Early Risers here??

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I work out at 5 AM 5-6 days a week. I'm doing Insanity right now (eek!). Some days, it's easier to get up at 5 than others, but I make my self rise and shine!

I work out at home and I love that time to myself. The house is so peaceful and I don't have to worry about people walking in while I'm working and getting me all self conscious.

Hooray to my fellow early morning exercisers! :drinker:
  • Slpbound13
    Options
    I get up at 5AM and usually start my workout around 6AM when the college track opens up. I walk/jog and then run up and down the bleachers. It is so much easier working out in the AM! Plus it makes you feel alive around 8AM opposed to feeling tired and lazy :)
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I have just started waking up early for my workouts. I am really struggling with it. I am such a night owl and struggle getting out of bed, regardless of what time I set my alarm clock. I could sleep until 10am everyday if I could! I just found that I don't always have time in the evening for my workouts. So I have been "training" my body for this new schedule. I am week #2. I hope it doesn't take me much longer to get used to it. I have been sleeping in my workout clothes and getting everything I possibly can ready the night before and I am in bed at 10:00!! Which is early for me!

I also sleep in my (clean) workout clothes if I mean to get up early! That way all I have to do is shove my feet into shoes and if I don't wake up for the gym I feel like an idiot having slept in my workout clothes. :wink:
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    90% chance, if my workout doesn't happen before 6:00AM at home, it just isn't going to happen. Luckily as I do HIIT, I can get up at 5:20 and have plenty of time to drink some water, warm up, exercise, and be done by 6:00.

I also have 6:00 am Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practice 1-2 times a week, no half-*kitten* mornings when someone's trying to choke you unconscious!

This is me, If I don't do it early in the morning...I never will.
  • lequire
    lequire Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I used to get up every morning and head to the gym before work but after marathon training the extra sleep felt so amazing and I fell off the wagon. Every time I get to the gym early I realize how great it makes me feel. I'm gonna start going early again...Monday look out, I'm coming for ya!
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    - Up at 4:00 (3:50 actually)
    - run down stairs, hit the coffee perk
    - throw on gym clothes
    - grab coffee and water and hit the road
    - at the gym 4:30
    - back home by 6:00 - just in time to see my kids get up

Love It!
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to chime in real quick.
    As for me everyone. I have been laid up in bed. Either I got the flu or a flu like bug. Back is killing me, chills, sneezing, coughing. A prime candidate for Nyquil. Anyways I did workout on saturday (got a great sweat) but was probably a big mistake as I was in bed the rest of Sunday. Here I am at work but not really all there yet. I still here for you all. Keep the board going in my absence. I'll be back soon.

Glad to see more faces on here. Makes me smile.. =)

Charlie
  • EnjoyYourJourney
    EnjoyYourJourney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I saw this thread as I have been thinking about getting my workout done in the a.m. I don't think I am going to be quite as early as some of you guys. Luckily for me I don't leave for work until 8:15 a.m. so I plan on getting up at 6 a.m. and starting my workout at about 6:15. I work out at home so it should be easy for me, however I am a "night owl" so I am going to have a couple of sleep deprived days to get myself into a different sleep routine, but getting my workout done every day will be a bonus as I don't always get it done after work!!
  • T_Roc
    T_Roc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's nice to see this thread. My alarm goes off during the week at 3:15am. Sometimes I think I'm nuts. (Well, I KNOW I am.) But on the flip side, it makes sleeping until 6am on weekends feel luxurious.

I just know myself well enough to know that I will NOT workout when I get home from work. Not consistently, anyway. I've got too many other things to do and I'm already pooped at that point anyway. It feels good to get up and get it done and have that energy for the rest of the day.

The only bad thing is trying to get myself to go to bed at a decent hour. I'm averaging about 5.5 hours of sleep a night, and it's really not enough.
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wow sorry everyone. Its been a long time since I have been on this thread. I was on vacation the last time I posted and got back the first weekend of October and you know how it goes in that it takes awhile to adjust back to reality. Im back (unfortunately) but here to put in the work. I have while on vacation finished T25 and lost 10 lbs which is great. Now I jumped back into P90X to really build more muscles and get that "Defined" look. Today is plyo but since I hit snooze too many times I am going to be doing it tonight. Other than that how is everyone?

Charlie
  • Firefighter4ever
    Options
    I'm up around 4:30am daily and get my workout started around 5. When the sun comes up, I'll hit the road for a run.