Anyone starting or started C25K soon?

Options

Replies

• angelb1983
    angelb1983 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I did C25k. Loved it!! It is hard sometimes.I promise you can do it, and if you don't give up it does get easier. There were times where I felt like I could not do the plan set out for the day, but that was half the challenge,beating those voices that told me I could never do it. Now I am starting to try C210k. I am starting halfway through since I did C25k. I am still very slow. I want to get speed down after endurance
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i am in w3 !!
    just do it !!
  • kos33
    kos33 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hey
    had never d of C25K before -saw your posts, looked it up, downloaded app and already been out for day one -love it already, thanks for the tips, keep em coming
    k:happy:
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3/4 but its a treadmill C25K:smile:
  • wacky21
    Options
    I just started week 4! I love it! I've always wanted to start running,seeing the progress you make is so motivating!
  • Esme35
    Options
    I'm on week 7. Anyone starting this, keep going, it does get easier! When I started I was puffed out just jogging for a minute, but now I can't believe that I can actually run for 25 mins without having to stop - its great. Just stick to a steady pace, once your fitness improves then you can try and improve your speed. I'm going to move onto the 5 to 10k after. Once I get to 10k that will do for me, I just want to run to keep fit and burn calories to help shed the lbs then hopefully keep them off. I have just invested in a treadmill so I can continue running through the winter - no excuses if it's pouring with rain or snowing! Hoping it will be delivered at the weekend.
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to go and do Week 2 day One, and hardly in the best shape for it ahah! However I'm aiming for a 5k Santa Dash start of December so gonna have to get on with it!
    I've lost count of how many times I've never got past week 1...got the right attitude for it now though which I think is half the battle :)

Feel free to add me for support etc :)
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I just downloaded the application...I just partipated for the 1st time in fun run (5km) I was so tired by enjoyed it. For the first time in my life Im interested more in running now that I have joined MFP. Ive got a timetable of the next fun runs so adding up C25k will assist me a lot. I just download the application for free on my Nokia Lumia phone...looking forward to start soon...my body is still sore from the fun run of Saturday...if theres is a group please add me.
  • Esme35
    Options
    I forgot to add. I have lost an inch off my thighs since I started doing this and I haven't really been strict with my eating either.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add. I have lost an inch off my thighs since I started doing this and I haven't really been strict with my eating either.

I hope I can say the same! I am to do week 2 day 1 today.

Thunder thighs please go away lol!
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    So I downloaded it when I had a WIFI connection over the weekend. Only it's telling me it uses Text-to-speecdh and I need to download voiace data for my language. It also seems to want a network connection to work, something I can't give it without a data plan on my phone.
  • madaughe
    madaughe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am going to start next week.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it but I'm on Week 7.
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I started last Saturday and did W1D2 this morning. I've done it before and got almost all the way through before a bad bout of bronchitis triggered an asthma flareup and I was benched by my doctor. I've signed up for a 5K on New Year's Eve so I have to get ready!
  • rebekahlp
    Options
    I'm actually thinking of starting it this week. I have bad ankles so I wondered if it worked if I walk it all.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm actually thinking of starting it this week. I have bad ankles so I wondered if it worked if I walk it all.

I would find a different app or program because it is broken into jogging/running/walking portions leading to a straight run/jog.
  • dizzysmile
    dizzysmile Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I finished it about 3 and a half weeks ago. I was planning on repeating a modified version of the program to increase my speed but my schedule got thrown out of whack and I'm just restarting it today. Really honestly not looking forward to it, lol.

I never enjoy DOING the actual workouts but I always feel great afterward. It's kind of a love-hate relationship.
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am thinking on doing this just to add some structured distance training with my routine.
  • missfitmt
    missfitmt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I finished it about 3 and a half weeks ago. I was planning on repeating a modified version of the program to increase my speed but my schedule got thrown out of whack and I'm just restarting it today. Really honestly not looking forward to it, lol.

I never enjoy DOING the actual workouts but I always feel great afterward. It's kind of a love-hate relationship.

I know this EXACT feeling! The feeling of accomplishment after the workout is the best though; knowing that you convinced yourself to get through it!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Just Did wek 2 day 1 yesterday I found it easier and was actually disappointed when the walk time chime sounded