Early Risers here??

Options

Replies

• javajunco
    javajunco Posts: 81
    Options
    I often go to 7 AM classes in the city, but that means I have to get on a 6AM train and be up by 5! I take classes next to my workplace.

Exactly! I get up at 6, and I get to the gym at 8. (My commute to my gym is an hour). I keep looking at those 7am classes and thinking, one of these days... (but on the other hand, sleep is important too! :) )
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    Glad to see others that get up early. I've been trying to get up at 4:45 for the past two week so I can workout. But the bed feels soooooo good in the morning. Some good suggestion in here, gonna try some out.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5 AM to see hubby off to work. I am usually out walking/running the dogs before 6.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    At gym by 6:15 am every morning, then again at 12-1 or so for cardio.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    ME! I get to the gym (most mornings) by 6.30. I am trying to get there earlier so i'll have more time to do everything I need to do. I have a 15 minute walk to the gym, then after the gym i take the bus to work (~30 minutes). I do 45-60 mins on a cross-elliptical, i do 10-20 mins on treadmill OR weight machines (I would like to do more, that's why i need to get up earlier).
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My days start at 5:25!! Makes my day sooooo much better!!! :)
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The first of 3 alarms is set for 3:30, I'm up and doing something by 4:15-30, M-F. Saturday I do a Zumba class at 10am, and Sunday is my rest day, but the kids usually insist that only lasts til 6:30 or so. :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I knew I wasn't getting up at 445am this morning as I did not get to sleep until after 12am! Managed to get up 635ish and got to walking at 650. Did my 5 mile Leslie Sansone walk, then 36 jumping jacks, then 5 minutes of Hip Hop Abs (the 'last-minute-abs; workout). Then I had to race out the door to get to work on time, but made it! :smile:
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    6:00AM over here, wake up at 5, get to the gym for 6, workout till 7:15 and then head for work for 8AM

on occasion I will also go back to the gym after work for some zumba or step classes if I feel extra badass that day.
  • soontobemomma
    Options
    Was done with the walk at about 6.00ish.
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I usually start my workouts at 3:30 am until 4:45 am
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    This week so far I have been sleeping in.... but tomorrow morning I plan on going for a jog around 4:30. Im glad there is a nice walking path near my house so I can run it in the dark without having to worry about cars or anything like that.

I did have a Skunk take about 30 seconds off my time one morning though
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Sorry for not posting yesterday... I usually get some time first thing in the morning to answer but yesterday I got SLAMMED non stop. Yesterday was a scheduled day off for me but I did manage to pull out a Ten Minute Trainer and did a quick workout. Nothing to extreme but enough to satisfy my needs. Remember what I said if I miss a day I feel out of place??? LOL.
    Today I had a later workout as I had a day off from work and was helping taking care of my daughter. Although I love the AM workouts, the health of my daughter takes precedence over a workout. Today though I knocked out Bulk Chest. If any of you are familiar with this work out routine it was all heavy weight for me, but my only problem is that I have maxed out my Bowflex Selecttech dumbbell set of 52.5lbs for the dumbbell press. A little disappointed but satisfied that I have increased the weight. I feel bad for my stability ball though as it did not get much use today because as I went up in weight I had to keep in mind that the ball has a weight limit and I did not want to test it. If you know what I mean.

supplemama-Love the name so are you into taking lots of supplements?? Which ones. Welcome aboard. Hey good for you and take your time to ease your body into it. Once you get the momentum going you will be fine.

LOL about the alarm issue. I am sure we all have done that but you made me smile. Cool that you did a 5 mile Fat burner walk, plus jumping jacks?? Bonus High 5 from me.

Coquette6-Great job for getting your workout in. Trust me I'll be watching you. You can do this. If you get bored from what you are doing I have a few things I can suggest...

Lipoindexter-Welcome aboard 3am awesome job. What time do you go to bed? I agree about getting swole. How is your nutrition going? What are your Macros? You cant get rid of that stubborn fat without proper nutrition. Welcome aboard.

Sunshinestate-If you dont mind me asking what is a C25K? I am guessing it is a run of some kind? I love florida. It is a 2nd to Oahu. You know what the hardest part of all of this is just making the decision to workout which you already took that step.

Cicisiam-LOL on the secret.. But the back problem just be safe. No need to be put out of commission and lose the momentum. Great goal for you to get 3 days of strenght training. Are you following a plan for that? Going to a gym or doing it at home?

emafairycake1-friend request being sent now. Welcome aboard. You will find that a lot of us feel the same way as you. Knock that gym workout... =)

Wag1one-I was almost name Shaun just so you know. My mom wanted Shaun but my dad wanted Charlie. I have a cousin named Charlie on my dads side. I guess 2 is better than 1 lol. Are you doing anything else besides running?

Blackcloud13-Hey as long as you get up and knock the workout is all that matters. Snooze can be a good thing sometimes... lol

Supplemama-I like that you are adding more to your workout routine. HHA is a great workout. Have you completed the workouts in the past?

EmmieBaby-Welcome aboard. That is great that you can get a second workout in after work double the calorie loss. Keep it up.

Soontobemomma-Whats up lady!!! Glad to see that even pregnant you are still sticking to this. Great job!!!

Lanise825-High 5 to you for a 330 start time. So that means you are up either at 2:30 or 3. High 10 for that. Are you going to a gym or working out from home?

GorillaNJ-Thats nuts with the skunk. Get up early and get that run in.

Have a great day all

Charlie
  • smo_bun
    smo_bun Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 6 and go for a brisk walk with my dog for about 45 minutes. Not only is it good for helping me feeling more awake, my furry friend is less energetic during the day. Its something I have come to look forward to. Watching the sunrise makes me feel good about myself!
  • supplemama
    Options
    Hey capinoy! Thanks for the warm welcome. The supple in my user name is not for supplements, it pertains to the meaning of the word supple: soft, pliant, flexible. My aim is to have a lithe and supple body.
  • supplemama
    Options
    Hey early risers! I got up early today. Was up and walking by 5am! :smile:
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey capinoy! Thanks for the warm welcome. The supple in my user name is not for supplements, it pertains to the meaning of the word supple: soft, pliant, flexible. My aim is to have a lithe and supple body.

Lol Supplemama I thought that was what it meant at first but held back. Good for you for getting your workout in. Keep it up.

Morning everyone. Happy Thursday. I got BodyBeast bulk legs done this am. Felt good to push up more weight and I felt it after the workout here at work. I can tell you that a leg workout and walking stairs a few hours later do not mix. My legs were shaking while walking up the stairs here at work. Have a great day AM Risers!!!
  • soontobemomma
    Options
    Hey early risers! I got up early today. Was up and walking by 5am! :smile:

Me too!! Up and walking at 5 am. It was a beautiful morning!!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I had trouble this morning getting up. I went down to the basement, got my work-out clothes and was ready to go. My HRM was giving me some issues...I thought about waltzing myself back upstairs to lay on the couch. I was like, No Tara....just do this!! I did it and felt amazing afterwards. It was a great work-out!! I hope everyone is having a great day!! :)
  • cbeckl
    cbeckl Posts: 79
    Options
    3 am is my time! I run almost daily and hit 6 miles for my regular runs during the week and 10-14 miles for my long weekend runs! I hit a slump every once in awhile that I end up pushing my snooze button, but for the most part I'm up every morning.