Does anybody else drive a stick shift?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person in the world who drives a stick?

Yes.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Whenever I drive my mom's automatic car I always get whiplash when I mistake the brake for the clutch and slam on it lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person in the world who drives a stick?

Yes, of course you are.

lol. i thought the same thing.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Hi, Europe here.

Most of us drive manual transmission.
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    i do and requested it when i bought my car.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can drive one and did so for many years. However, my new car is an automatic, and I have to say that it is preferable now since I have to deal with stop-and-go traffic every day. If I didn't have to deal with that, I'd be all for getting another manual.

I will say that I miss having it in the winter months since I was able to control the car a little better in the snow when I had it.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yup! love the stick
  • I_Go_Fast
    Options
    sticks rock!!
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    When my oldest got his license, we got an old stick shift for him... he was not happy about it, but mastered it pretty quick. It's a good skill to have. My car is an automatic, but it was fun to drive a stick again and to teach my son :)
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Nope. And I just want this in my newsfeed! :laugh:
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have owned a stick in the past, but living in the Seattle area it was just too much of a pain with all the hills. Got tired of trying to stop and start on them in heavy traffic with some joker pulled up too close for me to risk rolling. :grumble:
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    yep, me too,
    drove my nans automatic car for the 1st time a little while ago and it was horrible, although the car was a nissan micra so thats probably why!
    but would never buy an automatic
  • KentWhiteRabbit
    KentWhiteRabbit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK most cars are manual.

My current car is the first auto I've driven since passing my test. It's great on motoways but around town I miss my manual. My husband prefers my driving in the auto though, less screeching away from traffic lights!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    All vehicles I own are exclusively manual, and I'm from the US. It does make car shopping kind of a pain since I refuse to buy an automatic.

do-you-even-lift_o_918871.jpg
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    All vehicles I own are exclusively manual, and I'm from the US. It does make car shopping kind of a pain since I refuse to buy an automatic.

do-you-even-lift_o_918871.jpg

lol
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    In the summer I drive a Standard 1990 Mazda Miata. Best car ever and she is purple.
  • I_Go_Fast
    Options
    the Z!!!
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I drive manual. 94 Toyota corolla. Learned when I was in undergraduate. Hated...with a passion...having to stop going up a hill. There was one stop light on the edge of our campus that I had to go through to go home. One time I stalled 3 times in a row and scared the crap out of the guy behind me. I let everyone go and waited til I had like 50 yards behind me (steep hill) before I got going again. From then on I took the longer route home.
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Miss the days of being having a manual, "bachelor" car. Better half doesn't drive stick, so when my BMW (5 speed) was turned into an accordian 10 years ago, I had two stipulations put on whatever new car I bought: 1) automatic and 2) 4-door *gasp* :sad: :grumble: Guess it's not TOO bad of thing in DC area traffic, but I miss having control over the car. Always love travelling overseas, as rentals there are PREDOMINANTLY manual......
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Tractors!!