I hate jeans!

Options

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Jeans never fit my hourglass figure. Plus, it's impossible to find non-stretch, basic denim jeans. Stretch jeans always give you saggy knees and make you look like you've got a load in the back ;)

I've been on the lookout for regular, non stretch, cotton jeans and can never find them. Lucky Brand still makes one style in non-stretch, but that's it!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Even a shortie like me can find a decent pair of jeans...I love them ;)
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't hate them, but I'm not a huge fan either. Every pair of jeans is a compromise. If you want the thighs to fit, the waist is too big. If you want the waist to fit, the butt is too tight. If you want the butt to fit, the legs are too lose/not available in a color I like/ugly, etc.. A cute cut in the right color are stiff/heavy/flimsy/uncomfortable. I have never found a pair of jeans that fits all criteria at once, there's always at least one thing wrong with them. I also hate how 99% of jeans are 2 sizes too small after being washed (line dried), but within 3 hours of putting them on you have major butt-sag and need a belt.

The only ones I think are cute and comfy that I don't have to pull up, readjust, or pick out a wedgie every time I move are Old Navy Rockstar - which are so stretchy, they would technically be jeggings if they didn't have a button-zip and pockets. So they aren't even "real" jeans. And I don't always want to wear a skinny cut. There's just no winning with jeans.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    When it dips to a chilly 70F or below and I need to dress casually I like jeans, otherwise I'm in shorts, workout gear, or *shudder* a suit and tie. If you don't like jeans please, by all means, do not wear jeans.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Jeans never fit my hourglass figure. Plus, it's impossible to find non-stretch, basic denim jeans. Stretch jeans always give you saggy knees and make you look like you've got a load in the back ;)
    Mid-rise. Always mid-rise. They sit on your hips, but aren't so low you're showing your crack.
  • snejkaxo
    snejkaxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I used to hate them, when I was heavier. Now that I´m almost at my ideal weight, I wear them all the time. Jeans tuck everything in, so you get amazing looking *kitten*, even if it is still requires work. Jeans also don´t show any minor bumps and imperfections, like other thinner fabric pants. Also, jeans do not let you overeat. Trust me on this one! I used to wear stretchy pants around the house, and you can eat way more in those, than in jeans. So just keep looking. You will find a pair that works for you. Look for dark color, with lycra, and straight cut. Mark and Spenser has amazing jeans for not so skinny gals. When I was size 8, I looked really good in this brand. Now at size 0, I can wear any brand and they look awesome. My favorite is H&M and aeropostale jeans leggings.
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I hated jeans too but now I've lost 35 lbs and am loving the jeans and my husband (and guys at work) are loving them too.
    I am 43, 5'6", 185 lbs and size 14 (17 in juniors) and my *kitten* looks great in them ;)
    My SIL has lost a lot of weight and gave me some that no longer fit. She is younger than I and the jeans are low waisted and I can wear a smaller size in those than the ones that come up to my waist. I'm just gonna have to change my panty choice as they come up higher than my jeans - LOL.
    Good luck if you decide to continue searching for a great pair of jeans.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    For those of you who complain about the waist/hip ratio or about the legs being too long, find a tailor.

Seriously.

Buy the size that fits the largest part of you and is otherwise flattering and get them taken in and/or hemmed.

If I had to find bottoms that fit me off the rack, I wouldn't own any other than skirts.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't mind jeans, but my weight has fluctuated so much the last couple years that I just find the one I have to be too big or too small (actually right now they mostly all fit). And jean shopping is just too frustrating.

I bought a pair of the Athleta brand Bettona Boyfriend Pants a couple years ago. They have become a staple. They hold up well. I've used them for hiking and worn them to work (of course I work with high school athletics). I now have three pairs. They also just came out with a "jean" style that I purchased (had to return because they were too long...which is saying a lot for being 5'10"). But they come in different lengths and sizes. I also have a couple pairs of their Bettona Jeggings, and love them too.
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!
    9IzsWyr.png
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    I'm an hourglass as well so finding jeans can be a pain, cause if I get them to fit my waist they don't come up over my *kitten*, and if I get them to fit my hips, the waist is so big I look like a stereotypical weight loss commercial.
    Go for low or mid-rise. I hate low-rise (hate!) but it removes the saggy waist issue. I prefer mid-rise cause my abs aren't Jessica Alba's.
    Awesome brand for me are London jeans. Fit perfectly. They're skinny jeans though.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I have been jean free for over 2 years now. Sometimes it is hard for me to find things to wear. I have athletic/comfy clothes and I have work clothes but then I don't know what to wear out with friends or to a concert?

I have jeans, but I usually wear dresses and skirts. They're perfect for going out.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I :heart: jeans!!! I think I look my best in a nice fitting pair of jeans. The only problem I have is, the waist is always a little loose when they fit my hips and booty perfect but that's what belts are for :) I like the sweeheart cut at Old Navy. Before i gained all kinds of weight Levis had a curvy fit that was perfect.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, there's nothing more comfortable than a good fitting pair of jeans. But the only thing that's worse than an ill-fitting pair of jeans is trying to FIND that good fitting pair of jeans. :wink:

The first step is to ignore the size tag and leave your ego at home. Take in the size you think you'll wear and a size or two above and below that size. I'm normally a 4 or 6, but I'll happily buy a size 8 or 10 if it fits better.

Or if you just plain don't like jeans, don't wear them. Wear slacks, capris, dresses, skirts, whatever. The only time I ever saw my mother wear jeans was in photos from when she was a teenager in the early 1950s. She didn't like them and didn't wear them. You don't have to, either.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I hate shopping for jeans, as I always have the issue of the butt and legs being way to big on me. I FINALLY found a pair at JCP last week and when I put them on I swear, light was shining down on me in the fitting room and I know there were angels singing. But really, there was a large woman singing gospel in the fitting room next to me.

tumblr_inline_mf7xwcqUjD1ry4qim.gif

I was ticked because everything was on sale, except those jeans. I am on a tight budget, have no fitting jeans and just couldn't spend $52 on a pair when I really needed to get some work clothes. I just had to ask and they WERE on clearance, just not marked.

So yes, I love my new jeans!
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wow....I have never heard such hatred towards a clothing item.

I LOVE my jeans. I have about 20 pair!! Love love love jeans. I can dress them up or down. I can wear them to work, a concert, dinner or just hanging with friends.

My fave brand is Lucky. They fit my curves the best.

Oh... as for what to wear if you don't want jeans - Id say skirts. But then again, I'm not the best person to answer as I love jeans.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    i dont wear jeans, dont own any.

wear thick leggings, stylish sweat pants, skirts, dresses, :happy:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I hate jeans too. Not because I find them uncomfortable or because of the way they look, just because I have a large stomach but a slim bum and thighs, and I'm tall. Finding a pair of jeans to fit me is a nightmare.

Having said that, M&S have started doing some for different body shapes rather than the generic 'everyone is the same size all over' jeans, and they aren't unreasonable either, about £20. Probably the only pair I've ever tried that I've really liked.

If you really want to stay away from the jeans however, there are plenty of other options. Dresses, skirts, cargo trousers. Or if you want the jean look without the jeans, what about 'jeggings'? I love leggings, I live and die in them. Cool in the summer, and in the winter I just slip on a pair of boots over the top of them.
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I dislike jeans.

They lose stretch during the day and I'm always pulling them up.

Yoga pants are my go to... Victoria secret has a great range. Very comfortable and flattering day to day
  • amt49
    Options
    I love jeans and I am not quite 5'4" and weight 170. I have heavier legs and I usually buy trouser or wide leg jeans with a shorter rise because I am short waisted. Don't give up, you will find something eventually. My 2 favorite stores for jeans are Macy's (Style & Co) and Kohls.

Good Luck,
    amt49
This discussion has been closed.