Cottage Cheese

Options

Replies

• RunEatLift
    Options
    I like it mixed with crushed pineapple! Yummy

ooh same!

I love sweet chilli rice cakes topped with cottage cheese and salsa.
  • xkaylaxmichellex
    xkaylaxmichellex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mmm, yummy ideas!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    As someone mentioned earlier make a dip but I recommend blending it smooth, add a bit of skim milk and low cal dressing for flavour and it is an awesome dip.

I grew up putting cottage cheese in my tomato soup, there are some great organic tomato soups out there and for me it's a lovely winter lunch treat -- works out to about 300 calories.

And last but not least as (again) someone else mentioned cottage cheese with crushed pineapple then add about a 1/4 cup of granola for crunch and carbs.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Toast a slice of bread, then layer with tomatoes and cottage cheese and sprinkle pepper on it. Yum!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I like plum tomatoes and chives in mine with a dash of salt and pepper.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all have great recipes! I am now hungry for cottage cheese!!
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Mix with plain greek yogurt and cup of diced peaches for a protein blast
  • SpleenlessGal
    SpleenlessGal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just keep it very basic. I do cottage cheese with a tiny bit of cinnamon and a butt load of blueberries. :)
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    bump!

with grapes & walnuts for me :)
  • HeyHeyLynn
    HeyHeyLynn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, cut a medium apple into thin slices. Add 1/2 C cottage cheese, and 1/2-1 t cinnamon. Stir and enjoy!
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love it with blueberries and strawberries. If they're frozen, it's almost like ice cream!

I know some people who like it with soy sauce, but I don't.

I've made cheese blintzes with cottage cheese filling. They're delicious!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I just mix it in my protein shake, makes it taste so good.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Bump for later references
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I really like it with peaches
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    4 oz cottage cheese 1 to 2 tbls spoon of crumbled walnuts and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. It's my go to breakfast, or as a snack during the day.

4 oz cottage cheese, 1 to 2 tbls spoon of hot cocktail sauce. It's my go to snack and I use it as a topping to 1/2 cup of baked potato.

Both delish!
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    As someone mentioned earlier make a dip but I recommend blending it smooth, add a bit of skim milk and low cal dressing for flavour and it is an awesome dip.

I second this! I put it in my bullet blender. Since cottage cheese is really thick, its pretty difficult to blend completely smooth, so I do the best I can and then press the rest through a sieve. The result is magical. So smooth and creamy.
    Things you can do with smooth cottage cheese:
    ~Add spices and herbs to make a dip for veggies/ chips.
    ~Add some cocoa powder/sweetener and a bit of water to thin it down and use it as frosting. I put it on my protein mug brownie. Yum!
    ~Add a bit of sweetener/water and use it as a fruit dip. i like to add a bit of ginger and dip in canteloupe
    ~Use as a pasta sauce (you can add garlic, basil, and/or other herbs to suit your tastes)

This may sound kind of odd, but I like to mix 1/4 cup cottage cheese with sugar free jello. Its a light and fruity dessert.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Either with a sprinkle of nutmeg or 1/4c cottage cheese mixed with a tablespoon of smooth peanut butter.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have it in a wrap with ham and salad.