Foods you can't believe you used to eat!

Options

Replies

• Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Cotton Candy... bags of it at a time! Also, large plates of fettuccine alfredo made with oodles of butter and cream!
  • angelamary61
    angelamary61 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Burger Rings, cheesels, twisties. They are soooo artificial.
  • baker150
    baker150 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Cinnabon, and we were allowed 1 free item per shift... I literally had one of these 5 days a week :|
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I may have cut out a few things, but those are like restaurant options. I can look at something that I used to love and tell myself "Not only can you not eat that in one sitting, you'll vomit if you try". Pesky Cheesecake Factory.

Otherwise, I've just stripped down the portions and added a lot more vegetables.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Everything ridiculously-processed and artificial. Like Doritos.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Aside from a few things here and there, I eat a lot of the same things I always have. Just in smaller portions and different configurations (ie, very healthy breakfast and dinner with a pecan waffle for lunch).

Mostly what shocks me is how I would eat things that I now consider indulgent "treats" on SUCH a regular basis. Like I'd have 2-3 Snickers bars a week and definitely get a latte 2-3 times a week on the way home from work during the fall and winter...right before going home to make dinner with a cream sauce. I'd go out to lunch with friends and then go out to dinner with my ex husband, order a lot and eat everything on my plate both places.

There are a bunch of really great frozen custard places in my town, and my old job used to treat everyone to whatever we wanted on a couple of Fridays per month. I would get something pretty small, but it would still be between 300-500 calories. That's the same as I eat for lunch! Now I understand better why I was eating more cals than I realized back then.
  • Trarbach
    Options
    Peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches on toasted bread layered with honey then sprinkled with sugar,retopped with another layer of soft fresh white bread and a light coat of PB and marshmallow . ( My excuse.. I was a teenager with a high metabolism and hedonistic)
  • shokes718
    shokes718 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches on toasted bread layered with honey then sprinkled with sugar,retopped with another layer of soft fresh white bread and a light coat of PB and marshmallow . ( My excuse.. I was a teenager with a high metabolism and hedonistic)

Can't decide if that sounds gross or really good:/
  • swhiteism
    swhiteism Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Like others, I'm more so shocked at my portions and how often I used to have them. My biggest vice was having at least four 32 oz fountain drinks from my local convenience store every. single. day. One in the morning, one at lunch, one on the way home, one before dinner. So many extra, empty calories!

I also can't believe how often I would eat donuts or whatever other unhealthy treat set out in the break room at work. I'm not even a sweets person and could go the rest of my life without ever thinking about a donut. I would eat them just because they were there, which makes me so sad. That was the case in a lot of situations. Just eating because.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Even though calories aren't the issue, I'm shocked that I used to drink several cans of diet soda every day and NO WATER. Seriously for many years I did not drink any water plain without it being in tea or coffee. And 90% or more of the time I just drank diet soda.
  • Jessica_Mujahidah
    Options
    I used to be a carb queen. I'd always have to have pasta or rice with every dinner and hardly any veggies. I'd also go for quantity over quality.

I also used to ALWAYS opt for the "low fat" or "low cal" versions not knowing how crap they actually are.

My eating habits have completely changed. I'm always eating things with lots of flavours, herbs, spices etc.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    diet food like 'light margarine'

what is that even.
  • jzs20
    jzs20 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    dunkin donuts (bacon egg and cheese bagel and then 2 donuts) It disgusts me just thinking about that
  • midnight_storm
    midnight_storm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    For me at one point(when I had the money to do so), every time I got paid I would order a large pizza, a large order of breadsticks, or cheesy bread, and sometimes even a dessert option(like breadsticks with a glaze and chocolate drizzle or something like it. I would order it on break, eat half of it(everything) and then leave it in my car to snack on when I went for a cigarette and then for after work.

I might have done this another time or two through out my 2 weeks if I still had enough money. Looking back, it's no wonder my highest weight was 425.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Cinnabon, and we were allowed 1 free item per shift... I literally had one of these 5 days a week :|

Could you get me on there? I'd work for 1 Cinnabon per day.

<insert cool jpg of guy with will work for Cinnabon's sign here>
  • Kyligula
    Options
    Not so much the food itself, just portion sizes, American portions are MESSED UP.

Honestly though, soda. I never realized how much sugar soda contained.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I used to have a thing for European wieners .. and mozzarella cheese. I was doing about 14,000 calories a week. It was just crazy but those wieners are very yummy. I had a hard time not buying them in the supermarket.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I used to pick up a 500+ calorie breakfast sandwich plus a 16 ounce real sugar Red Bull on my way to work. Barf.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I used to have a thing for European wieners .. and mozzarella cheese. I was doing about 14,000 calories a week. It was just crazy but those wieners are very yummy. I had a hard time not buying them in the supermarket.

...giggity?
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    All the 'diet' food that I used to eat. I'll never eat an artificially manipulated low fat/low calorie food again!

This. All those chemicals...