WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2013

Options

Replies

• Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy that it's Friday. Work is finally getting busier which means I'm more tied to my desk. In one way it's good because it's more likely that head office won't close our location but on the other I don't get to walk around as much.

Made it to the Y tonight, did 75 min of strength training and walked 1/2 mile around the track. Dare I say it :noway: ....I actually looked forward to going tonight. I am feeling better & stronger since joining the Y though my sleep is getting worse. hmph

I hope everyone has a great nice, sleep well.

:heart: Sandy from ON
  • janetsilver31
    janetsilver31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    having a heck of a time posting here again. thanks everyone and hope this post attempt works. what a great group of women, so glad I found this thread.

took my measurements and had lost 3 inches. so something be happening!

more later,

Janet
  • seasonsofjoy
    seasonsofjoy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bumping, found you, it wasn't so easy, I don't get it! Why the new thread?
    Nancy in AZ
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barbie. I am happy you had a good day in our lovely Victoria!

:flowerforyou: Nancy, when a thread comes to 500 posts, it locks, and a new one is started.

Donated blood today. Once every couple of months. This is not a money making business, which I believe it may be in the USA. In Canada, as in my country of birth, the Netherlands, blood is donated by volunteers, just because. :bigsmile: My dad donated blood for as long as I can remember. I am carrying on his legacy.

:grumble: I had wine and pea soup for supper. Quite the combination right?!

Now watching Dateline. Love watching Dateline on Friday nights.

Cheers!

Renny
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,739 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    well it is a tad nippy this morning 51 degrees,
    only gonna be in the low 70's today.. but this is my kind of weather.. Fall is my favorite time of the year...sitting having my warm lemon water,and have a pair of the DH sweats on.. I will use these for knockin around the house and working in the yard...have sorta been sleeping better,except getting up about 4-5 times to pee:grumble: oh well so long as the scale is going down I dont care, lost 10 oz. yesterday :happy:
  • prosperkat
    prosperkat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bumping - so I can join this thread later! :flowerforyou:
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Well,DD & her hub left yesterday. We had a great 9 day visit.Too much eating out & going here,there & where ever....including 2 days at the Ohio Amish area. Talk about food!! Had a apple fritter,but kept myself to calorie allotment.Probably not the best food choices,but tried to do as best I could.Breakfast was the best part.....DD is also an early riser,so we enjoyed our protein shake & then sit around in pj s jabbering away.
    Lunch was usually a snack of fruit,maybe turkey & cheese with a side of cucumber salad.Out for dinner was the norm.The truth is,I haven't been on the scale ...won't till Thurs,but am satisfied with the effort I made to eat a bit lower cal & healthy.It is a learning
    Process,much to remember ,a lot to put in practice.

Patpho,"Overeating and Alcoholism are closely related in the illnesses catagories because they are both based on sugar addictions with very negative physical/emotional/mental consequences. (IMHO) In OA, we talk about the irony that overeating is the only addiction in which you actually can not, should not, and aren't expected to totally and completely abstain from the substance which is giving you the grief! I really can live the rest of my life w/o an alcoholic drink, but I can not live my life w/o food. It isn't a more difficult struggle, but it is a different struggle for those of us who are compulsive overeaters"

Never heard that before.Sugar addiction? Can I ask about ppl who don't care for sweets? Was recalling an uncle & a friend who drank too much.

Missing my baby now,at 48, she will always be my baby:cry:

Hope everyone has a good wkend. It's 46* in Ohio this morn,great sleeping weather.Going for a long walk in a few minutes,then spending this day at home.....sounding good to me. Patceoh
  • SandyC04
    Options
    Good morning ladies... I am sitting here planning my day.... Meeting my DIL's dad and stepmom later... going to do so sightseeing in our fine city then have dinner out... I am stressing a bit because at home I have complete control over the food I eat... I am going to have a cheat night and that is all there is too it...

Have a great day all and plan on checking back with all you lovely ladies daily!!!!
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

It's a chilly morning but I absolutely love it. I love the fall.

Grandmallie - I get up a few times every night to pee as well, I swear I might as well just take my water bottle and empty it into the toilet. I'm glad you are sleeping a bit better.

Weigh in day and I lost 2.2 lbs of the 4.6 that I gained last week. I really wasn't expecting any loss this week as i started the strength training this week.

I'm off to the Y for some cardio this morning then meal planning & grocery list.

Have a great day everyone

:heart: Sandy from ON
  • jfenner141
    jfenner141 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Holding my place. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jill in western MA
  • cws4me
    Options

Jill in western MA
  • cws4me
    Options

Jill in western MA
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I was able to talk to DD on the phone last night , heard DGD's greeting, and complimented my SIL on getting things taken care of so that their home wasn't ruined in the torrential rains. They live in Boulder County, CO. Their neighborhood is like an island in the flooding, and they are much luckier than many. They've been able to get groceries, so all is as well as can be expected. Most people in the county do not have flood insurance. Why would they? It is usually very dry. I'll bet very few people in the area have flood insurance unless they live right next to a stream. I hope there will be FEMA help with home repairs available.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I was lost and couldn't find the thread! I thought nobody had posted in a whole day, and then I found out the thread was locked. It felt like my family moved away and didn't tell me. Hah! Now I'm back on track.

Rita - yes, my friends and I think he must be part Jack Russell. There are things about his physical appearance and especially his personality that scream Jack Russell. We know he is half whippet, so that is an odd combo. We're going to do a DNA test just for fun. He's smart as a whip, and he sure doesn't get that from his whippet side of the family.

I got my flu shot yesterday so my arm is sore. I went swimming this morning though, and it didn't bother me too much. My poor hubby is actually coming down with the flu right now, so I hope he doesn't share it with me before my antibodies kick in. He's a teacher so he's always bringing home some kind of crud.

Today we are trying to clean out junk from the garage so we can get two cars in there in the winter. We remodeled recently and a lot of junk accumulated. So today we are hauling it off to recycling. That'll be nice to get done.

Have a great day!

Sylvia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,739 Member
    Options
    afternoon my lovlies,
    Im truckin right along.. 10,000 steps already, lawn done,gym, done, doggies walked, and then to the showers and off to the see my FIL, then to walmart,sams,and dinner...
    I find that the more you move, the more energy you have.. so thats why the exercise works, and watch what goes in the mouth.. basically that is all you need, watch what you eat and move...
    Hope everyone is having a sparkly day:flowerforyou:
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    Bumping, found you, it wasn't so easy, I don't get it! Why the new thread?
    Nancy in AZ

Once a thread reaches 500 posts, it starts a new one. It is not unusual for this one to have to start over twice in one month! We are a very chatty bunch.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Where I live here in the US you don't get paid for donating blood. You do get paid for donating plasma which can also be very important. When people were paid to donate blood they found that so many addicts were donating just to support their habit and there was evidence of HIV in the blood donated. So they can't do that now. But the areas around our local plasma center really doesn't look like a safe place to be because of all the low life that are surrounding the building. You see you can't smoke in these buildings either and so they all congregate outside.

Katla so sorry to know that you have family there in the Boulder area. Sounds so scary. I see the videos on TV. We do have flooding here in Evansville but not to that extent at all. We do have the historic 1937 flood that made history. We have the Ohio river right here and there are several large creeks. We live no where close to either. I will pray for their safety.

Joyce
  • SunnyD0913
    Options
    HI EVERYONE...
    I'm back. I went off of MFP for a while, and found that I missed logging. I know, sounds weird...but I did. SO, I'M BACK. :smile:

I also missed all of your posts.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Drink your WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:

Sunny DARLA from OHIO......(sorry have to this..>) "GO BUCKS"!
  • Patchworkperson
    Patchworkperson Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Marking my spot. Been on vacation for a few weeks & can see I have loads to catch up on!
  • reedandmalloy
    Options
    Hi all! I just found this thread, and just started my weight loss this past Monday. I have a lot to lose-almost 100 pounds. But I'm determined to do it!

I'm 52 years old, married, my three children are grown, I started a garden for the first time in my life this year, and I am just ready to get back into the swing of things and doing things for myself! :) I was diagnosed with Osteo and Rheumatoid arthritis about a month ago even though it's hard to walk at times I'm not going to give up and just sit down. You all sound like a fun bunch so I thought I'd join in. :)

Mary from Southern Illinois