What food can you not have in the house?

Options

Replies

• Gw3nJa
    Gw3nJa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Chips and dip cannot be in my house. It will be gone within two or three days and if there's still dip, I'll go buy more chips until it's gone. So the problems more dip than chips. Any sweet that I like ( I mean I like sweets but some that I REALLY like) will be gone quickly also. Also, anything that has a quick expiration date, as I have an issue throwing away food and will try to eat it before it goes bad. I'm sure I could make a small book of such things but these are the big ones.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    M&Ms of any kind. I've bought the HUGE bag and managed to eat half in one evening! They are in the house now...and calling my name. Once they are gone...NO MORE!!! I can't control myself around them!!
  • tamadrummer001
    tamadrummer001 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was struggling with all the snack foods we have in the house because we have a 7 year old that for 7 years has had access to anything and everything he could possibly want. I was literally out of control 65 days ago.

I had to devise a plan to allow for their to be snacks in the house and not eat them.

I now put an 8x11 sheet of paper with a note written on each thing I go after that says something like, " Brian, You cannot eat me, I will destroy your waistline, or I am pure evil and will make your gains disappear"

Yes our pantry has big notes all through out it but it has kept me on task and allows my son to see that it isn't healthy for him too but its harder for him to make good choices all the time. We help but I don't want to give him a complex at 7, so as things are gone they will not be replaced with as much.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Lays original potato chips and soft cookies, any flavor. None allowed, not even visitors can bring. They have to leave if they play a joke and bring them anyway.
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Food? In the house?

Oh no. Can't have that.

Jk. But really, I try to go the store every day to get what I need for dinner. For myself I really only keep yogurt, fruit, and some frozen stuff to make into dinner in the event that I am lazy.

But really cereal I can't keep around, because I will wake up at 3am and sleep eat bowls of cereal.

Ranch dressing is another thing. I will put it on every salad, dip every healthy vegetable into it if it's there.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Nutella...
  • magurski
    magurski Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Carbs in any form other than leafy green veggies. It helps that I'm no longer seeing them as food...
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    pepperoni or soppresata
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Basically anything prepackaged. Even if I don't like it, I'll wander into the kitchen looking for something to snack on. If it doesn't need to be prepared, then I will snack on it. Over and over!
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am unable to do "moderation" when it comes to Doritos, fun-size 100 Grand bars, or breadsticks from the pizza place.
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well.... ICE CREAM, soda, Pizza, Yogurt, Candy, and anything SUPER YUMMY!!! LOL!
  • selmafeki
    selmafeki Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Biscuits. Thats what you get for having a british boyfriend.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Pretty much if there's anything that's sweet or starchy, I'll finish it off. Meat, veggies and fruit are safe from my gaping maw.
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wheat Thins. I cannot stop at one serving. Really, I am in trouble with any crackers except for something dull and bland like saltines.

Any homemade cookies

Most packaged cookies (although I do have some gluten free cookies on hand and I have managed not to eat more than one or two a day.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything. LoL but the big ones are: ice cream, cookies, cereal.....as well as pie, sourdough bread, etc.
  • rednailvarnish
    rednailvarnish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    cheese!
  • anewlife4me8610
    anewlife4me8610 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to that...I can not have nutella in the house lol or cheese cake...i just have absolutely no will power when it comes down to it. I know they say, have a slice, dont deprive yourself....NOT...I can not stop at one slice so for now. I chose to NOT have it in my house...lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    junk food of pretty much any type
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    white chocolate covered pretzels! OMG they are so good! I have no self control
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Restaurant pizza. I'll eat about four slices at a time and will crave and eat it for at least another day. I'm the same way w White Cheddar Cheeto's. I eat the whole bag over two days. They're not fried, though; they're baked. :laugh: