9 lbs lost but something's wrong...

Options
Okay, so I started as a 260 lbs girl and now I am 251, within about a month I've lost 9 pounds.

Okay, so when I started out I was eating healthy a bit, but then was eating normal but weight keeps coming off!!! I am BY NO means complaining, heck no, I am THRILLED!!! But see, I don't understand why...when I was eating CLEAN my weight would either stay the same, or I would lose .5-1 pound a week after SUFFERING trough it.

Now, I eat normal, like before CLEAN(but no fast food or candies, I never really did), and weight goes off easy...I eat OVER my limit about 3/4 times a week, but weight goes off...NO inches though..and don't tell me I'm losing muscles because I am not eating enough, I eat ! I ,often, don't put it in diary because it's like "whaaat are you doing on here eating THAT MUCH of that etc."

Is there something wrong me, or am I really that LUCKY all of a sudden?

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I think it may be water weight but nevertheless if you're losing, your probably eating less than you did before.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I think it may be water weight but nevertheless if you're losing, your probably eating less than you did before.

Yes, most likely less, but why did I lose way less eating all healthy crap and as many calories as site suggested?
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Pls, any ideas why?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No idea.

Maybe the crappy food makes you poop more?
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You're not doing yourself any favors by not filling in your diary. Don't make it public if you're embarrassed, but if you're not honest it's not going to help. You probably weren't eating enough before, trying to eat "clean."

Nothing is wrong.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    You're not doing yourself any favors by not filling in your diary. Don't make it public if you're embarrassed, but if you're not honest it's not going to help. You probably weren't eating enough before, trying to eat "clean."

Nothing is wrong.

I was filling about over 100 extra calories and then I was like screw it I won't add extra 500 calories.So I was eating OVER the allowance of CLEAN calories(lol)
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    No idea.

Maybe the crappy food makes you poop more?

Yeah, that's it, genius:laugh:
  • You are probably more aware of the calories that you are supposed to be consuming and burning than you were before. If you really think that it's something serious, talk to your doctor and have them run some tests.
  • dynamitegalxo
    Options

Nothing is wrong.

I was filling about over 100 extra calories and then I was like screw it I won't add extra 500 calories.So I was eating OVER the allowance of CLEAN calories(lol)
    That's exactly my point. You probably weren't eating enough before. There's really no point in using the system if you're not going to use it fully.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie goal?
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    You are probably more aware of the calories that you are supposed to be consuming and burning than you were before. If you really think that it's something serious, talk to your doctor and have them run some tests.

I seriously doubt anything is wrong with me health wise, I am just really curious WHY when I eat crappy clean food I lose freaking half a pound, but when I eat normal...now, AFTER few days of "clean" food, I lose about half a pound a day if not more...Tomorrow is a weigh in but I sneak peaked today after eating pretty large meal and I am surprised! Tomorrow is "official weigh in" so I will find out how much more I lost tomorrow.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options

Nothing is wrong.

That's exactly my point. You probably weren't eating enough before. There's really no point in using the system if you're not going to use it fully.

Uh what??
    I said I was OVER eating! I am well aware that when I shoot for 1300 , log 1400-1500 and then choose not to log in extra 350 from smores muffin or 250 worth of soda I am OVER eating..so how was I not eating enough?
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    What's your calorie goal?

It says 1300, so did my fitness trainer.
  • dynamitegalxo
    Options
    Dude, ok. The calorie goal that you're going over is probably not enough for you. Hence, when you go over that, you then move into the territory of eating enough and you start to let go of weight. Make sense?
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Agreed, could be that you weren't eating enough when eating clean. Just yesterday I had a surprise day off, and I was meticulous about logging. Turns out if left on my own on a normal day at home I'm barely eating 700 calories. Needless to say I had to rectify that especially as I had an hour of HIIT cardio yesterday night.

So it could be that you were eating less than you though you were on a daily basis when eating clean. While you may lose some weight eating such a deficit, ultimately you do yourself harm.

edited to get my tenses right.
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Maybe "clean eating" shocked your system enough that it kicked your metabolism up a notch when you went back to normal eating??? Are you exercising at all, walking more, fidgeting more, lower sodium intake maybe making you loose water weight, over estimating caloric intake or underestimating output?

...Those are my best guesses. Good luck!
  • KathryneJY
    KathryneJY Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't allow yourself to get used to it. Any change in diet is going to result in some loss. Nine pounds in a month is pretty good, but at your weight, water weight is going to play a bigger role. Prepare yourself for some normalization of weight loss, and a harder time losing it as you go along. At my heaviest, it was easy. As I go, it gets harder and harder. Don't convince yourself that this first 10 lbs is going to be typical of the rest of your journey.

Be diligent, log your food, get your exercise, and build on your momentum! Your body will change, how it loses weight will change, the challenges you face will change. Be prepared, do the best you can do, and envision your success. Just be prepared for the honeymoon to be over and the hard work to begin, because surely this won't last.

I wish you the very best on your journey! You can do this!
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Dude, ok. The calorie goal that you're going over is probably not enough for you. Hence, when you go over that, you then move into the territory of eating enough and you start to let go of weight. Make sense?

Lol, okay, let me break it down for you "dude". I was eating CLEAN and therefore was consuming way less than now and was losing less weight and harder, NOW I am eating NORMAL(like usual, in between junk and healthy), eating more CALORIES but losing MORE weight and EASIER. Makes sense?
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Happens to me, too. I eat healthy, high-protein and lotsa vegetables, and I lose minimally if at all, or I eat sugary cereal and drop a lb the next day. I think our bodies just adjust to the better end of stuff and learn to use sugar as fuel immediately after, rather than hanging onto it and storing it as happened before.

That being said, I'm having French toast tomorrow and expecting to drop some of this recently put-on Vegas booze-weight. :drinker:
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Guess that shows that it doesn't matter what food you eat, its the calorie deficit that makes you lose weight.

But if you are not tracking it, who knows what you are eating.