Please!!! I'm getting so fed up

Options
13»

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    right. carry on then as you are the expert.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Where its been summer I've been eating more salad based food. Normally winter time etc I pack in loads of carrots, broccoli, green beans etc.

I have been told to aim for 40/30/30? (Pro/carbs/fat)

Broccoli/ asparagus/ other green leafy's should be on your daily diet.
    The fiber content is very important for weight loss.

You can try that....seems like a decent even balance.

On workout days, I might would up carbs to ~40% and drop fats to 20%
    And non-workout days, drop carbs and up fats (good fats) a bit.....
    Keep protein high daily.

But again, you may need to drop daily caloric intake......
    thanks for sharing this info:smile:

Never said I was an expert.
    I am giving advice that I know has worked for me.
    and I appreciate what you've been sharing, it's helping me and likely the OP & others...
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    right. carry on then as you are the expert.

Never said I was an expert.
    I am giving advice that I know has worked for me.
  • timothydriver
    timothydriver Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You got support from me feel free to add me! Just a suggestion I know for me personally I have a major sweet tooth as well so to counter that I do my best to only eat dessert once a week. So when I crave sweets I go for sweet tea or fruits in general and that off sets it for me. I know how you feel though it’s never easy getting back to where you used to be. Don’t get discouraged some things may never be the same because our bodies are always changing as we get older and different phases in our lives. I know from experience it’s very hard to control what you eat because I enjoy eating food as well. It’s the change in lifestyle that’s going to do it for you. What I have done since I've been deployed is started tracking my calorie intake on here and ensuring I am running/working out in the gym. Plus chow hall/dining facility here gets old after your first month. So keep your head up and keep at it!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    and I appreciate what you've been sharing, it's helping me and likely the OP & others...

Thanks. :smile:
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    the first law of thermodynamics upon which all of our knowledge of the unverse is based, is that energy can neither be made nor destroyed. It can only be converted.

What I'm wondering is if you are pregnant. :p

I say that because there's a thickening in the lower belly that happens immediately. You gain fluids and they stay there. Your uterus gains a blood lining, etc etc. Which could be masking a weight loss.

That or you're premenstrual? Does your weight fluctuate during your cycle?

I would definitely go check out pregnancy. I remember my first pregnancy everyone told me I was pregnant and I was like 'no, no, i'm on the pill' and whaddayaknow! i'd been on a holiday in Australia and eaten only fruit. 20 yrs ago people didn't warn you about vitamin c and its effect on the pill :D And I was so delighted to be pregnant so it was all fine - but just saying that the impossible can happen.

Heh heh.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    My periods have been fine. The problem I think is that the increase in weight has been over time. My tummy looks pretty flat in the morning. My weight is pretty stable during my cycle but I just get bloating.

I eat vitamin c everyday as I consume fruit etc daily. I've been on my pill for 15 years.
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    personally i would ditch the 'cheat days' for a while. maybe have a ''cheat meal' at the weekend instead but make sure your weekly calorie target is hit, obviously including the calories from alcohol. i find it difficult to estimate calories when i eat out.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I generally don't do cheat days, its normally a carb heavier meal or dinner and drinks out.