How do you make plain non-fat Greek yogurt taste good?

Options

Replies

• lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I add a packet of stevia or a spoon of honey- if I want it sweetened and add fresh berries. Otherwise I substitute it for sour cream in everything else. I LOVE the stuff.
  • Rosie4732
    Rosie4732 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like it as it is

but for breakfast - whilst my porridge is cooking - i eat a pot with 1 banana choped up, a few blackberries, a few raspberries and 1.5tbs of micronised linseed - all mixed up - yummy!
  • kellapicola
    kellapicola Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump...for some great ideas!
  • XorangecrushX
    Options
    Truvia and any extract - vanilla, almond, lemon, strawberry, etc.
  • callmehoots
    callmehoots Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mix in a scoop of whey protein powder (strawberry flavored for me) and throw some raw almonds on top for a quick snack/lunch.
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Google chocolate covered Katie. She posts a bunch of healthy recipes and some of them used greek yogurt! All of the nutrition facts and everything are posted on her page.
  • technobunny
    Options
    oikos/dannon vanilla greek yogurt. no need for plain.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Put honey in it
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    Options
    Dannon oikos sells greek yogurt dips now in French onion and cucumber dill - they're amazing and only 25 calories for 2T :)
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    cinnamon and a banana. Sometimes I'll add some grapes or just do the yogurt and grapes. Just had some with dark chocolate baking powder and honey.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I mix it with vanilla protein powder and cinnamon for an apple or fruit dip.
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Honey.
    Fruit & muesli.
    Raisins.
    A teaspoonful of strawberry jam. (Oh gawd).
    Cinnamon.
    Blueberries.

Mixing sweet tastes with Greek yogurt seems to be the winning thing to do.
  • whamann1
    whamann1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, (berries are my favorite) with a little honey drizzle. :love: Yummmmm! Better than ice cream!

I actually shed tears (no joke!) when I gave up Greek yogurt to go Paleo.:sad:
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Either with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a teaspoon of honey, or with a tablespoon of nutella. It's also good with fruit preserves.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I make frozen yogurt pops with it, adding fruit to make frozen yogurt fruit pops. Going to experiment with pumpkin this year and see if I can make Frozen Pumpkin Pie Pops....we shall see.
  • Elieplo
    Options
    Fresh fruit, rasperries or small chunks of rasberries with finely chopped nuts on top.

Looks nice too :)
  • 22sep2013
    22sep2013 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When you add things to non-fat yogurt to make it edible ... you will "usually" increase the calories drastically so why not just enjoy yogurt just like mother nature intended ... and if the fat calories were too much for you ... eat less of it
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I love Fage plain 0%, but that's the only plain I like, other brands not as good.

I love it with fresh chopped mango.
    In a smoothie with steel cut oatmeal, PB2, cocoa powder, and banana.
    Some agave nectar for sweet tooth.
    Chopped up cocoa almonds mixed in.
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I like it best with a little bit of lime juice, a packet of truvia, some mini white chocolate chips and crushed graham cracker. Tastes like key lime pie!