Why I'm thankful I'm fat....

Options
ETA: Hope you trolls enjoy your go.

Replies

• VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the rest of your post is insightful but I stopped at "nude espresso shop" WTF!!!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Let's embrace our bodies in all shapes and sizes...

Unless they're unclothed. Think of the children!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Where is this nude espresso shop? Why don't we have cool things like this where I live?
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I kept reading hoping the name/location of this place was posted, but sadly it wasn't...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Let's embrace our bodies in all shapes and sizes...

Unless they're unclothed. Think of the children!

I love you. I can trust you to point out the irony of things.:flowerforyou:
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Why don't I see a rolling eye smiley? This is much needed.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I am offended by this "nude espresso shop" on the basis that I don't drink espresso (or coffee).
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Why don't I see a rolling eye smiley? This is much needed.

Omg, no! We might see some naked eyeball or something. Better safe than sorry.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm not against nudity, as long as no one is harming others or themselves in the process. It's just skin. Sure, genitals are not very attractive, but they're not supposed to be. There are worst things in the world than some barista showing her tatas....but then again, hot coffee/tea splashing bare skin could hurt lots!

But yea, I find this post weird. You're all about embracing all body types, but then shame those who choose to unclothe theirs......a bit contradictory if you ask me.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm googling it but can only find stuff about coffee :sad:
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm offended that you're offended by nudity
  • Yanagibashi
    Yanagibashi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What feelin_gr_8 said about thankfulness! Having once been very skinny but currently being very NOT skinny, I certainly had a few things to learn. It might have been the teenager speaking back int he day but I would sometimes think to myself "wow, that woman needs to lose weight so badly. She should just stick to salad and water."

Well, shame on me for ever being judgmental, even if I could use the excuse of teenage stupidity. I needed to learn to walk a mile in somebody else's shoes. I needed to learn that some fat people didn't gain their fat by sitting around eating bonbons all day. I needed to learn that being skinny does not make you happy (and this is how I wound up NOT skinny). I needed to learn to value the effort that people have to put in to correct a bad situation.

Yeah, I don't think I'm thankful I'm fat, but I am thankful for the huge attitude adjustment it gave me in return.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am offended by this "nude espresso shop" on the basis that I don't drink espresso (or coffee).

Well, I certainly do! Where is this place?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    We're going to need more details around this nude espresso shop. Sounds amazing.
  • Yanagibashi
    Yanagibashi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh, also does this nude espresso shop have male baristas? Because I do love my coffee. :love:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    So it's okay for you to embrace your fat, bit it's not okay for someone else to embrace their own body? Folks need to get over the whole "OMG BOOBS" thing. Boobs are fat, you say fat is okay. Love the boobs, covered or uncovered.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    "I am better at remembering to not place judgement."
    ... while protesting against a cafe for not adhering to my standards
    :frown:
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    (CNN) -- It's a tough time for businesses, but one entrepreneur may have found the recipe for success.

Male and female servers go topless at Grand View Topless Coffee Shop.
    Male and female servers go topless at Grand View Topless Coffee Shop.
    Click to view previous image 1 of 2Click to view next image

On Monday, Donald Crabtree opened Grand View Topless Coffee Shop in Vassalboro, Maine, where the waiters and waitresses serve their customers topless.

In a town with fewer than 4,500 residents, the topless coffee shop is booming with business. Paul Crabtree, the owner's brother, describes business so far as "fantastic."

From this article:
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/27/topless.coffee.shop/
This discussion has been closed.