Snacks That Burn Fat :)

Options
Ran across this article today and wanted to share with my new Fitness Pal friends. What you eat between meals matters more than you think. These choices boost metabolism and help you lose weight fast. I'm going to try a few :)

1. Canned tuna on whole-wheat crackers - If you don't want to incorporate dairy into every snack, a can of tuna (packaged in water) is another great source of lean protein plus healthy Omega-3s. For about 200 calories, you can enjoy 3 ounces of light tuna and 6 whole-wheat crackers—complete with 3 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein.

2. Shrimp stack - You may not think of shellfish as a grab-and-go snack food, but you can put this tasty treat together in a flash if you keep pre-cooked shrimp on hand. With Greek yogurt and avocado, it's a protein powerhouse with 9 grams per serving (and 4 g fiber), for only 129 calories.

3. An apple and skim milk - Almost any fruit is going to make a great snack, but you usually want to pair it with a bit of protein to make it more satisfying, unlike carbohydrates, which get used up relatively quickly, protein will help sustain your energy and hunger levels for a couple of hours. This duo will give you 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber for just over 200 calories.

4. Cottage cheese-filled avocado - Here's another fruit and diary combo, this one for when you're craving something rich, creamy, and a bit savory. Remove the pit from one half of an avocado and fill the space with 2 ounces of 1% cottage cheese. For 200 calories, you'll get 9 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber—and no dirty dishes!

5. Chicken pita sandwich (half) - Whip up this chicken and veggie pita in the morning, and split it in half for two snacks throughout the day. Each half contains 200 calories, 3 grams of fiber, and more than 20 grams of protein.

6. Asparagus and hard-boiled egg - It's no wonder this classic combo goes so well together: Fiber-rich asparagus balances out eggs' natural protein. (Plus, asparagus is known as an aphrodisiac, thanks to its folate and vitamins B6 and E levels. Talk about fun ways to burn fat!). Pair 15 asparagus spears (cooked or raw) with one hard-boiled egg for a 126-calorie snack, complete with 11 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber.

These all sound yummy! I'm going to incorporate them into my food plan :)

Replies

• Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love all those Snacks. Thanks for sharing :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Well, um, no.

But nothing wrong with incorporating those snacks into your day if you'd like to, though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    They are all great ideas for snacks, but none of them burn fat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    They all look tasty...but they don't "burn" fat...
  • hapcookie1180
    Options
    So what snacks(food) burn fat?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Those are all fine snacks that will keep you full and give you some good fats and proteins, but they will not boost your metabolism or burn fat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

food doesn't burn fat...food is fuel...it is energy. When you are at a deficit of fuel (energy/calories) your body dips into fat reserves to compensate...thus burning fat for fuel. No particular food burns fat.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yeah, unfortunately not. I wish. :ohwell:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    What you eat between meals matters more than you think. These choices boost metabolism and help you lose weight fast. I'm going to try a few :)

The snacks look great, but this statement ^^^ is utter BS
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    snacks do not burn fat ....

working out/circuit training/sprinting/lifting/etc helps burn calories/fat but not snacking...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    none
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Even if these don't burn fat, I am grateful that you posted them. I always have a hard time choosing decent snacks.
  • hapcookie1180
    Options
    thanks!

I was trying to jump start my weight loss

Just starting this site and helping to track my progress with the foods I eat and exercise
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    thanks!

Just starting this site and helping to track my progress with the foods I eat and exercise

Time to squash another myth.

there is also no "jump start."
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    thanks!

You've come to the right place. There's a lot of misinformation out there and it can get really confusing at first. Take a look at this link here, it was really helpful to me when I first started.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    thanks!

Time to squash another myth.

there is also no "jump start."

Not unless you're Frankenstein or his bride and get hooked up to a car battery
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

There is no food that " burns " fat. Fat is " burned " by using more calories that a person takes in. It's the famous calorie deficit everyone talks about.
  • Axioml
    Options
    They all sound tasty.

44738914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Magic unicorn dust made from dried sparkle rainbow poo! This is *the* only real fat burning snack out there.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Unicorn-farts.gif

what foods will make me fart raindows? can i get a list of those?