Replies

• manda2980
    manda2980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I started the Summer Butt Workout today. I ran across it on Pinterest last night, and it seemed a good workout I could do around my house. It'a a 7-day workout, so I'll probably do several cycles of it. I am definitely starting to feel sore this evening. :)

http://skinnyms.com/summer-butt-challenge/

I am going to look this up too! tnx
  • missdibs1
    Options

looks like fun! I will try it! In addition to my regular routine.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Listen...I have not butt at all. I have a back with a crack. Do you think I could actually develop a butt with these squats and things mentioned here???

I have/had the same thing - what we called the crack in my back, LOL...

While it isn't round or bubbly or anything Sir MixALot would sing about, it IS coming along...I've been squatting, goblet squatting, deadlifting, occasionally lunging (because I hate them oh, so very damned much).

Not sure what it's going to look at when I'm done, but even a little is better than none.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to post my butt progress photos because they're not even remotely MFP-appropriate, but this is actually the physical improvement I'm most proud of. I went from having a flat pancake butt to having a small, round, really freaking hard butt. You're not going add much size to your butt without eating at a surplus and lifting heavy weights, but you can get rid of the fat that is hiding its shape and do heavy lifting to perk it up somewhat. In that regard, I'm a big advocate of deadlifts (all kinds), squats (all kinds), incline walking or running, and, above all, barbell hip thrusts. And when I say heavy lifting, I mean really heavy.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Look up Bret Contreras
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am currently in a bulk phase and my lower half is my biggest goal. I started at 206, then went to 155 skinny fat in about six months after only eating at a deficit. I started lifting and trained for a figure show and went down to super low BF and weighed in at 125. I am 5'7". I had not butt, though, so I started working on it the last year. I used to have a very wide, saddle back butt that was flat. It looked good in jeans because I have a smaller waist, but naked...ugh. So...the past six months I have targeted it, while eating at a surplus and you can see the results in my profile pic. Much more round, shapely and hard as a rock. :-) I'm still working on setting more size, but that will come with time. Total time...2 and a half years. Lots of trial and error and lots of mistakes....
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible vids on YouTube. 3 levels in 6 weeks, she's a little annoying but if you mute her and turn on some good music, it's a really good booty work out!
  • missdibs1
    Options
    I'm not going to post my butt progress photos because they're not even remotely MFP-appropriate, but this is actually the physical improvement I'm most proud of. I went from having a flat pancake butt to having a small, round, really freaking hard butt. You're not going add much size to your butt without eating at a surplus and lifting heavy weights, but you can get rid of the fat that is hiding its shape and do heavy lifting to perk it up somewhat. In that regard, I'm a big advocate of deadlifts (all kinds), squats (all kinds), incline walking or running, and, above all, barbell hip thrusts. And when I say heavy lifting, I mean really heavy.

How heavy?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible vids on YouTube. 3 levels in 6 weeks, she's a little annoying but if you mute her and turn on some good music, it's a really good booty work out!

Truth! I actually thought she was funny, though she'd probably offend yoga instructors. My *kitten* was begging for a padded toilet seat by the 3rd level. I would've repeated it, but I was afraid my chair I used for step-ups was gonna go splat. Squats have definitely changed the shape of my butt. No pics, you really don't wanna see that.
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Here is another link for Bret Contreras

http://www.getglutes.com/

Good moves to do at home while watching TV!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options

looks like fun! I will try it! In addition to my regular routine.

So this morning, I woke up and it felt like I had a knife jabbed into each *kitten* cheek. I knew I was going to be sore, but holy crow. Now, this evening I just finished up the Monday workout and my legs are exhausted. You'll have to post a follow up to let me know how this makes you feel. I knew I was out of shape from my surgery this summer, but I don't know if I'll be able to get my C210K treadmill workout in tonight. I'm thinking hot shower and then curl up in the fetal position on the couch.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options

Truth! I actually thought she was funny, though she'd probably offend yoga instructors. My *kitten* was begging for a padded toilet seat by the 3rd level. I would've repeated it, but I was afraid my chair I used for step-ups was gonna go splat. Squats have definitely changed the shape of my butt. No pics, you really don't wanna see that.
    I love to hear her shes an arnold!! Im doing the program hope i can finish it all this time!
  • dianamatienzo
    Options
    Mine has gotten a ton better just from squats and deadlifts! :) I have been lifting for about a year, but only squatting seriously for 2 months and it's gotten so much rounder, plumper, and tight! I had SO much trouble with squats for a whole year! And it took me that year to figure out my form and do a lot of mobility work to work my way into great squats! I'm still working on perfecting my deadlifts though. So definitely squats and deadlifts! Just do your research on proper form!
  • missdibs1
    Options
    So Ladies this is what I have decided to try:

Besides my normal HIITS with weights and 3 days per week c25k

every morning 100 reps kettlebell swings

let's see what happens. Be in touch let's say we will all touch base in 30 days?

Much love MissDibs
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    @ Lumpyspaceprincess - Daaaaayyymmmmnnnn

Also Adventure Time is my jam :D
    *Bro-fist* Mathematical!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Yes I do!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Another tush that isn't perfect, but I'm happy with it! I went from flat to filling out my jeans, anyhow! I did it by taking up distance running AND doing Les Mills Body Pump classes 1-2 times a week. I use 40 lbs on the bar during squats. 20-30 lbs on bar during dead lifts. It's not a lot but it works!
  • missdibs1
    Options
    Another tush that isn't perfect, but I'm happy with it! I went from flat to filling out my jeans, anyhow! I did it by taking up distance running AND doing Les Mills Body Pump classes 1-2 times a week. I use 40 lbs on the bar during squats. 20-30 lbs on bar during dead lifts. It's not a lot but it works!

I was doing 20 pound one legged dead lifts yesterday OMG

and I have started to add a 3 day per week (well sometijes 2, I am human lol) run too!

Great job btw
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Bumping for new ideas for my routine! Thanks for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!