Early Risers here??

Options

Replies

• kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    If I'm running I go at 4:40am. But I lift a few days a week and I do that at night.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm impressed how many of you get up and go I did it once and swore never again was I going to get up just to exercise, I love the snooze button way to much well done all of you ????
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I often go to 7 AM classes in the city, but that means I have to get on a 6AM train and be up by 5! I take classes next to my workplace.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm up between 04:30 and 5a.m. I get my workout done before my family awaken :smile:
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have been getting up at 4:45 to hike or run at 5:00 and on days when I do CLX only, I sleep in a little and wake up at 5:30. It's tough to get up especially when it's impossible to make it to bed before 10:00 but I talk myself into it. It's gotten easier and I have so much more energy when I work out in the a.m. If I try to sneak my workout in the P.M. it's just frustrating cause I have kids and homework, chores, dinner, plus I work out at home as well. It's really annoying when I try to do a workout video and kids are mom,mom,mom when there's another parent around, lol! So morning works the best and if I end up going on a bike ride or walk with the kids in the p.m. it's more for fun.
    For those of you that get up at 4:00 a.m. kudos to you! 45 min. makes a lot of difference for me sleep wise. Keep up the great work!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Early riser here. Up and at it before 4am. I like to get up and get it done and out of the way so I can focus on the rest of my day in a good mood. Today is a recovery day, but back at it tomorrow. Nice to see I am not the only early bird. :smile:
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I do my cardio at 4am during the week, weekends 7am :) Weights i save for evening!
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hey there...up at 4:20 and out the door to the gym by 4:40! No better time to workout!
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Yep, during the week I go to the gym between 4:30 and 5:00 a.m. It's the only time I get to myself and it puts me in a pretty good mood for the rest of theday (although by early evening I'm dragging).
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I often go to 7 AM classes in the city, but that means I have to get on a 6AM train and be up by 5! I take classes next to my workplace.

In a previous life I used to do that too. I LOVED it. So nice to walk out of the gym fresh and ready for the day. Then again my old gym had awesome shower and change facilities.
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off at 5 am m/w/f and I'm working out by 5:30/5:45, tu/th it goes off at 4:15 and I'm in the water at 5 am. Then just cause I'm working out again when I get home around 6pm.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    While I hate mornings, I chose a shift at work that had me start at 3:45am. This allowed me to come home, workout, nap, get supper ready and then head out to my martial arts class.
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am loving this you all!!! In just a matter of a few days we have grown.... Still contemplating making this a group vs thread. 2 people have chimed in so far so it is a 50/50. I just glanced today at the page as today is my off day. I'll be back in here to view the page and double check. I'll respond to each and everyone of you. Thank you for posting. All you weekend risers I am proud of you all for putting in the work on the weekend. Great job. Look for my response later on this evening or early morning (depending on what time zone you are in =)
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I feel like such a bum. I set my alarm for 5:30 but usually don't start my run/bike/swim till 6ish.
  • torymichaels
    Options
    Yeah, I do it. I've been in the habit of getting up at 4 anyway to write/get quiet mommy time in before the children get up (I have twin 2 y/os + a 7 y/o, only one of whom shows any inclination toward sleeping late). In the past few weeks as I moved into a more extensive work-out mode, with deliberate walks and everything, I decided to use part of that time to walk, and now walk between 40 & 60 minutes in the morning, usually covering between 2.5 & 3.2 miles per walk.

If I started working out (which I'd like to), like exercises rather than walking, I'd do it in the morning too simply because I'm very self-conscious and no one's up to stare at me while I do my WiiFit or whatever other thing I ended up choosing to use.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    6 AM, six days a week.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Early morning workouts are the best!! Hard to get out of bed, but it is so worth it when you feel the rush of endorphins after you are done. I love to run in the summer, early mornings. The weather hasn't been cooperative this spring, only got out twice so far early. There is something about the sun rising and the birds chirping that is just magical. :)
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 6, hit the gym at 6:30 (it doesn't open before that :grumble: )

I have never been a morning person.. NEVER EVER!!!!

But now, it's like I am used to it. Heck, I get up at 6 on weekends too!!
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I feel lame for getting up at 5 now. I like to get up and just get it done, taking those first few steps out of bed are the hardest some days.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Great work to all of you who are able to get up at 4 or earlier. I set my alarm for 5:30am with the aim of being out the door between 5:45 and 6am for a run with the dogs. Some days are easier than others, but once I am out there I feel so good. In the evening I do my weights and body resistance exercises, some days I do a long walk with a friend in the evening as well.

I would join a group if you are starting one to help motivate each other.