Do women really go for guys in bands?

Options

Replies

• Jleonra
    Options
    if a woman wants you solely because you're in a band, there is a high probability that she is a *kitten*.

And there's nothing wrong with that...
  • Jleonra
    Options
    My girlfriends are all giddy about guys who play guitars..not me though. We could be sitting around the campfire drinking or at a party and if some dude busts out his guitar I could not be more turned off.

As someone pointed out early in the thread, finger skills. Your friends know :smokin:
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Bass players are where it's at!!! :love: :heart:

Nothing like a hard, fast, grinding bass line to get my juices flowing...............:blushing:

I must say it's all about the stage presence too, if you have a bassist or guitarist who just stands there and strums.....boring....you have to OWN that stage!!! This is what I fell in love with! :love: :heart: :drinker:
    2698_1127594543554_4844193_n.jpg

2698_1127593863537_1430317_n.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    My girlfriends are all giddy about guys who play guitars..not me though. We could be sitting around the campfire drinking or at a party and if some dude busts out his guitar I could not be more turned off.

As someone pointed out early in the thread, finger skills. Your friends know :smokin:

Bagpipers play 1/64th notes.

Think about it.
  • Sierra_christine89
    Options
    If a guy can play an instrument that's SERIOUSLY attractive, but not necessarily in a band..
    I usually go for guys with tattoos hahaha!!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    if a woman wants you solely because you're in a band, there is a high probability that she is a *kitten*.
    Yeah, I have been known to get pretty whorish with my musician! No shame! :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    <---- has a lot of Band instruments and equipment at his pawn shop. Just throwing that in here in case any of you women want to come stroke on a Gibson Strat neck or if that's too intimidating, you can play with the knob on one of my washburns. You know you wanna!!! :happy:
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

Bagpipers play 1/64th notes.

Think about it.

But us drummers really know how to use our sticks...
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    《==== Plays the accordion.

For real.

True story
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    what about the flute?

OMG you're so hawt!

You just want to borrow his flute so you can take it to band camp......

Seen it, not as hot as you would think.

wait, what? I've never showed you any flutes before
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    dated a drummer.... it was hot... but it didn't last. Of course I wasn't with him BECAUSE he was a drummer, but it sure didn't hurt.
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    <--singer in a band. Not a man, but I'll tell you exactly what it is:

When you're making music you're expressing emotion.
    You make a connection with anyone you are playing with or who is watching you/ dancing/ listening to your music.

When women see men in bands making music, they love it because they feel connected to them.

WOMEN NEED EMOTIONAL CONNECTION!!!!!!!

Men need sex.

If woman gets connection, then man get sex. :flowerforyou:
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    <--singer in a band. Not a man, but I'll tell you exactly what it is:

When you're making music you're expressing emotion.
    You make a connection with anyone you are playing with or who is watching you/ dancing/ listening to your music.

When women see men in bands making music, they love it because they feel connected to them.

WOMEN NEED EMOTIONAL CONNECTION!!!!!!!

Men need sex.

If woman gets connection, then man get sex. :flowerforyou:

lol /end thread
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

If you've booked bands since high school and then had your own venue, and played, who do you think you meet?

http://youtu.be/BKCTWreqR40
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    If a man can play an instrument, he's gotta be good with his hands, right?!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    If he's ugly I don't give a *kitten* what band he's in.
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Mick Jagger, Steve Tyler, Rod Stewart....all homely, all swimming in p*ssy....
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

Mick Jagger, Steve Tyler, Rod Stewart....all homely, all swimming in p*ssy....

But also rich. Money trumps all.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You always hear how women dig a guy in a band. But I don't really think so. I was in a band in high school, and I still never had a date. When I tried to use it to my advantage, it generally went like this:

Me: "Hey, wanna come hear my band Friday night?"

Her "Maybe, what's the name of your band?"

Me: "Marching"

Her: *walks away*

*badum tish* :P Well played OP. Well played.
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You always hear how women dig a guy in a band. But I don't really think so. I was in a band in high school, and I still never had a date. When I tried to use it to my advantage, it generally went like this:

Me: "Hey, wanna come hear my band Friday night?"

Her "Maybe, what's the name of your band?"

Me: "Marching"

Her: *walks away*

Haha I was just gonna come in here and say I dig guys in jazz bands