Foods you can't believe you used to eat!

Replies

• Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    I grew up eating French Toast for breakfast covered in peanut butter and smothered in Syrup! Oh...my mouth waters now thinking of it! I do still splurge every now and then and eat this but I have made a healthier version using whole wheat bread and sugar free syrup. Still tastes yummy which surprises me!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    I used to eat mayonnaise sandwiches and uncooked hot dogs as a kid. :sick:
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    I used to eat fat free yoghurts, low fat spreads and low cal mayo, as well as marketed diet foods and low cal snacks.

Yuck yuck yuck.

I now eat real yoghurt, butter and mayonnaise. I just eat portions suitable for my calorie goal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    My eating habits haven't really changed that much save for I get some more fruits and veg these days...otherwise I eat most of the same stuff...just exercise proper portion control that correlates to my calorie goals.
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    I used to eat mayonnaise sandwiches and uncooked hot dogs as a kid.

Me too!! Nothing like eating a cold hot dog from the Oscar Meyer package with all the hotdog juice still on it! So glad I grew up!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member

Cinnabon

.....Cinnabon

Cinnabon....

....Cinnabon

Please Gawd.... make it stop.....

HomerFacePalm.jpg
  • TodayImEvolving
    TodayImEvolving Posts: 44 Member
    Meat.

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif
  • Plenty of buttermilk donuts with chocolate milk or lots of coffee.
  • Hot fries dipped in Frito lays Jalapeno cheese dip and almost a entire two liter of Dr.Pepper and Snickers on the side
  • caseygrant90
    caseygrant90 Posts: 10 Member
    Oh God, I was so surprised when I saw that a bag of Hot Fries was 130 calories per serving.... One bag that I used to eat entirely is 390 calories! And I would usually eat them with a Monster energy drink on the side...

Buffalo Wild Wings' boneless wings are one of my favorite foods but after seeing how many calories they are I've stayed away for a bit... It's a shame I love them so much!

I'll still eat these things, but I'll eat them in moderation... I would never be able to give them up for life, it would be impossible. :P
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    mushrooms. blech. They are all gross and I'd rather chew on a piece of black licorice than eat one.

I don't know how many times people told me "you can't really taste them", or "you'll like THESE, they are SO good...just try one bite...." and trick me into trying one. LIARS!!! :angry:
  • jgbones
    jgbones Posts: 6
    Oh my gosh - when I first moved out of my parents, my boyfriend and I would cook Velveta & cheese shells with hot dogs. We were never overweight, but just ate like the silly college kids we used to be. Never ran, never touched weights, and had no idea what eating right was. To make it "healthier" we'd get turkey dogs. SO MUCH SODIUM! So processed.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Extra light cream cheese UGH! The things I did to try and lose weight. Now I still use the light, but at least it doesn't remind me of something you'd use to fill a crack in the wall.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    One more: around the holidays my husband and I would always buy a pack of graham crackers and a container of cream cheese frosting, and we would finish both in one sitting. Dip the graham crackers into the frosting and enjoy. Mmm. I miss doing that. Haha.

Okay, so I guess I'm not disgusted by that one. In fact, I now have a craving for graham crackers and frosting. Dammit.

I would do the one too with chocolate frosting. Now I've replaced it with peanut butter. I'm with you on missing it but the problem was 1-2 wasn't enough.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    I still eat things I love not really eliminating much I just watch the portions. I couldn't believe how much was eating before. Now that I've been making better choices I don't crave sweets much and I LOVE dark chocolate and HATE milk chocolate

Edit to add. I can't stand donuts anymore and now understand why I was still hungry after eating them. No nutritional value.
  • jynxgirl
    jynxgirl Posts: 5
    I loved Sonic shakes... and most of them are 500+ calories.I do miss them though. Very much. I would be fibbing if I didnt say that.

A lot of the starchy carb foods. It just amazes me how many calories are in them compared to same size servings of veggies. As long as I have fresh veggies and fruits around, I dont tend to even think about eating them even though my home is full of them because of the people I live with.
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    For me, my answer is like many others who posted on here. Portion control is what it comes down to. I enjoy SOME of the foods I used to eat but I feel better than I cut a lot out. Gaining a bunch of weight is mostly contributed to how much of it you eat. Plain and simple.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    It's mostly the amount, not the kind of food that i'm surprised about

This ^^
    I still eat everything the same, except now the portions are smaller and I drink more water.
  • Little Debbie Oatmeal pies and Hostess Ding Dongs.

I used to be able to sit down and eat an entire box...with probably a half a gallon worth of whole milk with them. Now I can't stand whole milk. Anything more than 2% tastes like pure cream to me.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    The year of stimulants in college. At one point it clicked that the diet pills I borrowed for an all nighter were good at helping me pay attention in class so I used them for that... problem was, they gave me a sweet tooth the size of Texas and I went from gagging at the idea of sugary things before lunch to having Rockstars and cake for breakfast. While a little bit of cake works for me now, I won't touch energy drinks anymore.