October Weight Loss Group

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options
    so on friday i drank the last glass of wine in house and pledged no more alcohol for the 7days...and i did succeed and exercised all weekend too...I did fab on my diary and still lost nothing...my hubby said dont worry soon it will fly off..but still it bummed me out. I am still motivated though and will lose the 7lbs this month. I heard on a forum about HIIT (high intensity interval training) which you can do on a treadmill or with any exercise ...its 3 mins regular walking and 2 mins really fast walking repeated 5 times so its 20 mins...someone said Dr. Oz said it will blast through belly fat. So I am going to start doing it tonite! Wish me luck!

Pesevere, Patience, and Positive. You will get there. I think your idea is excellent!! Keep doing what you are doing and be patient!

Thanks for idea on chicken.....:-) I have plenty of options but I was in a resturant on a Friday night and automatically ask for fried catfish and they have baked catfish that is totally good. It really just slipped. Then Saturday I had one piece of fried chicken. No willpower but I am ready now. No fried foods no matter what!! Thanks again!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I'd like to jump on board! My goal this month is 4 lbs. With Halloween coming, it's going to be hard! My goal for the challenge is... no halloween candy and no chocolate covered granola bars! We buy those granola bars for the kids lunches but when that chocolate craving hits, I'm all over them! It's a tough challenge! :)

Tattoodfreek - lose 2 pounds (1.4 from goal!) (SW 141.4)
    Dounia Goal to lose 3 or 4 pounds this month- CW (10/1/2010) = 123
    EboniA - to lose 3 pounds
    tracey1986
    cnbethea to lose 10lbs (SW 161.2)
    janna674 to lose 7lbs (SW 152)
    Tiarapants - to get below 150 (SW 156)
    Trusunshine to lose 5lbs (SW 189.6)
    Jacqueline0821 to lose 4 lbs (SW 144.4)
    Stellcorb- lose 6 lbs (Monthly) 1.25 lbs a week (average)
    roonmom to lose 5lbs
    kar74 - lose 6 lbs.
    Mollie1037 - To lose 7 pounds (SW 363, CW 360, GW 356) - 3 pounds lost!
    HerbieSue - OK, lost 5 in Sept, going for 3 in October!!
    Fawnie - to lose 7lbs
    Aisha- to lose 10 lbs
    mountainmanjake - 16.8lbs woooh!
    rojo40 to lose 15lbs sw 232, cw 230, gw 140
    wendytobin - to lose 3lbs
    betterchoices - to lose 4 lbs
    janna674 - to lose 7 lbs
    carolww - lose 8lbs
    kizzy_muss - lose 5 ibs (sw: 180.4 gw: 175.4)
    AlexD3 - lose 10 lbs
    tffnrod25 - lose 10 lbs
    jaydensmamas- lose 12lbs cw216
    ferff3 - to lose 4 lbs
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    so on friday i drank the last glass of wine in house and pledged no more alcohol for the 7days...and i did succeed and exercised all weekend too...I did fab on my diary and still lost nothing...my hubby said dont worry soon it will fly off..but still it bummed me out. I am still motivated though and will lose the 7lbs this month. I heard on a forum about HIIT (high intensity interval training) which you can do on a treadmill or with any exercise ...its 3 mins regular walking and 2 mins really fast walking repeated 5 times so its 20 mins...someone said Dr. Oz said it will blast through belly fat. So I am going to start doing it tonite! Wish me luck!

Pesevere, Patience, and Positive. You will get there. I think your idea is excellent!! Keep doing what you are doing and be patient!

Thanks for idea on chicken.....:-) I have plenty of options but I was in a resturant on a Friday night and automatically ask for fried catfish and they have baked catfish that is totally good. It really just slipped. Then Saturday I had one piece of fried chicken. No willpower but I am ready now. No fried foods no matter what!! Thanks again!

you must live in the south ...never heard of so much fried foods, especially catfish lol...i live in NY, they ban all of the good food up here lol...they probably dont allow deep fryers...I did have a deep fried oreo at the fair and damn they are goooood!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Janna674 Keep it up it will haooen and like your hubby said it will hust start melting off and you be like where did it go!!!!:bigsmile: Oh and by the way don't they have like this famous shop up there in NY that came up with those deep fried oreos and all this other kind of stuff deep fried burgers and what not you guys got some dirty south in you somewhere I saw it on a show or something I am sure it was there!! I was like what in the world are they doing with all that deep fried crap but people love it!!:sick:

Jessica that is the kind of weight loss success story I love to hear congrats to you in your too big pink pants!!:bigsmile: I hope you can catch some deals on some new jeans real soon sweats a little to big you can do but loose booty jeans a no no LOL!!

Mollie congrats on being down 3lbs:drinker: and I know how hard it is giving up those fried foods I pride myself now on not buying any cooking oil and flour my kids whine about no fried chicken but oh well I tell them to get over it!! It really is tough so jump back on it I know you can do it!!!
  • AlexD3
    AlexD3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just had my first bad day (where I go over my caloric allowance) yesterday. Back in the swing this morning and had a great workout. First week was good. I kept the commitment in not eating tortilla chips (which means no salsa). :laugh: :laugh:
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Hit my 1.5lbs lost this last week.
  • janna674
    Options
    Yeah! Hit my 1.5lbs lost this last week.

WTG!! :wink:
  • janna674
    Options
    Janna674 Keep it up it will haooen and like your hubby said it will hust start melting off and you be like where did it go!!!!:bigsmile: Oh and by the way don't they have like this famous shop up there in NY that came up with those deep fried oreos and all this other kind of stuff deep fried burgers and what not you guys got some dirty south in you somewhere I saw it on a show or something I am sure it was there!! I was like what in the world are they doing with all that deep fried crap but people love it!!:sick:

Jessica that is the kind of weight loss success story I love to hear congrats to you in your too big pink pants!!:bigsmile: I hope you can catch some deals on some new jeans real soon sweats a little to big you can do but loose booty jeans a no no LOL!!

Mollie congrats on being down 3lbs:drinker: and I know how hard it is giving up those fried foods I pride myself now on not buying any cooking oil and flour my kids whine about no fried chicken but oh well I tell them to get over it!! It really is tough so jump back on it I know you can do it!!!

I do love my deep fried foods too...not sure about what restaurant it may be...but the NY state fair...i think they deep fry everything up there even butter ..it may have been a food network special on the NYS Fair lol ..

too bad fried zuchinni wasnt more healthy??
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congrat's to everyone on thier week 1 successes!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

I do love my deep fried foods too...not sure about what restaurant it may be...but the NY state fair...i think they deep fry everything up there even butter ..it may have been a food network special on the NYS Fair lol ..

too bad fried zuchinni wasnt more healthy??

I am in Chicago but many here migrated from the south, so there is no lack of fried catfish and chicken here. Like today I normally do $2.99 special from Popeyes. But no way. Have to get back to clean eating and that excludes fried chicken. I have to make it a very seldom ate item. I am much better but can definitely improve.

Good job on all weight losses!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Thanks!!! You know fried foods and fast foods is my demon. A demon :devil: I am determined to beat. BTW - I never fry food at home. It has been ages. I am a recovering fast food junkie! :smile:
  • mountainmanjake
    mountainmanjake Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the success!! To all of you that "messed up" It sounds like you let one or two small things slip... Put it behind you, it's not a big deal! Use it to motivate you to be better!! I find the better I do, the less likely I am to mess up all my hard work. YOU CAN DO IT!!
    I've been doing pretty well. I dont know where this motivation came from, but I'm unstoppable right now. Tomorrow is my weigh in day, not that I haven't cheated once or twice and weighed myself, but I only make it official on Wednesdays... lol
    i've been running 4miles a day, but I'd like to get a second cardio workout in, maybe an evening bike ride. Also, I need to eat a little more... I was just barely breaking 1200 cals and I dont think it was quite enough, so I ate around 15 or 16 hundred yesterday and I felt much better (I was gettin' a lil dizzy before). Also, after eating more yesterday, my weight was down this morning.
    SO, my new goal is to work in a little more cardio, and listen to my body and eat just enough. My body knows how many calories it needs, and as long as I hit that and stop... I'm golden. Just don't want to eat too little.
    I'll be back tomorrow with a weigh-in! ....I'm excited!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Well said mountain man! Congrats on the losses so far this week, and for trying our best with our goals! If we fail, what matters is that we keep on trying! So far I have been able to stick to my no sugar goal for the week. This is despite the fact that my hubby brought home a container of peanut butter panic ice cream for me. My favorite. Grrr.

Mollie- you are doing great! Keep sticking with it. I love fried foods too. I am more of a fried veggie person though.

Jake- be careful! If youre feeling dizzy that's a very strong sign that you definitely need to be upping your calories! Goo dluck with weigh in!

LOL cnbethea- I hate the saggy booty jean! Nothing looks worse on a woman than that. Well, maybe skinny jeans do, they don't look good on anybody!!
  • AlexD3
    Options
    I did my interval training this morning on the treadmill. Run 5 minutes - walk 2 minutes and repeat for approximately 30 minutes. I am trying to build up my endurance in running. It is a great way to burn calories.
  • AlexD3
    Options
    I did my interval training this morning on the treadmill. Run 5 minutes - walk 2 minutes and repeat for approximately 30 minutes. I am trying to build up my endurance in running. It is a great way to burn calories.
  • mountainmanjake
    mountainmanjake Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    9/29 - 216.8
    10/6 - 212.2 ...4.6lbs lost! :)

WOOOOH!!!

If I can somehow keep this kind of momentum, I WILL reach 200 by november... We'll see...

~jake
  • janna674
    Options

I have been doing HIIT all week too...i read about it on one of these boards...I can really feel it work like every muscle in my body...much more effective I think than just the regular walk.
  • janna674
    Options
    WTG MMjake on your huge loss this week! wow!

I feel really good today after not losing any weight on my weigh in day and not having any alcohol for 5 days.I exercized 5 out of 6 days..I am finally burning more calories on my treadmill too. SO I peeked at the scale and it said I am down ...I am going to wait til Monday for anything official and press on being intense on this diet!
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I am down a pound to 155 - I am so desperate to see 100 lost! x
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Congrats all to all Losers!!! Great job!!

Tiarapants you will be in the century club very soon!!! Whohooo!!!

If I missed any updates, sorry. Have a wonderful day!

Tattoodfreek - lose 2 pounds (1.4 from goal!) (SW 141.4)
    Dounia Goal to lose 3 or 4 pounds this month- CW (10/1/2010) = 123
    EboniA - to lose 3 pounds
    tracey1986
    cnbethea to lose 10lbs (SW 161.2)
    janna674 to lose 7lbs (SW 152)
    Tiarapants - to get below 150 (SW 156) - Down 1 pound! :flowerforyou:
    Trusunshine to lose 5lbs (SW 189.6)
    Jacqueline0821 to lose 4 lbs (SW 144.4)
    Stellcorb- lose 6 lbs (Monthly) 1.25 lbs a week (average) - Down 1.5 lbs!! :flowerforyou:
    roonmom to lose 5lbs
    kar74 - lose 6 lbs.
    Mollie1037 - To lose 7 pounds (SW 363, CW 360, GW 356) - 3 pounds lost!
    HerbieSue - OK, lost 5 in Sept, going for 3 in October!!
    Fawnie - to lose 7lbs
    Aisha- to lose 10 lbs
    mountainmanjake - 16.8lbs woooh! - Down 4.6 lbs!! :flowerforyou:
    rojo40 to lose 15lbs sw 232, cw 230, gw 140
    wendytobin - to lose 3lbs
    betterchoices - to lose 4 lbs
    janna674 - to lose 7 lbs
    carolww - lose 8lbs
    kizzy_muss - lose 5 ibs (sw: 180.4 gw: 175.4)
    AlexD3 - lose 10 lbs
    tffnrod25 - lose 10 lbs
    jaydensmamas- lose 12lbs cw216
    ferff3 - to lose 4 lbs