Options
    God made bacon for us to be happy.

And cheesecake.

baconcheesecake-or-cupcake.jpeg

/drool
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it often but I usually get the Jennie-O reduced sodium turkey bacon - mostly because I can't eat beef. If I could eat beef, I would totally eat full on, real beef bacon every once in a while!

You do know that Bacon is made from pork... Not beef

Ive had beef bacon in muslim countries - its not that nice. Give me slices of pig any day
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    945153_580101355383446_1623063395_n.jpg

Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
  • zorbaru
    Options
    if it aint made from pig, then it aint bacon. thats like saying i eat pork beef, but not real beef.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Cuts of meat that are high in fat are often high in unhealthy saturated fat and cholesterol that can clog arteries with plaque. Bacon, sausage, high-fat steak cuts are big offenders.
    according to what?
    According to multiple sources: American Heart Association, Harvard, American Institute of Cancer Research to name a few. I'm not saying (and neither are the experts) that you need to avoid high saturated fat cuts of meat entirely, just consume in moderation. There are tons of healthy "good" fats in meat as well :o)
  • zorbaru
    Options
    the "Meat" part of the bacon looks pretty lean anyway. so unless you are eating all the fat that surrounds it, then you should be ok.
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I cut fat away from ANYTHING I eat, absolutely hate it. Before I cook it, while it's raw so I can see all the white, I cut it out. I over cut if I have to so I don't miss a bit of fat lol.
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    945153_580101355383446_1623063395_n.jpg

That's nuts! Seriously? Is it good?

I live in Australia, we don't get any of that stuff here. Wish we had 'I Can't Believe it"s Not Butter'
  • zorbaru
    Options
    i live in australia, im sure i saw "i cant beleive its not butter" years ago. fabio was doing the ads on tv.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it often but I usually get the Jennie-O reduced sodium turkey bacon - mostly because I can't eat beef. If I could eat beef, I would totally eat full on, real beef bacon every once in a while!

You do know that Bacon is made from pork... Not beef

:laugh:

And on top of that, how could someone eat turkey but not be able to eat beef? Who "can't" eat beef?

my Mam is allegeric to beef...goes into anaphylactic shock if she eats it..same with carrots and passion fruit. But beef is one of the worst..she misses it bad.
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Got up a bit earlier today to grill myself some bacon for breakfast.

This is already a GOOD DAY!
  • mooie70
    mooie70 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    115 calories per rasher? I don't really consider that low in calories...I miss bacon. It's just not something I can justify right now. Maybe once I hit maintenance :)
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    In for bacon!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hmmm bacon. I eat bacon and Lou's smoke pork loin (tastes like bacon)...

Turkey bacon? Beef Bacon? wth...

Here is something my husband wants to make

baconexplosionopen_zps0e3774de.png Bacon explosion prior to cooking

baconexplosioncooked_zpsf7912877.png after it's cooked

Weave thick slice bacon cover with crumbled sausage and cooked bacon pieces with bbq sauce....roll into a log and cook.

When done slice like cookies...
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    115 calories per rasher? I don't really consider that low in calories...I miss bacon. It's just not something I can justify right now. Maybe once I hit maintenance :)

2a6edc85-2b51-45b0-b5ac-901ac01e2068_zps00dab61b.jpg
  • samammay
    Options

I live in Australia, we don't get any of that stuff here. Wish we had 'I Can't Believe it"s Not Butter'

You will absolutely believe its not butter.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

You will absolutely believe its not butter.

agreed icky icky icky...it makes toast soggy and not in that butter yummy way soggy...bleck.

Seriously my husband bought a tub of it and it sat out and it started to melt in the summer heat and a water like substance rose to the top...:noway: :noway: :noway:

Now the spray on veggies is good...and that is good for a grilled cheese but I just use butter.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Bacon tastes good, so I eat it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Hmmm bacon. I eat bacon and Lou's smoke pork loin (tastes like bacon)...

Turkey bacon? Beef Bacon? wth...

Here is something my husband wants to make

baconexplosionopen_zps0e3774de.png Bacon explosion prior to cooking

baconexplosioncooked_zpsf7912877.png after it's cooked

Weave thick slice bacon cover with crumbled sausage and cooked bacon pieces with bbq sauce....roll into a log and cook.

When done slice like cookies...

I made one a few years ago. It's as good as it looks.