Why do British people drink so early in the day?

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Whoever made the comment about bad teeth it'sjust because we don't want bleeched teeth like ross from friends that looks stupid and generally we are less fake than you all. Also why are Americans so fat and ignorant and think they are the best country in the world, and the only country that has freedom? Most Americans dont even have a passport, they are so self absorbed.
    Why do dumb people watch friends?
    Why is british food so bland?
    Why does Massachusetts wish to reconnect with the mothership?
    I can do spiteful prejudice too. Now can I get some hate on Puerto Ricans, because I am that also. Actually, I know what is the worst thing you can call a Puerto Rican... American. UGH!
    Heh, I bet you I can get a fight going faster than you with someone from PR. Ask them where in Cuba that is...
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Nice stereotype, I take offence.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    Friends is widely watched, which includes dumb people.
    British food is bland because we don't see food as ultimately that important. Which is why America is fatter, because you eat rainbow coloured cereal for breakfast, and bacon in syrup.
    I don't know anything about Massechussets, just like you wouldnt know about Sunderland. I
    Why does American think it the centre of the universe?

I don't actually beleive all these negative stereotypes but they do annoy me so much when people are anti british that it provokes me to say it. Slagging off someones country is so RUDE. I want to show you what its like.

Americans can't handle their drink, nor the rough and tumble of British bar culture. We laugh at how you expect a waitress to bring you your drink in a BAR, Babies
  • dbmata
    Options
    I lol'ed at rough and tumble attributed to anything british.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    In London, most of us live in the greater london suburbs and therefore it wouldn't make sense to commute all the way home and come back out to drink. My commute takes me 1 and a half hours one way.

Also a drink after work is very socially acceptable, and sometimes it will only be 'just for one' drink anyway so you would not go home.

As a a young English adult, I would say that social drinking takes up 90% of my social calenday. I also get the impression that if someone likes to drink in America, they are seen as an alcoholic with a problem. Where as in the UK it is ok to go out a few times in the week after work for a swift round before hometime, and then go out on an all night bender at the weekend. It's a different social culture and we have different attitudes towards drinking but I feel that your attitude is coming from a 'socially superior' highground.

It is also socially acceptable to drink early as in after midday, I think, at a music festival, your birthday and christmas or at a barbeque if it starts early. 5pm is the official drinking hour over here. Ever heard of the song 5 o clock somewhere? Yeah - 5pm is not early.
  • joselo2
    Options
    worst thing you can call a Puerto Rican... American. UGH!
    Heh, I bet you I can get a fight going faster than you with someone from PR. Ask them where in Cuba that is...

Lotsa people think it's a country in South America or a state in America. Which it definitely isn;t
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Whoever made the comment about bad teeth it'sjust because we don't want bleeched teeth like ross from friends that looks stupid and generally we are less fake than you all. Also why are Americans so fat and ignorant and think they are the best country in the world, and the only country that has freedom? Most Americans dont even have a passport, they are so self absorbed.

I can do spiteful prejudice too. Now can I get some hate on Puerto Ricans, because I am that also. Actually, I know what is the worst thing you can call a Puerto Rican... American. UGH!
    Most Americans don't have a passport because they don't need to. They can travel HOURS, or days and still be in the U.S.
    But go for it with the silly one downmanship.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    because they can.....
  • deadbeatsummer
    Options
    British food is bland because we don't see food as ultimately that important. Which is why America is fatter, because you eat rainbow coloured cereal for breakfast, and bacon in syrup.

HAHA :drinker:
  • joselo2
    Options

You obviously learnt everything you know about Britain from Hugh Grant. And Family Guy. We would beat you all in a fight, you all soft... just so chirpy and nicey nicey omg.
  • deadbeatsummer
    Options
    Most Americans don't have a passport because they don't need to. They can travel HOURS, or days and still be in the U.S.

'because they don't need to' - you realise you are flaunting your American big headedness.. Do you really think that just because you are from the United States that there is nothing worth seeing outside. Thank GOD for the UK.
  • joselo2
    Options

Don't need it? Because Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, anywheere else in the world isn't worth seeing? You can travel far but it's not really travel if younot expanding your horizons.
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Aaaaw!! I have only just clocked this is a troll/joke thread!! You got me too, I was even a little mad! I probably would have realised sooner if I wasn't so bloody drunk!
  • dbmata
    Options

You obviously learnt everything you know about Britain from Hugh Grant. And Family Guy. We would beat you all in a fight, you all soft... just so chirpy and nicey nicey omg.

We should go to a Tim McGraw concert, and then a bar. Then we can go to a pub on a night I dunno... what's a good chav team, Man U gets beat by some out of towners. You wear an Obama shirt, and I'll wear an opposing club shirt. We'll clear this up quickly! :D
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

'because they don't need to' - you realise you are flaunting your American big headedness.. Do you really think that just because you are from the United States that there is nothing worth seeing outside. Thank GOD for the UK.
    I have a passport. As you may note (if you read the thread) I posted about my EUROPEAN travels a few posts ago. You know what happens when you assume, as the saying goes.

Many people don't have the luxury of a $1400 (USD) plane trip to go to Europe. So yes. Many people don't "need" to have a passport. In the US you could (until very recently) drive into and out of Canada and Mexico (yes, those are countries too) without a passport. Many people don't need a passport here. They can go their whole lives without needing one.
    WOuld they want to travel overseas? I suspect many would. If they could afford that luxury.

But please, feel free to insult me some more.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Friends is widely watched, which includes dumb people.
    I don't know anything about Massechussets, just like you wouldnt know about Sunderland. I
    Why does American think it the centre of the universe?

I don't actually beleive all these negative stereotypes but they do annoy me so much when people are anti british that it provokes me to say it. Slagging off someones country is so RUDE. I want to show you what its like.

Americans can't handle their drink, nor the rough and tumble of British bar culture. We laugh at how you expect a waitress to bring you your drink in a BAR, Babies

I salute you! ;)
  • dbmata
    Options

Don't need it? Because Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, anywheere else in the world isn't worth seeing? You can travel far but it's not really travel if younot expanding your horizons.

Pfffft. Good ol' US ingenuity... we already remade those in Florida, and the people from those countries were nice enough to come here and add local flavor.
  • joselo2
    Options

We should go to a Tim McGraw concert, and then a bar. Then we can go to a pub on a night I dunno... what's a good chav team, Man U gets beat by some out of towners. You wear an Obama shirt, and I'll wear an opposing club shirt. We'll clear this up quickly! :D

I have literally no idea what you are talking about. But chav is our word, actually came from charver which is from my area, and it is no bad thing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

I have traveled. I'd like to see Africa next. Did you enjoy your travels there?
  • deadbeatsummer
    Options
    Because it sucks over there and it's their only way to cope.

Wow 'SoDamnHungry', maybe if you ate something you wouldn't be such a judgemental *kitten*.
This discussion has been closed.