Plain Greek Yogurt

13»

Replies

• prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    nasty mess....I refuse to eat it plain. I understand greek is best but id rather go for something more flavorful
  • Tiffy_Pea
    Tiffy_Pea Posts: 49 Member
    I like to add cocoa powder or cinnamon and a little honey. Just last night I mixed it with grated parmesan, seasoning salt, and garlic powder and spread it over chicken breasts before I baked them. Delicious!
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Add some honey. Yum! And peanut butter. Tastes like cookie dough!
  • JaneAero
    JaneAero Posts: 94 Member
    I cook chicken breasts in home made Chicken Tikka Masala sauce using Jamie Olivers recipe

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/chicken-tikka-masala
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Honey, seeds, nuts and/or berries. I also mix in chocolate protein powder - it replaces pudding for me! :)
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Interesting idea. Thank you.
    I eat plain Greek yogurt all the time and this is how - I cut up a Red Delicious apple and mix it with 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1 T honey and top it with cinnamon. You can also add some walnuts in it if you want. It is SO GOOD!!!!!! Enjoy!
  • arabianhorselover
    Well, there's a lot of sugar in the flavored ones.

I realize it's best to buy plain yogurt rather than the flavored varieties. However, I have tried it in the past and was not able to make it so I could stand to eat it. Do you have any tricks?
    Why do you think it's best to buy plain? Buy what you like.
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    fruit
    chopped nuts
    cinnamon (lots!)
    any combination of the above

I also use it to make smoothies - like half a cup of milk, 6 oz, plain non-fat yogurt, a whole bunch of frozen fruit (esp. Trader Joe's mango chunks) and a lot of cinnamon - yummy!

ETA - I also mix it with a bunch of Kashi almond crunch (the only kind I like) - less messy to eat on the run than cereal with milk on it! :-)
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    I add a little honey and sometimes fruit. I like the Cabot plain Greek; it's not a fat free/low fat version and it's a lot tastier than a plain Chobani (for example).

Oh I also add a little vanilla extract sometimes, too.
  • arabianhorselover
    I tried to find a low fat greek yogurt at my grocery store. Absolutely everything they have is non fat. I really don't want the artificial sweeteners.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    I tried to find a low fat greek yogurt at my grocery store. Absolutely everything they have is non fat. I really don't want the artificial sweeteners.

Cabot and Greek Gods are the only full fat brands I've seen, and I think I saw a generic/store brand of low fat Greek once. It's certainly hard to come by, since it's so popular with people trying to get healthier and skinnier. Diet, of course, has to mean nonfat. :(
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Try experimenting using it to make ranch dressing or onion dip.