I hate jeans!

Options
1235»

Replies

• DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love jeans but it's really hard to find the right fit. My country is #1 on the list of the tallest people in the world and I'm only 5'0", so finding one for my length is challenging! Yes you can get them tailored but good jeans are expensive here and that only adds more to the price. And then they usually gap in the back and are too tight in the front..

It really pays off to invest time into trying several pairs instead of just grabbing the one that zips up, the right fit is so much more flattering.
  • karenh3585
    karenh3585 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've ever heard of anyone who hates jeans so much. I think they're awesome. Why do you hate them so much? They're just pants!

Paige brand jeans are my favorite. They make your *kitten* look amazing.

2nd the Paige jeans! What's important is to get a jean that has some stretch to it. I was about your size (height/weight) when I started MFP in mid July and have a pair of Paige bootcut dark wash jeans (size 31) that fit like a dream, are very slimming, and are super comfy. Even though they have some stretch, they still hold you in. I think Paige are a little more generous in the thighs because I can wear even their skinny jeans and not feel like they're cutting off the circulation to my lower extremities!

Hudsons also fit well and have some stretch.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I HATE jeans! I do not wear jeans!

I think they are the worst piece of clothing ever created! I am a history teacher so I know for a fact jeans were invented as tough durable pants for workers/farmers. But somehow over the last 100+ years, they have become an American clothing staple.

I have been jean free for over 2 years now. Sometimes it is hard for me to find things to wear. I have athletic/comfy clothes and I have work clothes but then I don't know what to wear out with friends or to a concert?

I thought I would put this out there and see what others' thoughts are on jeans. I know people heavier than I wear jeans and say they love them! I don't know how this is possible! I have tried many styles and sizes (not skinny jeans) but I hate them all. I have even tried PAJAMA JEANS! They didn’t work either.
    What jeans do you wear?
    What are other options for me as a jean hater?

Here are my stats:
    35 years old
    5’5”
    165 lbs
    Size 14 in women’s clothing

I would try the newish "boyfriend" cuts. They are more of a loose fitting jean but still shaped for the ladies. But if you don't like jeans, you don't need to. My husband has huge (and sexy might I ad, sorry coming back) thighs and if he even thinks of working them out they grow A LOT. He has NEVER been a jean fan and can't fit into most due to those legs... maybe you're just not a jean person.

Maybe try leggings that have the jean look- if the look of jeans is what you are looking for. :D

~Glynis
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a pair of jeans after not wearing them for 5 years and feel the same way about them lol...I felt pretty good about myself and felt I came a long way before I tried the dreaded pair of jeans on....Now I feel I need to do so much more work just to feel comfortable wearing them..MEH
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I hate jeans, too!!! They never, ever fit right...they could be snug in the waist at the front and sides, then have a huge gap at the small of my back! I know I could resort to elastic waistband jeans, but c'mon...really??

I really hate that. I just find jeans incredibly uncomfortable. I'm with you on this one, Sister!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You sound like you detest jeans as much as I detest scrubs! LOL

I also think ordinary flip flops are one of the ugliest types of footwear and don't get why people wear them when there are a zillion adorable inexpensive non-flip flop sandals around.

But anyway - regarding jeans. I wear them, but not as often as many people I know. I'm allowed to wear jeans to work every day in my job in the office of a manufacturing plant, but I only end up wearing jeans a couple of times per week and other days I wear nicer pants or skirts/dresses.

I think trying on as many different styles and brands as possible is the key to finding the right jean. I currently own three pairs of Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" in size 18 and they're starting to get baggy but the same brand "Giselle" style is still practically skintight in an 18. Lane Bryant, Old Navy, Levi's and Target jeans are horrible on me. They were at size 22 and they are even worse now at size 18. When I was bigger, I liked CJ Banks and Lee even though I consider myself FAR more trendy/youthful than those brands...when jeans come into play, I'll wear whatever fits well and flatters my body!!!! More recently I've had good luck at Macy's (their store lines) and Coldwater Creek. You just never know.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I LOVE jeans!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I'm very picky about jeans. Once you find the perfect pair, you will love them. You will wear them into the ground. Most jeans are made to fit people with no *kitten* or pole legs (at least that's my experience). Never buy them without trying them on and try on all kinds of sizes. In other words, don't get mad if you have to buy a 6 instead of a 2. It's all good as long as it looks good.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    i dont hate jeans. but they do not fit my body well. i have a big stomach and no *kitten*. it just doesnt work well. i probably havent worn jeans in over 7 years. luckily i can wear shorts to my awesome job. but that is the thing i look most forward to, is wearing JEANS. i cant wait!!!

I have the same body build and the same hope - to fit into jeans! I'm used to knit pants; they're so comfortable but so unfashionable.

You could wear "business casual" when you go out. There are nice slacks out there. Pair these with a blazer or jacket and you'll be fine.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have a deep resentment towards jeans. I should love them but I don't. My quads and glutes are rather large and my waist is smaller and I have not found a brand that has fit me correctly yet. This really saddens me as I LOVE how jeans look on just about everyone else.

BUT there is a brand that is in development now that is supposed to be for more muscular women and I am thrilled. I really hope they make it to full blown production because they look phenomenal and I want to get my hands on a pair.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Oh, dear. I LOVE jeans! One of my motivators for losing weight is getting into jeans again (and looking healthy and fit while wearing them). I have a photo of a pair of Levi's posted on the fridge and my PC. They are old and dear friends that I've not spent any time with in the last decade because I look ridiculous in them right now. They are "comfort" clothes when well worn in. Love, love, LOVE them. I hate the elastic waist in all of my existing pants/slacks and can't wait to get rid of them. Spent this morning going through closets and separating things into "save", throw out, and donate. Needless to say, all my old jeans are in the "save" pile and I don't give a rat's butt how old they are. They are friends!
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am a history teacher so I know for a fact jeans were invented as tough durable pants for workers/farmers. But somehow over the last 100+ years, they have become an American clothing staple.

TBH, I'm a little unsure how this is relevant?

They were CREATED to be working pants for laborers, farmers, and miners! They were made of durable material and held together with metal rivets to be stronger than other pants sewn together. My historical point is that jeans were never created to be worn as fashion as we do now.

And? Jeans have evolved with the times and are considered fashion apparel now. A century ago, most women in the U.S. didn't wear pants of any sort (historically speaking) but many were wearing corsets that caused major health issues (historically speaking). I will ALWAYS love jeans. You wanna' give back the vote, too?:noway:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    OP, try Not Your Daughter's Jeans.

My current faves are the ReRock jeans from Express.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    A MUST READ TO AVOID "LONG BUTT" MOM JEANS:

When I was a size 12, I hated jeans too. The only pairs that I could find to fit gave me the dreaded "Long Butt Syndrome" that many mom's have. Then one day I was searching the internet and stumbled across this blog "Mom Jeans and the Dreaded Long Butt". Someone actually took the time to explain how to shop for and find jeans that were flattering to your butt and figure. The blog was sooooo funny and well written, I feel the need to share and educate anyone here who was in the same boat as me unaware that it was my jean choices that made my butt look awful, not necessarily my butt itself!

Below is the link to the original post, and she also has a plus-size sequel to this blog. Well worth your 5 minutes to read this, it will change the way you shop for jeans forever! Even now that I'm a size 6, I'm still using her tips to shop for jeans, and yes, I found an amazing pair that I totally love. Hope this helps all you jean haters of the world ;o)

http://www.graspingforobjectivity.com/2009/03/mom-jeans-and-dreaded-long-butt.html

Oh goodness according to this lady I have been wearing "gateway mom jeans"!!!!! I came home and had my daughter take some booty shots and I am so disappointed now!! Granted my jeans are a little big since I'm losing weight but I thought they looked good. Id post a pic but I don't know how :(
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Jeans are hard for me to find a good size too cuz I am very short and I have a really small waist but big hips and short legs so Junior size Jeans fit best but then I have to hem atleast like 4 inches off them minimum, even the petite pants are too long. I have found I like the Angels Brand Jeans, Fiorucci, or Seven jeans best but I do always usually have to hem them up. I like the springtime cuz I can buy them already cropped. Angels Jeans though are super comfortable I usually get them online they are pretty thin denim but put together well and they move easily they don't feel so stiff wearing them.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love jeans and I think all my pants save for 3 pairs of dress pants (2 of which are still too small to fit back into) are jeans. That being said, I HATE jean shopping. I have fuller thighs and a fuller butt, and a smaller waist (smaller in proportion to my thighs at least. Anyway, every pair of jeans I own has a huge gap in the back which annoys me. My dress pants fit me rather nicely, as I can get them with wider straight legs. I can never find an affordable pair of jeans that fits.

Other than that I love my jeans! They go with EVERYTHING!
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    i dont totally hate jeans im just in a disagreement with mine at the moment.
    but i normally wear bullhead size 00-0, they are the only ones the hug all the right places and are lose in all the right places for me.
This discussion has been closed.