WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2013

Options

Replies

• jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I got some messages about coming back to the tread and posting even if I don't have time to catch up and read. So here I am. :smile:

I actually managed to take off some weight while I was on the road which amazed me - it was so hard to be good. You all would have laughed at me exercising in my tiny room in NYC. I pushed all the furniture out of the way to make this small spot on the floor. I had my laptop on the bed and played a cardio DVD on it. I kept bumping into the bed, desk and chair, but I did sweat off a bunch of calories (in addition to acquiring some black and blue marks).:laugh:

I've been keeping up with my strength training so am pretty proud of myself. I've been trying new DVD's from the library to keep it interesting.

I picked up some pants today from that I had taken in at the waist, butt and legs - and they look great again.:bigsmile: I was a bit worried about how my tailored pants would turn out, but they did a great job. Now I feel confident about bringing in a couple other favorite pairs that have gotten too baggy to have them altered as well. Which is a good thing because DH is getting cranky about the shopping I've done this summer (although he does acknowledge that it all came from the outlets or sale rack) :grumble: - my closet has a lot more space in it after clearing out all the too big clothes - even with my new purchases. Today I did pick up some new belts because the old ones were just too big and I got some cute work t's on sale for $5 at Target - can't really complain about that now can he!:noway:

Anyway I'm out of time. Hope everyone is doing well. Sending hugs to everyone who needs one. Have a great day

Jodios in can't decide if its going to storm or not N. IL:smile::love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:Sue, one lesson that the chiropractor emphasized when I had my back problems

Ice is your friend.

2911100hyogyztsfr.gif
  • Mollybesweet
    Mollybesweet Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello wonderful gorgeous Ladies :heart: :flowerforyou:
    popping in to say hello and I am still alive.
    Getting ready to head to CO in 18 days! :flowerforyou:

am excited and a little sad.
    excited seeing my DD and staying there for a few months
    sad because I'll miss my hubby love
    It all works out
    Take care everyone :heart:
    Be good to yourselves.
    I'll be back
    Molly in lovely West Virginia

September goals:
    log every bite.If not here in my journal.
    drink 10 glasses of water every day
    watch my sodium intake.
    Be kind to someone every day.
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi to all my lovely friends. Today was full. It started with diabetic class which actually was fun; the educator is my doctor’s nurse and we go WAAAAAY back. There were only 2 of us in class so we did a lot of laughing and I actually enjoyed it! Then I got my hair cut so now I don’t look so “hag-y”!

Major drama with DD#1 who now says she is moving out because she doesn’t want to live by our rules or do chores. She has been angry with me since she got here and over the years that developed into a deep seething rage that just simmered below the surface. She has a place with some friends (Russians of course) and is planning to pay half of her take home pay for rent and she thinks she can earn that she owes on cosmetology school in 6 weeks. She earns minimum wage and needs another $12.300. She claims she knows how to do this but won’t explain. She told DH last night it was all my fault, that I am too mean and too hard on her, that I call her “stupid” all the time (um, never), I make fun of her, etc. She also says all we do is fight and argue. She sure has a different perspective than we do. But she does have some suitcases packed and says she knows someone with a pickup who will move her furniture (they both have bedroom furniture they can take with them when they leave).

She is basically acting her developmental age, which is somewhere between 12 and 14. She is defiant and rebelling, like a pissy 13 year old would do. Both DH and I talked to her about how financially she can’t make this work. We both even encouraged her to go to the school and talk with financial aid to see if they could find her any other money, and she won’t even do that. So the only way I can respond is to say I love her and this is a bad decision, but every parent is excited when their kids grow up and move on and start their own lives.

Joyce; great way to turn your experience into a positive. You’re right; that was 50 calories that won’t be hanging around any longer!

BJ: I too love my visitors, but am always glad when they leave!

Yanniejannie: I feel like you do a lot…just stuck with no reason for not getting things done. YAY for getting that exercise in

Grandmallie: so glad to hear the foot is better

Texasgal: I almost choked on my greek yogurt reading your comic strip!

Sylvia: you just keep right on swimming!

Barbie: your class sounded fabulous. Thanks for your sweet words!

Sandy: I sure wish our Y had the spa!! I agree about the weight gain. Don’t stress over it!

Rhonda: what fun to have all those people around and enjoy some stress-free food. Enjoy your run! We have trails at work too, but a very small campus, so the longest is only 1.3 miles.

Sue: I agree about not skipping days reading the posts…you can’t catch up!

Jane: hope you had a nice date night. What did you guys do?

Michele: so sorry for the loss of your friend!

Renny: good news that the meds are controlling your thyroid and cholesterol. DH has a friend who has to have plasmapheresis (think dialysis for cholesterol) because his cholesterol is consistently over 1000 on meds!!! He also had four heart attacks and bypass surgery before hitting 50!

Rori: have safe travels!

Heather: oh your lunch sounds great! Prolapse surgery….how miserable! On a better note, your ravioli…YUM

DeeDee: gremlins be gone!

Liz: hugs and prayers to you! I know you will miss your dear sister

Lin: so nice to see you back again. Take care of your back and bowels!!!

Pat : your friend is so lucky to have you watching out for her. Good for you to keep going to the meetings and working through things!

Katla: oh fresh salmon! How wonderful is that? We eat salmon once a week usually but of course living in NE it has traveled a long way! We have a vacuum sealer and vaccum seal stuff before freezing it and that really cuts down on the freezer burn.

Jodios: so great to see you again! You are doing amazing

Well DD#2 is cooking black eyed pea cakes and a bok choi salad…both new dishes so we will see how it goes. Nebraska’s game is on tv, so I must go watch and cheer them on til they screw up LOL. I am definitely a fair weather fan! Meg in Omaha which is steamy today
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Meg, I don't know how old your daughter is but there was one point in my youngest daughter's life that I wondered if we would ever get her back. She was living in out house but that was all she was doing with us. And really it caused less drama to let it be that way. Eventually she moved in with her boyfriend which I'm sure she thought was another thing to get back at us. But we just loved her anyway, tried to keep the lines of communication open as much as she would allow it. Of course she was with a guy that was craving a family and he was going to be with us whether she was along or not. Now over 10 years later she still doesn't have the kind of relationship with us, mainly me, that her sister does and she will always resent that. But she dearly loves us, is my fiercest protector and we have what I think I can safely call a good relationship. We see her once a week, I know I can all on her any time and she will come over after work to help me with something.

I had a veggie omelet tonight and I am looking forward to my 8 PM snack, my fudge bar! Joyce
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I've already cut up the veggies for tonight's pork stirfry dish. Tons of veggies, no starches.

I just got abook out of the library named: "The Power of Habit". So far, I love it. It helps that I love reading:heart: . In addition, I am alone, which I enjoy immensely. I find that I am craving more alone time lately. Perhaps I have craved it all my life, but when life dictates different circumstances, it makes it more difficult to take time to reflect.
    I remember times when I would drive to the beach on Sunday afternoons, and take time to look over the ocean, read, or write in my journal. Since all kids have grown up, I do less of that, but think that I should get back to it. I love the ocean and am lucky to be within driving distance.

Ttyl
    Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Meg, sorry to hear that about your daughter. Rebellious children can last for a long time. I will say a prayer for her. jmkmomm gave you some good advice - love them unconditionally. Glad you like the cartoon but no need to choke :)

Sue, hope the ice is helping with the healing.

Time to go watch Nascar Sprint race with hubby; he's pulling for #24 if any of you are Nascar fans.

:flowerforyou:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I can't remember who was asking about what to do when your (adult) kids need help (my 4 kids are 28-41 and long left home, last one in 2003). This is such a difficult issue, as our task as parents always was to prepare our children for adulthood, and dealing with things without us parents jumping in, right. So, to qualify the balance of this post, this is from my perspective and not about anyone else's situation.

I do believe there are times that we do ...jump in, I mean. But I would not want to draw a line in the sand for anyone else, as I mentioned. While many of our kids' circumstances come about due to their own (sometimes stupid) decision making, sometimes it is not. Indeed, even if it were - and haven't we made stupid mistakes ourselves - one of the things DH and I have said to our kids, is that our home is a safe haven ( I think we came to that notion after they reached at least the age of 25 :bigsmile: ). They know from experience we don't jump into their affairs quickly anyway; but frankly, sometimes they just need to know there are some people on this earth they can trust and who will always love them, no matter what they are like and what they have done. The older I get, the more of a matriarch I consider myself (although my own mother is still alive). It is just something that eventually comes our way. And I don't see that as a negative. I look forward to making the best of it.

So far, life has been an interesting ride. Difficult - and at times difficult beyond comprehension - but interesting.

:heart: Renny
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I did it!!!!!!!1:smile::blushing: :heart: :smooched: I went back tot he Y today. When I was going so routinely before almost as soon as I finished eating lunch I change into my exercise clothes and head out tot he Y. Well I have been sitting and watching TV and the time just passes. So I finished lunch, got up changed clothes and out I went giving myself a high five and pat on the back as I was driving. I found out the name of the machine I have been using. It's called a recumbant elliptical. Hopefully it is in the exercise data base becasue I have no idea how to add one or even add quick calories burned. Some how I can do it in the food diary but not the exercise. But I did 2 miles instead of the 1. I did it at a slower pace so I could sustain it longer. Also since it is an ellipitical I really emphasized on using my arms. Yeahhhhh!!!!!!

Joyce

Joyce,

Is that a NuStep machine? If so, that is my favorite one too. They had me use that during cardiac rehab because it didn't put stress on my bad hips like the stand-up ones would do. I key in my weight and it tells me how many calories I burned. I set up a new exercise under cardio in MFP and called it NuStep, and then it lets me tell it the time and calories burned.

Sylvia
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone,

Not early enough for tai chi but did make yoga, then on to IHOP with some fairly new friends, a couple of very nice women. We planned a day out and lunch in a couple weeks for one of their birthdays. My Saturday mornings at tai chi and yoga are going to be fewer because the clubs' races are more often in the fall and winter.

Barbie.......About helping my friend with her cataract surg., well, about all I do is go to the gym and volunteer in some form for one thing or another..........no family near and dh is the complete total opposite of social, so my friends come from either of those two sources, with maybe three "left over" from way, way back when I worked. My dd is really the source of the volunteering, she dragged me into the schools with her and it went on from there. .......and my mother was constantly telling me to "make yourself useful"......guess it stuck

Rhonda.........sounds like some great running where you are; hope your run was fun

Joyce........my dd has my Camry, it has about 125,000mi. on it and I fully expect it to go to 200,000. As far as helping out, while I'm all for self-responsibility, it would depend on age and the number of times I bailed them out in the past; that kind of decision is pretty individual.

Granmallie.........had my first hot flash at 42, still having them @ 61..........how depressing is that?????

Liz........good to see you back...hugs!

Sandy...........sorry you got a bad scale reading; found what Barbie shared to be very interesting and hope that's your answer

Pat........I think you are right to wait on those bruises and see what happens

Heather..........your ravioli and jam look delicious........

Meg..........perhaps a dose of reality is just what is needed by your dd1.......grass is always greener and all that.......

Off to watch a Netflix movie, then bed. Race tomorrow early; I'll be at the finish line doing timing.
    Sweet dreams, everyone!
    yanniejannie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Renny - yea for being down. This morning I was down a bit, too. But I know that doesn't last very long.

Joyce - it's so hard to tell when it's time to stop "helping" your children. In a way, I believe Pete's family has enabled them to continue the way they are. We've told Denise that from now on we're willing to pay her tuition, but at today's rate. You know that tuition goes up almost every semester. Any increase will be her responsibility. Unfortunately, I know what'll happen, tuition will go up, she won't be able to pay the increase, and she'll drop out of college. You know how good a job you can get with just a high school diploma <snicker>. But we've told her we're willing to pay in full for her to get a 4-year degree, tuition and books. The only expense she would have would be her car. However, she'd need to move down here so she doesn't have the distraction of rent, utilities, etc. Will she do it? I doubt it, honestly. But it's her choice. Unfortunately, Pete's family has "enabled" her to continue to live up there by cosigning for apartments, even after his uncle asked us to pick her up he flew her back to PA (at the airport furthest away from us and not on a convenient time for us to take her to the airport). Oh well.....

Rori - PLEASE tell me what routine your trainer gave you that you can do in a hotel. So many times I find the choices in hotels so limiting. Id LOVE to find something else to do.

Lin - I sure do hope the doc is right about your back. But you are very smart in going for an xray if it doesn't start to feel better. We need to be our own advocates

Sandy - I find that in the summer (especially the end of summer) for some reason, and I don't know why, I really can't lose. But come the fall, it comes off. Don't give up!

Gail - with that car now is the time to go shopping! You'll certainly find your car is the parking lot....lol

Joyce - I agree with Pat, I really don't think the calories that the machines say you burn is accurate at all. Actually, I never look at that number. Every person is an individual, different weight (a heavier person will burn more), different sex, lots of differences.

Heather - I want to eat at your house! Everything sounds so scrumptious. I have this "thing" about buying something store bought, I'd much rather have something homemade. Those ravioli look heavenly

grandmalle - your foot feels better, but PLEASE don't do a lot. Give it time to heal. I know how tempting it can be to go out and do everything you normally did, but please be careful. How can those girls in your office refuse to work weekends? With so many people looking for jobs, I would think that if your boss says "you work" then you work or you're out the door.

wideeyedwonder - you joined just by posting! Now you can come here any time at all, and we do hope you come often. Welcome!

Katla - Vince wishes there was a Vitamin E (for exercise)

Joyce - yea for you going to the Y!!! That's wonderful

Went to the farmer's market this morning. The guy with the good corn wasn't there (boo). We have Rummikub this Tues and I was going to take some with me. Fortunately, I have some in the freezer that I'll defrost and take with me. The guy with the good watermelon didn't have any but he said that he'd have canaloupes in a few weeks. His cantaloupe was really sweet. Then, since I had some time, I did a bit of food shopping, just for the non-refrigerated things. Then went to yoga then on the way home to the food store again to get the refrigerated things. Then home to unpack, got two rotisserie chickens so took the meat off the bones and froze some. Then I went in the pool for about an hour. Then Vince and I worked outside, finished putting down the landscape fabric in one area and the rock, I started on the trench for the edging in one spot. Came in, had dinner, made these funfetti cookies to take to the funeral tomorrow. To me, it is strange to have a funeral on a Sunday, and it's in the middle of the day, too. But that works well for us because I can go to church early, we'll leave around 1-1:30. I don't know if they have a repast down here or not, but if not, then these cookies will be for the family.

Michele in NC
  • jmkmomm
    Options
    Asked today at the Y what the machine is. It's called a recumbent elliptical. I finally figured out how put in my exercise in the diary. So all I have to do is to change it daily according to what I do. We have Directv , we don't have any of the premium movie stations but they frequently offer free weekends. I know it is to entice us to buy into the premium stations. but all it shows me is that they are so repetitive. So I try to record on my DVR as much as I I want. So today I have watched. I bought a zoo and rigth now I am watching The life of Pi. Both of those are movies are some that I have really wanted to go to the theatre and see but I just can't see spending $8 to see a movie. So I am really enjoying these movies. The life of Pi started out real slow but I'm enjoying it now

I think the reason my daughter isn't calling me more often about her situation is that she doesn't want to have to put us in any situation. She gets upset about her husband not having a typical job that pays routine pay checks. He gets paid frequently for different video jobs he does and during horse racing season he gets a lot of jobs videotaping the horses for the owners. But there is nothing to contribute to a monthly budget. I am glad that she has an amazing ability to be able to get the jobs she does and picks up so many talents that add to her resume'. their children are very content, they have never known any different than to go to Goodwill, sales at Kohls, etc. They do enjoy the fact that SIL' sister loves to take them shopping the few times a year she sees them. so they are a very happy fmaily, know that God loves them and provides their needs, not knowing that some others have different wants. Watching TV consists of PBS, Netfix so they don't see commercials. I am proud of how content and happy they are.

OK, that's enough talking about my kids. Joyce
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: The rain is gone and I got to work in the yard this morning. Jake came out with his trusty pick and loosened the ground enough that we were finally able to dislodge the big stump in the middle of the flower bed…….I can almost see the end of the digging so we can put stones, compost, and store bought dirt in the hole and have it ready to plant the peonies when they come this fall….simple midday meal (baked chicken breast and salad), then a nap followed by dog walking……Jake and I did our strength training together while watching TV…it was tricky because we had to take turns with the hand weights…..walked the dogs again and now I have a short time at the computer before bed time.

:flowerforyou: All our kids are Jake’s and he’s had lots of challenges knowing how much to help them…he drew the line at having any of them move in with us, but he’s given them a lot more financial help than I would have.

:flowerforyou: Joyce, I love our DVR.....i record TV shows that I like so I can watch them when I want to

:flowerforyou: yanniejannie, right after I read your post, Jake was listening to something on the computer about stress that said that helping others helps offset the negative effects of stress and contributes to longevity.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • annwilliams123
    Options
    Hello Everyone I just signed up and am pretty sure I lost my 1st pound laughing at the poodles in exercise class! Adorable! Off to a good start.... Ann
  • jmkmomm
    Options
    Ann, I used to know an Ann Williams. i think I was the only one she would let me call her Annie. Could you be her???

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Thanks for sharing the post from Spark People. It validated what I’ve been thinking about the relationship between vigorous exercise and weight gain. When I go to the gym it feels like I have water retention for a few days afterward. Apparently that is just what happens.:smile:

Joyce: WTG on the elliptical. I’m impressed.:bigsmile:

LinC: I’m sure you’re right about the young dog learning from the older one. Perhaps we’ll get a pup for Schooner to train in the future. For now, we have our hands full taking care of DH's health issues.:flowerforyou:

Jodios: I’m glad you stopped in and posted, and hope you’ll do so more often.:flowerforyou:

Renny: Your comments on parenting strike a chord with me. I see things in much the same way.:smile:

DH was a lucky fisherman today. He caught two beautiful salmon and we spent the afternoon getting them ready to freeze. He made them into filets and steaks. We’ll be eating well for some time to come. Between them, they weighed 40 pounds! He had a great time. We’re lucky to have a good neighbor who invites him to go out fishing once in a while. His wife and I walk dogs together. She is going to show me how to make smoked salmon with some of last year’s catch that has been in our freezer. I’m excited to try.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

September goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
    3. Drink at least 4 glasses of water daily.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Good morning from showery Hampshire in the south of England.:happy:

Woke up to DH in the spare room, having had a horrible, anxious, sleepless night worrying about the boat to France in December. He was crying - mainly with frustration at himself and the feeling he was letting me down. The reason I wanted to book that little break was because it was EASY with almost no driving, but I am happy to cancel it if it's going to cause him major problems. Some of you may remember I was having the wobbles about the dark, cold etc.
    Anyway I looked at the ship's website and found that for an extra £55 each way we could have a Commodore cabin with two big beds, TV, breakfast inc in the room etc, etc. I showed it to him and he said he is thinking about it. Would save a bit of that extra on the breakfast. Oh well, we will see. He is claustrophobic and a bit seasick so that is his worry. A big cabin and a big boat all helps I hope.

My next job is to get him to think about our February trip. We like to go away in February to avoid some of the winter and because the garden is dormant. As he hates long flights that is a bit of a problem to go anywhere warmish. If he really doesn't want to go I will go by myself somewhere. I hope we can find some compromise.

I posted the photo of my ravioli on Facebook to encourage the young relatives who are coming in two weeks time! I have very few Facebook friends, but they are two of them. Half an hour later we had an agitated phone call! They thought we were expecting them this weekend and got in a panic! Reassured them it was all in the freezer.:laugh: Later I got a "Yum, yum" reply from them on FB.

Weight up today 1 lb. So much salt in the Putanesca sauce, I felt quite thirsty in the night! Soon will go. Didn't do my weight training today, but added 30 more cals on the cycle. I like to eat! Will do a few bicep curls in a minute, just because I like my arm definition.:blushing:

Tomorrow I'm off to babysit in London. Will go up there bearing sushi for lunch. DH off to see his daughter for lunch. We are going to leave at 7pm, before dinner as I really don't want DS#2 to feel he has got to cook for us after a long day at work. He is a trained chef and always does lovely food, but has enough on his plate with the grand brewery opening (he is General Manager) on Saturday. He has brought brewing back to the East End of London. From scratch, more or less, using the old yeast that was kept when the original brewery closed down. Anyone interested can Google New Truman's Brewery. The opening has food, live music and beer:laugh: I will be going up on Saturday and my friend will join me and maybe my brother and family, but DH has football so is giving it a miss.

Well, must drink my coffee DH has brought me.

Katla - can you spirit me some of that lovely salmon! Wow! DS does cold smoking, but that is very tricky. Hot smoking is much easier and can be done on the bbq or even in a kitchen. I love making gravadlax, but it is very salty. With the smoking, I cheat and use the smoky drops - delicious. Then I spread chipotle sauce on it and bake in foil. To die for and you would swear it had been cooked on a campfire!:tongue:

Meg- yes the beets must be beetroot. Our normal ones are the red ones, but the ones I bought were more orange. Eating them again for lunch. Full of vitamins and minerals.:love:

Bye for now, love Heather :flowerforyou:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    good morning my lovlies~
    yesteday was a nice day,, did good calorie wise..
    Michelle- I promise I am not going to go crazy and do anything foolish.. I just iced my heel this morning. and still wear the brace at night, will not do anything that will bring my foot down hard at the gym either and will wait awhile before I try taking long walks...
    I have some AL Fresco sweet apple chicken sausage I just took out of the freezer, would like to make something with it for dinner,but I dont know what ? if Im giving it to the DH I cant do anything with onions ,I could do something with pasta but what, because the sausage is sweet. any suggestions?
    Where I work..the Dr's are much younger than us, remember this was a practice that was owned by a dentist that was a yr or 2 older than me that dropped dead at 49 of a widowmaker..
    the women that dont want to work the weekends are divorced and have children in there early teens ,and with the weekend switches with dads and stuff they dont want to bring there kids to work..
    it makes it very hard for Zina and I to take any weekends off,because someone has to be an assistant and someone has to be at the front desk, which I can do both, Zina just does the assisting.
    the so called office manager is taking one saterday in december and wont let me forget it, because it is the saterday before Christmas and she just wants to rub it in my face..she is only nice to me when she need something other than that she can be downright nasty..
    I do alot for that office, anything they ask me to do I do.and I am the oldest staff member..
    today I am going to the gym, then to return some jeans to walmart, the nice stretchy straight leg ones I got for 5 bucks have a broken zipper:angry: going to see if I can find the same ones and maybe do an even exchange..
    p.s.- there is a neat Scientific 7 minute workout timer that you can log into if you are away and it is pretty neat.. look it up:wink:
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all and to all a great day.

Katla
    I'm sure your hubby was a happy fisherman. 40 lbs. of salmon great catch. My hubby is gone for a weekend fishing trip with son. Hope he comes back with his 4 pickerel that is all they are allowed.
    Your goals for month nice and doable.

City Jane
    The trip you have planned don't sound like something your husband will enjoy. He might go but all for you. I've been gone alone with my aunt on holidays as long as 5 weeks the year we went to Alaska. We take short holidays often little road trips a week. Sometimes a couple days. I hate flying feet on the ground for this chick.

Grandmaille
    It's nice to know the ins and outs of a job. But you sure can put in the overtime. Been there as a receptionist (ward clerk) at hospital. Called in for lab. x-ray. Sure didn't feel like part time work.
    Hope you can find another pair of jeans for five bucks. If not i'd be tempted to keep them and have a zipper put in.

Well doing just the last page so not spending hours on here.
    Today not much to say but that I had a very restless night. I just don't care for being home alone. And my back pain is really bad at night. I did a lot of up and down. Was on putter at two this morning. Only had close to 900 calories yesterday so I had a toast with jam at 2.

See you lighter from Northern Ontario where fall is in the air.
  • LizPlus
    LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good Morning;

***** Lincharpentie- Thank you so much for the support with my grieving...I just do not want people to think that I am looking for sympathy ......I think getting an xray for your back is a wise move...the painkillers are hard on the system..I take quite a few...so I understand your problem with them...

***** Sandy- I have had that problem with exercising...I always gained weight while doing them...very frustrating :noway:

***** Cityjane- Thank you so much for the support.....your homemade ravioli sounds delicious...what is Tagliatelli and Putanesca ?

***** Sylvia- Putting wipes in the refrigerator is a *cool* idea...you should patent the *granny wipes*

***** Gail- I hope your car trouble is short..ours lasted 3 wks....Neon Green...real bright :noway:

***** Pat- Thank you so much for the support...the pain of her being gone can hurt so bad sometimes...we knew that she wouldn't be with us long...but...I wanted her here longer :cry: ......I hope your lady friends night caregiver is replaced by a more kinder and caring person...

***** Wideeyedwonder- Welcome to the group..just posting makes you a member...

***** Losingthebulg- Welcome to the group...you won't be alone in this journey...

***** Katla49- Sorry to hear that the women in your family that took Hormone Replacements..got cancer....taking them is always that possibility....I just sweat it out..for me it was a **wave** not a *flash*..

***** Barbiecat- Thanks for explaining the *weight gain* when we exercise..

***** Sue- Gardening in the high temps can be dangerous..just take care....I was never very good at picking paint colors..there were so many in their *families*..it confused me as to what I liked best....

***** Jodios- That is super determination..even exercising while you are away...Good for you...

***** Mollybesweet- Have fun at your DD....I like your goal of ** being kind to someone every day**

*****Meg- Sorry about the troubles with DD#1.....Hope it improves...

***** Jmkmomm- Congrats on going to the Y....Sometimes one of our BK cannot bond with a parent or both...you are doing great by letting her know you love her no matter what.....

***** Renny- I also enjoy looking out over the water...the Ocean must be beautiful...

***** Ann- Welcome to the group...

***** Yanniejannie- Thanks ...it is nice *being back*

***** Grandmallie- Sorry your foot is still hurting

I hope every one has a great Sunday...hopefully in the sun :smile:

Take Care!!
    LizPlus fr Halifax NS