Early Risers here??

Options

Replies

• sharris215
    sharris215 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel like such a bum. I set my alarm for 5:30 but usually don't start my run/bike/swim till 6ish.

^^^this! Now after seeing how many people do it, I may try pushing back about 30 minutes & get up at 5 instead.
  • amandamurdaugh
    amandamurdaugh Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 3:30 AM everyday, out the door running by 4:30. I run 5 days a week, lift 4 days a week.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    bump!! only last week I started heading to the gym in the morning for the first time!
    I am NOT a morning person! Seriously.. not until last week would I ever work out before midday or later.. haha!

interested to read what everyone else does, might inspire me more! I did like getting it out the way early, and its such a good way to start the day!!!!!!
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Ameliaanakin-Lol Welcome aboard. Hey you dont have to be a 4am rebel to be in this. Fitness is the name of the game here. Getting a 5k run is awesome. Keep it up.

Ninakale-I personally think it is a mental thing. If you setup a realistic goal that you want bad enough you will do it. Once you jump in and JUST DO IT! It just happens. It sounds kind of crazy but I look forward to gettting up at 4 even if I go to bed really late 11:30. My motto JUST BEAST!!!.. welcome aboard.

OldCrow125-Not in the same timezone, that's 1:30 am for me but I have worked out that late or early (depends on how you look at it) Lol. I'll still buddy request you. I am sure you will find someone on EST. Keep us posted.

Sandyinsc-Welcome aboard. Post anyway if you dont workout in the AM. I ultimately wanted this to be just an AM people but you know what this is open to whomever wants to post. If I or anyone here can motivate just one person today or in the future to workout that is a great accomplishment. Where are you from?? I have a friend in Thailand that runs a lot but humidity slows him down. He has since then switched to bike riding. Welcome aboard.

Bogo_baby-my gosh!! 20 hour workdays??? If you dont mind me asking what is it you do for a living? I applaud you for making it happen in the AM by joining us.

Coquette6-If by the end of summer you lose motivation you gotta tell me. I will not let you quit. I can be lenient sometimes but not all the time. You can do this.

Kburnach-Cool you get your body jump started in the am and hit it with another round at night. Love it.

Traceytwink-Consider it again. We are here for you. If you dont think about it and JUST BEAST, it happens. Thats how I feel anyway.

Shyeviolett-Nice job what kind of class is it by chance and how is that going? Do what it takes...

Microfiber-I like your avatar and your screen name. I prefer to get my workouts done before everyone gets up. It makes sense in my house hold right now. I use to workout in the pm but again LIFE got in the way and I hate pushing it off as well as if I have a bad day at work it carries over to my workouts. Not the workouts fault right lol???

Insanity2bSan-LOL lady you remind me of my wife with the kids going MOM MOM MOM. That is the exact same thing with my 2. But I cannot get my wife to workout in the am as she loves her sleep ins. Like your screen name. Are you doing Insanity?? Welcome aboard...

Cicisiam- Wow up and at it before 4am. Tell me your secret and please do not tell me go to bed early!!! LOL I really do wish I can jump out of bed before 4 without the reason being to shut off the snooze. Have a great one.

lydiatapia-Nice job girl. What is your cardio routine. Working out at night is great if it works for you. No complaints here. =)

fitnh-What do you do at the gym. Weights? cardio or both? Do you follow a plan?

Joanthemom8-There are somedays where I feel like the afternoon I am dragging my feet eventhough I worked out in the am. I do like the early evening power naps though lol.

Pearlofagirl2-It does get hard when you first start but I bet if you post here daily to keep yourself accountable I think you will do very well. You know what you have to do and dont feel lame for getting up at 5. Remember you are doing this for you which ultimately only you can decide to getup early. I am here for you, we are hear for you just post here...

AlethaMary-Welcome aboard. I am still contemplating starting a group but regardless post here. Everyone has valuable insight that they can all share here.

Sharris215-Giveit a shot. ARe you east coast or pst? I am sure someone will be up at 5 in any time zone.

niczac-You know what I am seeing more and more 3:30 rises. I may have to bite the bullet and do this as well. Love it...

Maree1234-Welcome aboard. Jump on in and get meet everyone. I do hope we do inspire you more to workout. You can do it.

Well everyone I promised to respond to everyone I hope I did a great job at doing it. Now did any of you workout today? I did. It was BodyBeast Build shoulders. I love the pump I get in the morning and It really is a great feeling to know that I do not have a workout waiting for me in the PM. Although not to say that I do not fall off every now and then.

How about all of you?
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm joining! I need to get back into my early morning exercise. It takes me a bit to get up, so I'm setting my alarm for 4:45 so I can start my walk by 5:15am.
  • Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Coquette6-If by the end of summer you lose motivation you gotta tell me. I will not let you quit. I can be lenient sometimes but not all the time. You can do this.

That's a deal! Worked out this morning before work! :)
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Back at it in the morning!!! 4am! I think I need to go to bed now!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I used to do 330am, now im doing 3AM, because I wasn't getting enought weight lifting in...after losing 60lbs of fat, I wanna get swoll. I wasn't making progress hittin chest once a week, so now it's 2x, with lots of cardio to get at the remamaing stubborn fat cells.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all impress me! I'm a night owl, but I've been getting up at 8 since I started working out. If I go it first thing in the morning, I can make the excuse that I ran out of time later in the day. I really want to start getting up at 7 now that I'm doing C25K because I'm in FL and the heat won't be so bad then. Those of you getting up at 3 and 4 are an inspiration to me. If you can do that, 7 should be easy.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I got my walk in this morning, but not as early as I'd planned! I hit the snooze at 445am but must have turned off the alarm because I did not wake up again until 6am! Got going on my walk a little after 615am. I did Leslie Sansone's 5 Mile Fat Burner Walk + Cooldown. Then I did 36 jumping jacks. I feel great!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Capinoy - My secret ? :smile: I want to eat for the day hahaha!:laugh: No that plus, I have a bad back problem and if I do not get up and move I will be miserable all day, also coming from a family of early risers I do believe it is just part of who I am. Getting that peaceful walk with the sunrise also really sets a good tone for my day. If only I could be as dedticated to strength training. I seem to enjoy cardio more. I am going for at least 3 days of strength training a week. I will be happy with myself when I can do that also for a whole month.
    Oh..and no..I cannot seem to get to sleep early or stay asleep, so it is long days for me till I am totally wiped out. Working on a insomnia issue as well gets me going early too to wipe myself out, and hopefully get some sleep.
  • emafairycake1986
    emafairycake1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Im a arise at 5.45am and a get to my gym and start by 6.30 (thats the time my gym opens :) then im ready for work for 9 ... LOVE working out early am i cant be bothered by the time it gets to 5oclock id rather just chill out after work tbh ..any friend requests welcome
  • Wag1one
    Wag1one Posts: 46
    Options
    Hey Charlie;

thats like my most fav name in the world

and yea I wake up early everyday to run - thats my second most fav thing in the world
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I try - but too frequently it ends up being alarm goes off at 4:45, I hit snooze a few times, and I end up getting up at 6 or 6:30!
    It works once in a while, though. Just need to kick that snooze button addiction
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Am up and at the Y around 6am most days.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Most days I get up at 3:00 (EST) and I'm in the gym at 4am (gotta have some coffee). The gym is empty and it gets the day rolling!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Done for the day :wink:
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Got my first workout (30 min treadmill) done at 4am, just did my 100 squats in my office...lunch is elliptical and after work DVD. Yes I work out 1.5 to 2 hours a day but I break it up in 30 minute increments.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:05am M-F, at the gym by 4:45-5am (depends which gym I go to, I have 2 memberships :embarassed: ). I sleep in on Saturday but am usually up by about 6am on Sundays. LOVE getting to the gym in the AM because it's not crowded so it's almost like having my own personal gym. Lift 5x/week, run 3x/week, cross train 1x/week.
  • soontobemomma
    Options
    Done Done Done! Feeling awesome!