaya.
    Pulled Pork (or beef, or lamb - Just pulled meat of any flavor FNAR! FNAR!)
    Reubens Sandwich
    Burgers!

Now...where did i put my pot of tea and triangular cucumber sandwiches....

Can't beat the Brits! Thanks for not including shepherd's pie...I tried it both times visiting your lovely country and I just don't get it, but I never had a bad batch of fish and chips!

And the winner of the best sub-thread goes to......
  • TheFatFox
    Options
    One word: BACON
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    <--- enough said
  • katbirdinpa
    Options
    i make a mean candy apple pork bake.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Smoked Salmon Eggs benedict

Book-Smoked-Salmon-Eggs-Benedict.jpg
  • cl_green
    Options
    33bej9v.jpg

Get in my belly! :)
  • RangiRose
    Options
    yip- salmon&eggs benedict, or anything with smoked salmon!!! (or avacado) 2nd would be indian food-with naan.
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Buttery mashed potato - yum !!!
  • Dazzleyes
    Dazzleyes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A real Quebec " POUTINE" french fries and lots of fresh squeaky rubbery cheese curds all drenched in homemade beef gravy. Along with a true "MONTREAL SMOKED MEAT SANDWICH" Then were talkin perfect universe food ,LOL
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My favorite dish in the entire universe is Baja-Style Fried Fish Tacos.

I think its pretty much impossible for me to ever become sick of them.

newtaco.jpg

baja-fish-tacos.png

OH. MY. GOD.
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options

ETA: A really good Rueben. Thanks to the British chick for reminding me. :wink:

Sorry - I thought both Brits were the same person. You most definitely do not look like a chick, Sir. :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    BBQ pork spareribs