Did you keep or get rid of your fat clothes?

Options
12346»

Replies

• paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I get rid of them as soon as they don't fit and have been replaced. I do have a couple things from my heaviest to remind myself of my progress and as a deterrent to slipping and gaining it back. While I know it may be practical to keep fat clothes it just feels like admitting eventual defeat.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Gone; slowly & steadily. Not going back there; no I am not!
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 6 to a 16, and I have sizes all along the way! I really really want to shrink back down again, but I only have so much closet space, and cruel reality made me recently get rid of my 6-8's. Yes, I cried a bit. But if I can get back to a 10, it wont hurt so bad.
  • 91lowharley
    91lowharley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I got RID of mine because I refuse to ever wear mine again! Every year we have a "Family Reunion" yardsale and that's where they ALL went. I went from a size 22 (or bigger) to 8-10 depending on the brand. I still want to lose 10 more but it's becoming difficult - patience. My biggest problem is I have a lot of lose skin AND again it's PATIENCE. So to answer your question - GET RID OF THEM - say BYE BYE :wink:
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I started at 3x tops and 18+ pants. I kept the one pair of pants and the shirt that are in my before picture so I can put them on for an after one. Other than that they go. I feel like if I keep them I am giving myself tacit permission to grow back into them. I have recently gone down to large shirts, but I have kept the extra large- sometimes I feel puffy and they make me feel more secure as I am just on the line between large and extra large. But once I am full on large, the extra larges will go too.
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I actually kept the purple shirt in my profile and my drivers license. I dont know why I just wanna hang on to them. The rest of them I kinda wanted to burn but I decided to give them to charity instead ^_^
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I got rid of all mine and really regretted it. You just don't know what will happen - I fell down the stairs and had a head injury and regained nearly 30 lbs in total being immobilised on my back. I will get rid of the majority once I've finished losing it (again) but I will def keep just a couple of pairs ofjeans in case. I keep them separately anyway, so once my size 8s don't fit I know there is a problem!
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am now a size 6 to 8, and I have all these size 12 to 14 size jeans taking up space in my closet. I am donating to goodwill tomorrow!!! To make room for new clothes!!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I keep "one" size larger - in the case of surgery, bloating, or double dressing for warmth. Anything larger is gone. I did keep the huge sweatshirts (love snuggling in them whilst watching television on those real cold nights). I'm not giving myself any allowance to go back to those larger sizes. I used to and now, it just isn't happening. I donate them.
  • bergamese
    bergamese Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I keep "one" size larger - in the case of surgery, bloating, or double dressing for warmth. Anything larger is gone. I did keep the huge sweatshirts (love snuggling in them whilst watching television on those real cold nights). I'm not giving myself any allowance to go back to those larger sizes. I used to and now, it just isn't happening. I donate them.

I keep one size larger, but only a few pieces in that size. I hate having unused items in my home so anything I don't use goes out.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    GONE!!! I did have the last set of my "temporary" clothes folded on a shelf in my closet, but I just packed them up to go to Goodwill yesterday. I still need to go through my jeans and shorts, and then they'll be all gone. I'm only keeping pencil skirts that are one size too big (but I still wear them all of the time...they just fall a little lower) and some pants/skirts that are bottoms to some suit jackets that fit, so I need to have them altered. After one full year of maintenance and currently slightly below final "ideal" weight, there is no need to keep them.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    GOODWILL.

Got rid of them like this:

Try on

Too big

Throw in box

Take box to Goodwill
This discussion has been closed.