T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team 9/24-9/30/10

Replies

• Hey everyone-

So, I had my longest workout today. I have been trying to build up a little stamina to increase my workout time. I walked for 20 minutes at lunch, for 15 minutes during my kids dance class, and then tried out a dance workout that I downloaded from netflix to my wii. The dance workout was 35 minutes. I have done some sort of exercise for the last two weeks, so I am going to give my body a rest tomorrow. Do you think it matters on the scale if I do or don't workout the day before my weigh-in? I of course want to see the best results possible. Just curious. By the way, I too weigh in right after I wake up and use the restroom with no clothes on. It is my Friday morning ritual (and every other day of the week too) I really need to give the scale a break. I am a little addicted. I hope everyone had a great day! BTW...my name is Kelsey, so you don't have to type my strange username anymore.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Hey everyone-

So, I had my longest workout today. I have been trying to build up a little stamina to increase my workout time. I walked for 20 minutes at lunch, for 15 minutes during my kids dance class, and then tried out a dance workout that I downloaded from netflix to my wii. The dance workout was 35 minutes. I have done some sort of exercise for the last two weeks, so I am going to give my body a rest tomorrow. Do you think it matters on the scale if I do or don't workout the day before my weigh-in? I of course want to see the best results possible. Just curious. By the way, I too weigh in right after I wake up and use the restroom with no clothes on. It is my Friday morning ritual (and every other day of the week too) I really need to give the scale a break. I am a little addicted. I hope everyone had a great day! BTW...my name is Kelsey, so you don't have to type my strange username anymore.

Kelsey, great job with your workout on Wednesday. On the weigh in day, I guess it does not matter that much, but I am not an expert. You know when you watch "The Biggest Loser", they have a last chance workout before the weigh in. You can use that approach or not. I guess I always weigh in Saturday mornings. I normally have a pretty decent workout the nite before in hopes to having a good weigh in. Everyone is different in their thinking. I would say, just do what you feel is best for you. Keep up the AWESOME work and have a beautiful weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Wednesday I did Fire 30 Class and Stretch 10 Class in the morning and HIIT 15 Class and Stretch 10 Class after work. They both were really good workouts. That was the first time that I did the Fire 30 Class and I can say that is was pretty intense. It is a lot of fun though and I love feeling the sweat run off me with the pounds melting away. I have done the HIIT 15 Class several times before so I knew what I was doing and it was nice to do it again.

Thursday I ran 3 miles in the morning and Fire 55 EZ Class & Strength Training after work. I did really good with the run. I beat my PR by 9 secs. For me that is AWESOME. So my time was 10:39 per mile, it was great. The Fire 55 EZ Class was actually kinda tough, I think I was tired from the run in the morning, but I gave it my best. Then I did Strength Training and that was brutal. I did 2 sets of 15 and 1 set of 20. I definitely am changing that to 2 sets of 12 for the future. With TurboFire there are so many punches and my arms are constantly moving, so I think that is the reason for a hard upper body workout last nite. It will be better for Sunday.

This morning I did Fire 30 Class and Stretch 10. I think I did better this time through. Once I have done a DVD a few times, I get more comfortable and push harder. I really do love TurboFire and can't wait to see the amazing results. Tonite I will be doing Core 20 Class and Stretch 40 Class. Tomorrow will be a 4 mile run. Then tomorrow nite I have a gig. I am really looking forward to that.

Have a great weekend everybody. :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Its weigh in day today, but i dont feel like weighing in. :mad:

I weighed in this morning and there was NO CHANGE.... None! Im still stuck at 227 even tho Im at the tail end of TOM, and have walked more than 20 miles this week! I didnt log food the last couple days on MFP, but I have been keeping track and am under on calories, so Im just perplexed here. Ive been eating pretty good and am actually in the process of doing next weeks meal menu so I have a plan ahead of time. but I am just annoyed with a capital A!

No Change with the stupid tape measure either.

(vent vent vent vent)

Ok fat cells... Its on now!! Im sicking Jillian on you next week with the 30 day shred since you arent responding to ME!! :tongue:
  • Wednesday I did Fire 30 Class and Stretch 10 Class in the morning and HIIT 15 Class and Stretch 10 Class after work. They both were really good workouts. That was the first time that I did the Fire 30 Class and I can say that is was pretty intense. It is a lot of fun though and I love feeling the sweat run off me with the pounds melting away. I have done the HIIT 15 Class several times before so I knew what I was doing and it was nice to do it again.

Thursday I ran 3 miles in the morning and Fire 55 EZ Class & Strength Training after work. I did really good with the run. I beat my PR by 9 secs. For me that is AWESOME. So my time was 10:39 per mile, it was great. The Fire 55 EZ Class was actually kinda tough, I think I was tired from the run in the morning, but I gave it my best. Then I did Strength Training and that was brutal. I did 2 sets of 15 and 1 set of 20. I definitely am changing that to 2 sets of 12 for the future. With TurboFire there are so many punches and my arms are constantly moving, so I think that is the reason for a hard upper body workout last nite. It will be better for Sunday.

This morning I did Fire 30 Class and Stretch 10. I think I did better this time through. Once I have done a DVD a few times, I get more comfortable and push harder. I really do love TurboFire and can't wait to see the amazing results. Tonite I will be doing Core 20 Class and Stretch 40 Class. Tomorrow will be a 4 mile run. Then tomorrow nite I have a gig. I am really looking forward to that.

Have a great weekend everybody. :bigsmile:

You are a machine! I am starting to love exercising. I just can't wait until my body has enough stamina to do more than walking and short dvds. I love hearing all the things you are doing and can't wait to be able to do them myself!

Losingit4good- I hate to hear that you have been working so hard and the scale doesn't show it. Have you tried talking to it? That helps me sometimes ;) Just keep pushing. Your body is bound to respond to your hard work soon.

My weigh in results for this week are SW-285.2/CW-282.2/GW-180....lost three lbs this week and 14 total. I know my amount lost will probably start to drop now that my body isn't in shock, so I am prepared to see lower numbers lost. But I am going to keep fighting this battle until I get the results I want.

Hope everyone has a great night and weekend!
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Congrads Kelsey!! 3 more pounds wow!
    Losingitforgood: Hang in there! Maybe try logging all your food again for a week and see if that makes any difference. Or weight your food? I've starting doing that and I'm always surprised how much my eye is off. Just some thoughts

I decided not to weigh in this week. I'm still really sick and i got my period, so eventhough I have probably lost weight because all I've been eating is soup and toast, I'm also probably retaining water, oh and drinking so many fluids. Anyways, it's been a tough lately. I did really badly on a midterm and I guess I was just hoping that school would be really good this year and it's just hard. Anyways, I'll weigh in next week, when I can be more certain that it reflects my efforts. Also when I can stick to my exercise goal. 30 minutes, 5 days. This week it's going to happen!
  • Okay, I normally don't weigh myself everyday, but this weekend I have been since I am doing the 5 day inferno plan with TurboFire. I can tell you that I am feeling amazing...

JJ - Is TurboFire part of Chalene Johnson's program? Could it be you're building different muscles to cause the 1 pound? I'm trying to avoid weighing myself every day as well, but it's very tempting when you feel like you're doing all the right things and should see almost immediate results. I NEED that reward!! Don't get discouraged - you ARE doing all the right things!
  • Its weigh in day today, but i dont feel like weighing in. :mad:

I weighed in this morning and there was NO CHANGE.... None! Im still stuck at 227 even tho Im at the tail end of TOM, and have walked more than 20 miles this week! I didnt log food the last couple days on MFP, but I have been keeping track and am under on calories, so Im just perplexed here. Ive been eating pretty good and am actually in the process of doing next weeks meal menu so I have a plan ahead of time. but I am just annoyed with a capital A!

No Change with the stupid tape measure either.

(vent vent vent vent)

Ok fat cells... Its on now!! Im sicking Jillian on you next week with the 30 day shred since you arent responding to ME!! :tongue:

LosingIt - Are you eating too few calories? I like how MFP gives a notation at the bottom of your food entries to encourage the consumption of your proper amount of calories. I've been logging just the last two days and came in under both days. It's telling me that my body will not keep up my metabolism if I don't eat properly. I know it isn't rocket science, but it's so tempting to come in under so I reach my goal weight faster. It just doesn't work that way, and it's difficult to let that sink in. Your body needs food for fuel!! Feed yourself (properly, of course)!

Also, do you like the Crystal Light flavor packets? I keep some at work to help me drink more water in the morning. It almost makes me feel like I'm drinking something I'm not supposed to! Another idea I read about a while back is to add a flavor packet to sparkling water to feel like you're drinking soda. It's a great way to mix things up!
  • So, I had my longest workout today. I have been trying to build up a little stamina to increase my workout time. I walked for 20 minutes at lunch, for 15 minutes during my kids dance class, and then tried out a dance workout that I downloaded from netflix to my wii. The dance workout was 35 minutes. I have done some sort of exercise for the last two weeks, so I am going to give my body a rest tomorrow. Do you think it matters on the scale if I do or don't workout the day before my weigh-in? I of course want to see the best results possible. Just curious. By the way, I too weigh in right after I wake up and use the restroom with no clothes on. It is my Friday morning ritual (and every other day of the week too) I really need to give the scale a break. I am a little addicted. I hope everyone had a great day! BTW...my name is Kelsey, so you don't have to type my strange username anymore.

Kelsey - good for you!! I'm so proud of you for getting your walking in any and every way you can! I know how hard it is with kiddos. I finally caved and let my hubby convince me to join him at the gym. I'm not a fan of that atmosphere, but the primary benefit is their child care program. It's about the only way I can get a well-rounded workout in! Stay motivated, because you're experiencing success!
  • SW = 203 (June) / CW = 194 / GW = 150
  • SW = 203 (June) / CW = 194 / GW = 150

becca- you are doing great! Thanks for all the support and motivation. Keep up the great work!

It was a pretty good saturday. I worked out for 60 minutes (split into two different workouts.) I feel really good. I am getting a little more stamina.

I am also actually enjoying going to the grocery store now and seeing all the new, healthy foods I can create. I also bought some of the steam bags and had steamed squash with some grilled chicken from my new foreman grill. It was wonderful (and cheap!) Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully to another successful day!
  • Well I am going to try and make another comeback. I fell off when LI4G got it restarted due to failing health with my dad.
    I am sitting working on food planners for the week right now as that is my main goal this week and to get in some more exercising. I already go three times a week to a trainer. Then Friday I want to hit the scale and record a new beginning and get started with the pounds coming off and the muscle showing a little bit.

Alittle about me - My name is Lisa, I am a widow and a grandmother to 7 which six of them live in Montana. I have worked third shift for about 11 years. I love life and have really gotten into this weight training. It is a blast and so good for you.

I have skimmed through the thread - so many of you are doing so well. Good - Luck keep up the good work. Anita hang in there you can do this. More later - back to meal planning for now
  • egam
    where is everybody?
  • I am here. Nobody had been writing for a few days so I just waited for someone to comment.

Well, I downloaded some workouts from netflix to the wii and tried a dance workout. It was actually pretty fun. The 35 minutes flies by which is nice. I then rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes and beat my best distance by half a mile. That was pretty exciting (I had the extra sweat to prove it!) My problem is that the only time I have to work out is in the evening when the kids are asleep. I need to start eating more calories before I workout b/c I just burned over 600 calories and still need to consume around 500 more to get the calories I need. I guess I need to plan a little better.

I hope everyone is doing well and hope to hear from you all soon!
  • egam
    Wow sounds like you are doing an awesome job with the work outs Kelsey!!! Good for you

It's funny how when your thinking about how much and when your eating, it seems so much harder. Would you ever have guessed that eating more would be harder? I wouldn't!

I haven't been doing a very good job exercising. I guess I'm just lacking a little motivation. I think I need to prioritize it in my schedule, maybe that would help.
  • Iffer75
    Wow, it has been almost a week since I have checked in with everyone. Here is my catch up with you.

Losingit-Sorry to hear how last week was not so good for you. I am hoping you are having a better week and that Jillian has helped kicked your metabolism into gear.

Kelsey-Congrats on the weight loss last week, hope this week is just as good. Keep up the great work. It sounds like you are doing exceptional with healthy eating. It is so fun to find new healthy foods that you enjoy.

Egam-I hope you are feeling better this week. I know it is hard to find your motivation at times. Have you tried setting a goal to keep you motivated? How about putting a picture up of someone you admire and want to aspire to look like? Do you have a special ocassion coming up that you want to lose weight for? Or even just set a goal to workout 30 mins a day no matter what and before long you will want to be doing more at a time because you feel so good after you workout. Believe me, I have had those times as well and have found my way out. I know you can do it too.

Becca-Yes, TurboFire is a Chalene Johnson program. I do agree, it could be muscle that I am gaining and that is why I saw a gain instead of a loss. I had my husband sit down with me last Saturday to switch up my foods a little with less calories to intake. Hopefully this week will be better for me. Thank you for asking.

Lisa-Welcome, glad you are here with us. It sounds like you are on the right track having a trainer and planning your meals ahead of time. Those are great things to do to keep you going. Can't wait to see your progress through your new lifestyle with us.

I have not been on much and I am sorry for that. I caught a head cold over the weekend and just have not felt like reading and posting. I still am not feeling better and I am sure it will be a few more days before it starts to subside. I have been doing my workouts though. I won't let this darn thing bring me down. It may take a little more energy to get my workouts in, but I get them done. I am bound and determined to lose these last few pounds. I want to finally say I am in maintenance mode. I am hoping by the end of the year I will be able to say that.

Have a great Friday Eve ladies!!! :bigsmile:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Hey Team... Yep its me long lost Sheila :-) yep I was Lost but now I am found... I am just getting back into things I have had a lot going on... I did go for a 3 mile walk today so i am really excited...

we have been house hunting and we finally found one we like and will be moving with in the week :-) so much to do and so little time !!! well I will be checking back in every now and then so I can get back into the swing of things
  • egam
    Weigh in day!

egam- SW 210/ GW 165/ CW 206 = lose of 3 pounds!!

I'm off the my cabin for thanksgiving!

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everybody!
  • Iffer75
    Swignal-Glad to have you with us. Congrats on the house, I hope that the move goes smoothly for you. At least you will be getting in a great workout moving boxes. Have a great weekend.

Egam-3 pounds!!! WHOOOHOOO!!! That is AWESOME!!! Have a beautiful weekend.

I will weigh in tomorrow morning. I am feeling pretty good this week dispite the head cold and now cough. My jeans are fitting better and I feel a little lighter. I know I should not put everything on that darn scale, but that darn number is just bugging me!!! GRRR!!! :explode: I want to see it go down by one pound, here is to hoping. I have been working out really hard this week and I have not cheated in almost 21 straight days and I am pretty proud of that fact.

Have a beautiful weekend everybody. :bigsmile:
  • SW 296/GW 190/CW 279.4= loss of 2.8 lbs this week!!

egam- great job on your three lb loss this week! You are doing great and your hard work is paying off! Keep it up!

JJ- Good luck tomorrow on your weigh-in. I have seen how hard you have been working, so I hope the scale cooperates with you! Awesome job on not cheating in 21 days! Great willpower!

I have a girls weekend this weekend and then my mom's b-day party on Sunday. We tried to plan mostly healthy meals, but I will definitely bring my own snacks and food so I can stay on track!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!