Rid of belly fat!

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    A 'belly-fat blaster' is a phrase that, when posted on an internet forum, will entice young, bored, half-dressed men to round up on a young girl in a confrontational manner.

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:

You win the internet!
  • geminijo04
    Options
    It's all food... ALL FOOD... you are what you eat and in this case it goes directly to MY BELLY! SOB.

so I did it by cutting out sugar basically and any 'white' flour and processed foods.

I eat it VERY rarely. Mind you, I'm doing a 45 day/night no alcohol/junk/sugar right now and I'm on day 21.

I did no sugar for lent last year and dropped 8lbs like nothing. My stomach is the LAST place I'm losing any fat.

Might try this... thanks!!
  • geminijo04
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!!
  • geminijo04
    Options
    Eat less, do more. You can't spot reduce so if you want belly fat gone then you need to lose in general. Most often belly fat is the last place that you lose so work on losing all over body fat to see it gone. You can do all the ab exercises you want but you can't see muscles buried under fat.

Thank you!!! :smile:
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've heard that HIIT training targets fat loss and therefore belly fat loss :)
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    A 'belly-fat blaster' is a phrase that, when posted on an internet forum, will entice young, bored, half-dressed men to round up on a young girl in a confrontational manner.

Oh is that what you call it??? Thought it was a infomercial with half baked claims? So I thought it was a polite way to say PROVE IT!
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to add, other than my belly is the last to go as well! Just keep doing what works for you to lose weight and you will lose belly fat!
  • MackLuster77
    MackLuster77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

This does not help. This is not the kind of help I was asking for. And I don't see any young, bored, half-dressed men rounding me up in a confrontational manner. So thank you for the "not advice".

In fairness to the perpetual victim you're replying to, she wasn't referring to you as the young lady. That would be the one who said blueberries are a "belly fat blaster." Still doesn't excuse her behavior, but I just wanted to sort it out.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I've heard that HIIT training targets fat loss and therefore belly fat loss :)

HIIT training is more effective for burning fat than steady state cardio is, because your body adapts and adjusts quickly to the steady state.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

This does not help. This is not the kind of help I was asking for. And I don't see any young, bored, half-dressed men rounding me up in a confrontational manner. So thank you for the "not advice".

It's refreshing to see someone who wants real advice, OP.

As others have said, you cannot spot reduce, and it is a matter of eating at a calorie deficit to lose the fat. It is very helpful to weigh and measure your food and to log it so you know exactly what you are eating. If you want to make sure that you are "firm" and healthy at the end of it though, (1) get on a strength training program, and (2) watch what you eat in terms of getting sufficient macronutrients and fiber. Cardio is not strictly necessary but many of us find the benefit of being able to eat extra calories quite helpful, not to mention the long-term cardiovascular health benefits.

Finally, I'd say be very patient. Belly fat is often the last to go for many of us and it is easy to get frustrated, but if you are truly eating at a deficit and following the basic guidance above, it will come off. Just keep at it. Good luck!

+1

+2
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Have you heard the saying "Abs are made in the kitchen"? It's so true! You could do all the ab exercises you want, but without getting rid of the layer of fat on top of the muscle, you won't see results.

Just be conscious of what you eat. Blueberries are one of the top belly fat blasters, I eat 2-3 cartons a week :)

You said it! The best way to get abs to show up is through what you put in your mouth- it needs to be "clean". Than means no preservatives, no sugar, no refined carbs, LOTS of water, no alcohol. Add your own cardio to help shed the fat covering them and you'll have abs! Is it possible to get visible abs without eating clean? Yep, but it will take WAY longer and WAY more cardio. I try to aim for eating clean 80/20. Thats 80 percent of what i put in my body is straight from nature with no extras and then 20 percent is the rest. Good luck! It's hard but it's so worth it!

It does not need to be 'clean', you do not need to avoid preservatives, sugar or refined carbs. Yes, limiting them will help sticking to a caloric deficit while eating a nutrient dense diet, and I am very much in agreement that 80/20 diet is a good one, but many people have preservatives, sugar and refined carbs in their diet and have abs.

I've found large amounts of carbs make me bloat like none other. It's not really a "fat" issue, but still contributes to tummy flatness.

Not really applicable across the board, but I thought it was worth mentioning since I'm bored.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Wait, what?

How was it confrontational that they gave the OP good advice? Do you try to start fights in every thread?

OP - the first reply was the correct one.

Oooohhh, what did I miss??!? Someone fill me in :-)
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options

In fairness to the perpetual victim you're replying to, she wasn't referring to you as the young lady. That would be the one who said blueberries are a "belly fat blaster." Still doesn't excuse her behavior, but I just wanted to sort it out.

^^That's what I thought, as well.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Oh is that what you call it??? Thought it was a infomercial with half baked claims? So I thought it was a polite way to say PROVE IT!

Instead of simply correcting the poster's misconception that blueberries are 'belly fat busters', we get the usual round of posts masquerading as requests for more information that, in reality, ARE confrontational to the original poster. Because the answer to said 'questions' is already known.

Give information. Don't bait.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I've had my best success at losing my fat by eating at a low to moderate calorie deficit And who knew - I always thought my tummy fat would be the last to go, but it's going quicker than the butt and thighs. :tongue:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Eat less, do more. You can't spot reduce so if you want belly fat gone then you need to lose in general. Most often belly fat is the last place that you lose so work on losing all over body fat to see it gone. You can do all the ab exercises you want but you can't see muscles buried under fat.

You aren't going to get a better reply than this.

Co-signed.

And "do more" would ideally include some full body strength/resistance training.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

Instead of simply correcting the poster's misconception that blueberries are 'belly fat busters', we get the usual round of posts masquerading as requests for more information that, in reality, ARE confrontational to the original poster. Because the answer to said 'questions' is already known.

Give information. Don't bait.

Hi, my name is Matt. I say this just to introduce myself so I don't come off as some nameless faceless torso. (Because I guess with the name, I become just a faceless torso.)

In any event, please consider re-reading through this thread. The only baiting that is going on is from you and the hildy person. People are having a dialogue about fitness, methods to obtain results, and they are eviscerating marketing nonsense.

Because a "belly fat blaster" is marketing nonsense. All too often, we're confused by the fitness/weight loss industry throwing out new gimmicks and inventing terms in order to keep us purchasing.

When someone lambasts a concept like Belly Fat Blaster, they are not having a run at the person who used the term. They're having a run at the term.

You can see that the original poster was not in any manner offended, has chosen which advice is most helpful, and has been gracious.

You and your friend are the ones trying to pick fights and stir up trouble.

Again, I've introduced myself and am happy to have a dialogue with you if you feel that my assessment above is inaccurate.

Yours,
    Matt the Torso
  • geminijo04
    Options

Thanks for sorting that out! I understand it now :)
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options

Damn! No young, bored, half-dressed men! I'm outta here! Lol :laugh: :tongue:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Will there be video?

I expect so. And if you hang around long enough there'll be rape jokes, too!

Personally, I do not find this even a little bit funny...

...and from my years on MFP, I do not believe it is accurate either.

And if it were ever to happen, I am confident that it would be met with swift and certain opposition (and likely most vociferously by the very people you appear to be targeting in your attempts at drama in this very thread).