Frustrating Skinny Friend

Options
1235»

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    White tuna at sushi restaurants can be evil. Because more often than not it is mislabeled and could be something like escolar, a shark mackerel with explosive laxative effects.

Also, cabbage farts.
  • Kitpurr
    Kitpurr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fat shaming doesn't work, http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0070048
    Scientifically speaking someone else giving you a hard time over your eating choices is not helpful in the long run. Completely cutting out something from your forever diet isn't helpful either. It isn't maintainable, nor is it necessary. Just look for the healthier options on the menu if you can and fit it in to your calorie allowance. But don't feel guilty, one meal is not going to break your diet. This was a learning experience, not a failure.

It's also an experience to learn from with your kids. Maybe you need to be better prepared with snacks etc. in the car. Also you can make them a healthy version of their meal at home but make it so fresh and delicious they'll ask for that instead! I bet those guys are your motivation to eat better, so they learn good eating habits rather than bad ones, but you can't wrap them in cotton wool either, you have to teach them when it is appropriate to eat certain "naughty" foods and when it is not. Otherwise when they grow up and have their own disposable income they'll live on candy and biscuits like I did!
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @SkinnyBubba: Love it! That is too good.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Sticking to a low carb diet is pretty essential when it comes to weight loss. that is just the fact of the matter, but what your "skinny" friend doesn't know is that cheat days will actually benefit your weight loss, especially when you get stuck in your weight loss. That's why body builders use "carb days" once a week when getting really lean to maintain muscle mass and confuse their metabolism into dropping more fat. It also restores glycogen stores which helps maintain strength and swell those muscles up. Cheat days are essential in the mental aspect of it, this is a life long thing not a short cut fix from the sounds of it. You can have a cheat day every once in a while, just don't make it a weekly ritual just do it on occasion when you really feel tired of all the crap. Hope you read this because this is the truth, you can't restrict yourself constantly and expect to maintain that the rest of your life. BTW avoid dextrose ( milk ) fructose (fruit) except for post workout! (or on a cheat or carb day)

I average 255 g of carbs every day so according to you I'm obviously doing it wrong.... looks down.... Seems the evidence would say otherwise.

As far as your friend.. Eat the Taco Bell. There is no 'bad' food. Stay in your calories MOST of the time, try to hit your macros and don't stress over the occasional binge. The trick is to get better, not to be perfect immediately ;)
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    At least the girl you're referring to is going to the gym and keeping you motivated, BUT NATURALLY SKINNY PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT. I totally understand.

What about her post makes you think her friend is "naturally skinny"? If said friend is also hitting the gym six times per week, it sounds like the friend is busting her *kitten* and has EARNED that body. That kind of dismissive tone is just nonsense. Anyone who manages to achieve and maintain a goal weight deserves respect, not snide comments.

I was agreeing with the OP, and if you don't understand what I'm saying about NATURALLY SKINNY PEOPLE you are fortunate enough to not have one of those friends!
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Mmm crunchwrap supreme no clue on the cals but Now I want one. LOL You know what you dont owe her or anyone else an explanation. Id rather give myself a treat here n there than crash n burn because I feel deprived.

Last week I had a mcdouble and a water I just worked it into my cals for the day. Its a sometimes thing so WHO cares what she thinks.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    There are no evil foods. None.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Your opinion. Which you are entitled to. However, I strongly disagree. Demonizing food serves no purpose.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    There are no evil foods. None.

You couldn't be more wrong.
    devils food cake? Deviled eggs...? Huh? Huh?
    Tell me about evil food.

FOOD IS THE DEVIL!!!