80 day pre- holiday challenge

Replies

• balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Yes true. Thanks DJ & Ladymedic :smile:

DAY 24 out of 80.

Started off terribly as I wasn't feeling wonderful this morning. The dreaded migraine paid me a visit for the last 48hrs, but managed to get a half day at work which gave me a chance to take a siesta which gave me more energy to FINALLY get to the gym after skipping it for the last 4 days..[eek].

Anyho, I'm really proud today because I managed to run 5K without stopping or walking. :bigsmile: It took me 30mins, but hopefully one day I can get the time a bit faster. The Couch to 5K really does work!!

Ate about 20% of my exercise calories today. I treated myself to some small chocolate after dinner.....I had missed chocolate. :blushing:
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Day 23 Done.
    Not my best day, but still under by 500 calories.
  • Friends hang in there... I know this is a long road but we are getting real close to the halfway point... It will be so worth it ...
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    THank You DJ.
    I'm currently doing this under myfitnesspal.
    Great motivation
  • What do you mean you're not eating any exercise calories.If I have a calorie budget of 1400 calories and put in 1200 exercise calories I should still have 1200 calories at the end of the day?
  • What do you mean you're not eating any exercise calories.If I have a calorie budget of 1400 calories and put in 1200 exercise calories I should still have 1200 calories at the end of the day?

Hello - My budget is over 2000 calories and I usually burn around 1,000 per day... This system is set up for you to eat all of your budget, plus some or all of your exercise calories that you burned... But I have had more success when I stayed below my budget and let my clorie burns create a deficit... Different strokes for different folks though...
    During this challenge I have eaten some of my exercise calories on some days.... Some days I get HUNGRY!
    Good luck , befriend me if you want...
  • THank You DJ.
    I'm currently doing this under myfitnesspal.
    Great motivation

Great for u... keep it real my friend
  • Day 24 in the books!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Day 24 DONE!

Ate a little over my cals, but not by much. Still, should have had a little less for dinner -- overate a bit, and my tummy is not happy. Overindulging in healthy food is still overindulging.

Got in my exercise today!

Tomorrow is my weekly weigh-in day. I hope it's a good one. :smile:
  • Mande_G
    Day 25 DONE!

Ate well, exercised, got in plenty of water. Had to do some extra stretching today to alleviate a headache -- SO happy to know yoga, it comes in handy!

Tomorrow -- I need to start working on smaller dinner portions. The last 2 nights I've been STUFFED. I'm either under-estimating my portions, or just eating too much in a single meal. Either way -- I need to eat a little less at night.

Pretty happy with today, all in all. :smile:
  • Mande_G
    Day 26 DONE!

Where'd everyone go?
  • Im here... still holding on... Day 27?

Be good folks
  • Mande_G
    Day 27 DONE!

Had unexpected company this afternoon and didn't get a chance to get my workout in, but I'll fit it in tomorrow and call today a rest day.

Food/water were good.

Have a good weekend!
  • balfonso
    Hey guys,

I was away for a fews days for work and ended up falling ill so I haven't been totally logging everything I eat or eating very well, let alone being able to exercise. Can't breathe through my nose, so this cold has really put a spanner in this challenge. I may have to personally extend the 80 days and lead it to Christmas at the rate I'm going...[sigh]...can't believe I've caught a cold when I only had it a month ago...bah, I hate this cold rainy weather :sad:
  • Hang in here Balfonso...
    Day 28 done... Big burn today... ate good too...
  • balfonso
    Managed DAY 29. Didn't have much of an appetite today as still ill but managed to squeeze in a walk from grocery shopping so at least it's better than nothing.

Having lots of liquids and made a big pot of pork spicy miso veggie stew today so that should hopefully last me a few days so I can rest in the evenings.

Trying my best to hang in there guys :smile:
  • Mande_G
    Day 28 DONE! Didn't post last night, oops.

No exercise this weekend (too hard to fit in with the hubby at home. Gotta work on that!)

Currently working my way through day 29. I have homemade bean soup simmering on the stove, which is fun. :smile: Gotta get in a little more water today. Will post back tonight.
  • Mande_G
    Managed DAY 29. Didn't have much of an appetite today as still ill but managed to squeeze in a walk from grocery shopping so at least it's better than nothing.

Having lots of liquids and made a big pot of pork spicy miso veggie stew today so that should hopefully last me a few days so I can rest in the evenings.

Trying my best to hang in there guys :smile:

Hope you're feeling better soon, hon! :flowerforyou:
  • Mande_G
    Day 29 DONE!

Bye bye weekend, hello Monday. Let's start this week off with a bang!!
  • ladymedic22
    ladymedic22 Posts: 35 Member
    Was away for a few days so not able to track well. Did make smarter choices and work out but was not perfect. But back to work and back on track now. Even managed to work out before work today! On a personal nite I love how honest everyone is, it's nice to know I am not the only one who slips now and then. Thanks guys
This discussion has been closed.