I really miss cheese!!!

Options

Replies

• Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Nothing is forbidden! That is where moderation and cheat days come in handy.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    When I was actively losing, I worked cheese into my daily goals. I would weigh it out to make sure I wasn't over eating it.

One cheese I would occasionally have, when I wanted a taste of cheese but didn't necessarily have the calories for full-fat cheddar, was the Laughing Cow light wedges. I like the taste, and they are generally around 35 calories per wedge. That works well on 4-5 crackers and would satisfy my taste for cheese. I still occasionally have that for a quick snack since my wife likes to keep it around.
  • Healthy_Shelley
    Healthy_Shelley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Baby Bell's and string cheese are some of my favorite snacks! I usually have one with a piece of fruit in the afternoon. Only 50-80 calories, and between 6-8 grams of protein.
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding?? I eat cheese almost EVERY. FREAKING. DAY. and I've lost 50 lbs in 7 months.

Eat the damn cheese and just MEASURE IT - it's like 110 calories.
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love cheese... I eat everyday and have lost all my weight while still eating it.
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    There are great cheeses that are low in fat and there are some great low calorie alternatives. I love Laughing Cow Blue Cheese. it is 35 calories a triangle and one triangle will cover two celery sticks or 1/2 an apple. I still get the taste but without the calories. Otherwise, I go for really sharp cheese because I can use less and still get flavor in my food.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sharp cheddar on crackers (110 calories for three slices of cheese), havarti on crackers (120 calories an oz), shredded cheese on my salads (90 calories for 1/4 cup) or a piece of cheddar on my burger/sloppy joes/sandwich (.6 oz slice is only around 65 calories).

I will, on average, eat at least one of these each day. Totally doable. Tastes better and makes the food way more filling. Plus the protein and calcium. You can fit it in, just gotta work it out first so you aren't surprised by the calories AFTER you finish eating.!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    If you are lactose intolerant, cut out cheese. If not, enjoy, in moderation, by making sure it fits into your calorie and macronutrient goals for the day.

Don't cut it out and you definitely don't need to get crazy about it as some of these posts suggest.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I sure as hell didn't give up cheese when I was losing...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Cheese is not that hard to fit into a reduced calorie diet. I find it hard to get enough calcium without cheese.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    weird... I eat at least an ounce sometimes more a day... it's one of my few "processed" foods
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Cheese is the bomb. Yes it needs to be moderately consumed but there are some lower fat versions out there that taste great and will giv you your fix. I eat mini babybel light (50 cals per wheel), laughing cow, light crumbled blue cheese, part skim mozzarella, grated parm, light shredded cheddar, the list goes on. I don't eat fat free cheese because that stuff tastes like *kitten* to me. It's all about priorities.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    I'm in love with my Allegro cheese, only 4% Fat. No sugar and loaded with protein!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Too bad you didn't try low carb diet. Cheese is acceptable in low carb :)

false. Cheese is acceptable on any diet(noun)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I eat string cheese almost daily..
    Also a fan of crumbled feta or blue cheese and shaved Parmesan.

I'm putting swiss in my chicken tonight!!

Good protein in most cheeses. :)
  • shepd1999
    shepd1999 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My wife and I use cheese every day. Mostly Cheddar which is 110 calories and ounce and we both easily find enough room for 2 oz on a regular basis. It really is not that bad at all plus it has protien and fat that make me feel fuller.
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love to find creative ways to make a little cheese go a long way!
    Example: I pan fry a piece of haloumi, 25g, in a frying pan until it is brown on both sides - it's the most heavenly addition to a salad: creamy and salty and it is like 70 calories.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I need to keep my carbs fairly low, which makes more room for cheese. I have about an ounce almost every day. Roquefort is especially good, and a little goes a long way on vegetables.

Russell, that halloumi idea sounds fabulous!
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Russell, that halloumi idea sounds fabulous!
    It is! Here's my lunch from today:
    175g pinto beans (boiled from dry, no salt), 15g sundried tomatoes (the kind in oil, I ran them under the hot tap to get rid of the oil), 75g lightly cooked tender stem broccoli, and 25g haloumi.
    fee3c17f-20ef-4e9b-82cf-440417371c1c_zps57193ed9.jpg
    368 calories: 9g fat, 20g fibre, 26g protein, 22% calcium
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ^^^ YUM!!! Totally stealing this!!!