Replies

• EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    1500!
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 219 and I try to eat to my MFP set goal of 1270, but I don't always make it. My exercise is walking 6-7 miles a day, and I don't eat those cals back.
  • kikimama125
    Options
    I am breastfeeding (11mo. old, just got my supply down to how much she eats, I have donated over 45 gallons of milk!) and I have a pretty set weekly routine for working out and such. I am very active. I am a horse trainer and ride 5-6 days a week, then I het the gym for HIIT cardio and weight lifting 3 days a week. But since I am so consistant, I eat a daily amount to avarage over the week. I don't do the daily net amounts for workouts. I eat 2000-2300 a day, pretty consistantly. But if I am hungry and had a good workout, I eat more (keep it too mostly protein-type snack). I would rather lose slowly and build muscle, so my skin wil shrink back nicer. And breastfeeding my daughter is way more important. Besides, if you don't eat enough during breatfeeding you will suffer. Your milk supply, and your body will be hurt. Our bodies know they need to feed that baby and are very effective in getting the needed fuel from somewhere. I found when I didn't eat enough, I would not lose weight at all! I ate more, and bam! nice steady weight loss. But I have a hard time eating enough.

I am 5' 6" and 157 right now. I do have a lot of muscle, and I am very active all day long between being a SAHM and doing barn chores. On top of my "workouts" of riding/training horses and the gym. My goal is around 145, but more concerened about how I look and feel at that point.

Anyways, your body is far diffrent then others. And breastfeeding adds a huge factor to be accounted for. So you will need to eat more then most ladies. So do it! Besides, skin shinks back nicer if you lose weight slow! LOL Thats what I tell myself anyways!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1650 here, that includes everything. I use TDEE-20%. I'm 5'5", 154 lbs and 35.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Avg between 1600 and 1800 cals
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    1800-2000 on average. I workout 6 days a week doing kettlebell exercises and elliptical. I'm 5'3", 43, and 188.
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    5'3 CW 140 goal 120. 1800 calories. Don't eat calories back. Body media says average burn is 2500. I workout a ton.
  • odo136
    odo136 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My MPF daily goal is 1200 and I usually come close to that-rarely over but I'm not super religious about entering stuff like a pat of butter here or there either so I figure it all balances out.

On exercise (elliptical and light weights) I get a credit of about 250 and I do eat the extra calories I've burned.

5' 3". Start weight was 130 and I'm now at 126. Hoping to get to 120 at a slow and steady pace.
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    I'm 5'8 with about 15lbs left to go... I'm doing kind of a modified 5:2/4:3 plan where I'll eat 500 or 1000c 2-3 times a week. The other days I may or may not track, but mostly just focus on eating a healthy whole foods veg diet around 2000c, in preparation for maintenance. As long as my weekly deficit is 2000-3500c I'm good. If I get bored of that I'll go back to 1500 5-7 days a week... Sounds complicated, but it's not! lol Just do what you'll stick to and you'll get there.
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So I worked it out and TDEE - 20% is 1219 calories. So the MFP calculator seems to be pretty accurate for me. This is without adding exercise.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    1730 sometimes I go over that . I 5ft 6 (170cm) approx 10 kg (22lbs) from goal weight. If I want to I eat back burned calories from exercise.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am breastfeeding (11mo. old, just got my supply down to how much she eats, I have donated over 45 gallons of milk!) and I have a pretty set weekly routine for working out and such. I am very active. I am a horse trainer and ride 5-6 days a week, then I het the gym for HIIT cardio and weight lifting 3 days a week. But since I am so consistant, I eat a daily amount to avarage over the week. I don't do the daily net amounts for workouts. I eat 2000-2300 a day, pretty consistantly. But if I am hungry and had a good workout, I eat more (keep it too mostly protein-type snack). I would rather lose slowly and build muscle, so my skin wil shrink back nicer. And breastfeeding my daughter is way more important. Besides, if you don't eat enough during breatfeeding you will suffer. Your milk supply, and your body will be hurt. Our bodies know they need to feed that baby and are very effective in getting the needed fuel from somewhere. I found when I didn't eat enough, I would not lose weight at all! I ate more, and bam! nice steady weight loss. But I have a hard time eating enough.

I am 5' 6" and 157 right now. I do have a lot of muscle, and I am very active all day long between being a SAHM and doing barn chores. On top of my "workouts" of riding/training horses and the gym. My goal is around 145, but more concerened about how I look and feel at that point.

Anyways, your body is far diffrent then others. And breastfeeding adds a huge factor to be accounted for. So you will need to eat more then most ladies. So do it! Besides, skin shinks back nicer if you lose weight slow! LOL Thats what I tell myself anyways!

I just want to say that I love you...platonically and over the internet kind of way :) And this is for 2 reasons: 1) YEAH BREASTFEEDING!! I exclusively nursed my son until he was 8 months and then continued until he was 15 months - I would of went to 2 yrs if it wasn't for going away on vacation without him for a week and my supply twindling (My fault completely, I didn't pump enough). 2) YEAH HORSES!!! I love horses and everything to do with them, I even love cleaning the stalls :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, 5'8", eat around 1900 a day. Don't really care about my weight at this point, just focused on lowering body fat a bit more.
  • bigblue35
    Options
    I'm on 1560 a day, setting is slightly active so unless I treadmill, bike or swim I don't knock any off for exercising.
    I'm 5ft 9.
  • xHungry4Healthx
    xHungry4Healthx Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    MFP calculated that is should eat 1320. 5'8 200lbs
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 (and a half) 143 pounds (started at 177-180) and I eat 1400, MFP had me set to 1200 and I did that for a while but was uncomfortable so I bumped myself up a bit.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    5'5, 19 year old, 150lb. I have my daily goal at 1645, but latelt I've been eating around 2000.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Around 1600 on rest days. Workout days can vary anywhere from 1800-2200+ depending on the intensity/length of my workout.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and 125lbs. I'm netting 1800 and maintaining.
  • jessocoppo1
    Options
    I've just started and want to loose 2pounds a week, i'm aiming to eat 1,200 because that is what is recommended by myfitnesspal if i want to stay on track, is this too little?
    I'm 60kg/132pounds and 5'4