Early Risers here??

Options
capinoy
capinoy Posts: 118 Member
Hey all,

My name is Charlie and I wanted to see if any of you out here are early risers like myself that get there workout first thing in the morning. If so lets join up here and keep each other motivated. It does not matter what workout routine you are doing to be in here just as long as you are an early riser. I have been working out at 4am since last march. I am currently doing Bodybeast and loving it. Although, I am losing motivation and I need that fire back.

If you are an AM warrior chime in. I would love to meet ya. Anybody and everybody from what ever workout routine is accepted here. This will benefit all of us. See you in the AM...

Charlie

Replies

• dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I work out at 4:30 every morning.... It is always so tempting to push snooze ;)
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yep. 4:30am starts here. I don't mind too much in summer but in winter it's BRUTAL.

I run a few days a week and spend a little quality time with Jillian the other days.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    4:44 am is my magic time!
  • Sav_Sky
    Sav_Sky Posts: 82
    Options
    Wow, I wish! Really! I wish I was a morning person!
  • soontobemomma
    Options
    I get up at 5.00 but start my workout at 5.30. I walk and do yoga. Pregnant right now so will be doing some light workouts only but plan to up the intensity after the baby is here :) And I was never a morning person. I mean NEVER! I hated getting up but I have figured out that the only way to really accomplish what I have in mind is to get up early and just do it! Otherwise it will never get done.
    Hope that I continue the same way after the pregnancy as well!
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    dab52776-sometime snooze is necessary... Especially when it is cold and the bed is so warm an cozy. I hear ya be we do what we have to do right?

Xiaolongbao-4:30 is my start on some days as the routines are short on some. So are you pretty much a runner and how far do you run?

Waterwing-my magic time is 4:00 and it truly is my magic time as I get to perform "Magic" in my workout room uninterrupted. I use to be an afternoon person but then "LIFE" got in the way so like you Magic time has changed. Welcome aboard.

Sav_Sky-If you are thinking about it give it a shot. Trust me, I was able to do it and I use to be a sleep in till 10 am kind of person. Although if the time for you works keep at it. Feel free to post here. This is for everyone.

Soontobemomma-that is awesome that you are up early and working out. Pregnant on top of it!!! Everyone... lets give soontobemomma an applause. I agree with you in that the workout needs to be handled first. I'll tell you this if you "COMMIT" here and post I'll be here to make sure you continue after your pregnancy. Im sure others feel the same way.

Well gals, I am glad you are all here I just want to say "Welcome". I hope that all of you that have commented so far will continue to comment here at your convenience. I'll do what I can to keep you all and new comers motivated in anyway I can.

My workout for today was BodyBeast Bulk Chest. It felt great as I got to increase my weight. I am also down a 1.5 lbs from 2 days ago. I had a great pump from the workout that I thought what the heck and weigh in. Something is working right. Hope you all have a great day.

Charlie
  • jjones62301
    jjones62301 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've recently just started running first thing in the morning and I love it...never in a million years thought I would be the type of person who would wake up early and decide to go for a run! Quick Tip: Sleep in your workout clothes and put your shoes at the end of your bed, the less you have to do to 'get ready', the easier it will be to just put on your shoes and go!!! :)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Every morning at 4:15-4:30 am :)

Nice to see all you other sun risers!
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    up at 4 am on the treadmill
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    At least 3 days a week I am up at 4 to get my workout in before work. Then on weekends I let myself sleep in until about 6 and then either go trail running or hit the gym when it opens at 7. Wish I belonged to a 24/7 gym but the only one near me it twice as far and twice as expensive as the place I go now.
  • soontobemomma
    Options
    AWWWW Thanks Charlie! But I really think I deserve a round because my legs hurt so bad that even getting up is difficult sometimes let alone doing a workout! hahaha! No but seriously I am glad that I have found this thread because I know I'll need loads of motivation after the baby. I'm in!:drinker:
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    AWWWW Thanks Charlie! But I really think I deserve a round because my legs hurt so bad that even getting up is difficult sometimes let alone doing a workout! hahaha! No but seriously I am glad that I have found this thread because I know I'll need loads of motivation after the baby. I'm in!:drinker:
    Congrats on the soon-to-be little one! It's likely that your definition of early will change once the baby comes. I thought I was an early riser before, waking up at 6! Now, sleeping in until 6 is an absolute luxury :)

Charlie.... Congrats on the loss!!

Hello to everyone else!

Dawn
  • oOTeresaOo
    oOTeresaOo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4:55AM! What time does everyone go to bed the night before? If I stay up past 10PM I won't be able to get up the next AM...
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    5 am calisthenics crew checking in. good luck
  • Xiaolongbao
    Options
    Xiaolongbao-4:30 is my start on some days as the routines are short on some. So are you pretty much a runner and how far do you run?
    Charlie

4:30am is only on the run days. Today was a 5am start to spend a little time with Jillian. I think it's most accurate to say I'm trying to be a runner. I only took it up last summer. Currently I'm trying to run 10 or 11k twice a week and then 15k on the weekend. I'm signed up for a 14k race in mid-June so I'm training for that.

It's actually pretty cool. For waterwing's birthday in December we did a run. I did 5k and was adamant I never wanted to go any further than that. Then somehow I found myself signed up for a couple of 10k races so of course I had to up the training and then I wanted to do this 14k run back in Australia so of course I had to start longer training runs to get ready for that.

So slowly it seems I am actually becoming a runner.

(If I had to describe myself as "A __________" it would actually be "A Swimmer" I swim a lot more than I run it's just that swimming isn't something I can do in the mornings (although I would if I could) since the pool here is only open from 6pm - 9pm)

Have a great Friday all. It's a beautiful day here.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Options
    I'm up at 4:55AM! What time does everyone go to bed the night before? If I stay up past 10PM I won't be able to get up the next AM...

I like to be asleep before 10pm.

By the way have you considered making this a group instead of just a thread?
  • Shannon16385
    Options
    Up at 5 am and in the weight room at my work by 6 am.
  • infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Up at 5 am and in the weight room at my work by 6 am.

This is exactly what I do...the best part about having the weight room right there at work is that I don't have to rush anything. If I'm a bit late getting into work, no big deal because I'm just around the corner and someone can come grab me if they need me.
  • soontobemomma
    Options
    Prenatal yoga - check! I really struggled to get up early today though.
    Dab - Yes and so I have heard. I think I might be a little crazy to even imagine that I'll be working out in the am after a long sleepless night :laugh: But we'll see!
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    For the last year, 5 days a week up at 3:30 at the gym at 4:30. I start work at 6am. I have a gym at work that makes this easier. It's a part of my routine now so I don't even give it a second thought. Although if I stop moving in the evenings I will fall asleep.