Riddle Me This.....

Options

Replies

• bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    I won't answer since I already know the answer thanks to The Labyrinth. :wink:

A litlle different, but same principle. In the labyrinth there was two guards to ask. in this there is only one man:drinker:
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You are driving on a road to a small town in New Hampshire. The road forks into two different directions. There is a man standing in the middle of the forked roads The townspeople who live on the right side of the road always lie, the towns people who live on the left always tell the truth. You are only alowed to ask one question. What question do you ask the man to ensure that he tells you to drive in the right direction?

I ask him to move out of the way - my GPS already has me going the right direction
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    Do you live in the town on the left? Is the question I would ask. If he is from the right he will say yes because it is a lie, if he is from the left he will say yes because he always tells the truth.

Okay, now you know where he lives, but which road do you take?
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    You are driving on a road to a small town in New Hampshire. The road forks into two different directions. There is a man standing in the middle of the forked roads The townspeople who live on the right side of the road always lie, the towns people who live on the left always tell the truth. You are only alowed to ask one question. What question do you ask the man to ensure that he tells you to drive in the right direction?

I ask him to move out of the way - my GPS already has me going the right direction

Town is not mapped on GPS.....wiseass....lol
  • rotts1
    Options
    Why the hell would I be in New Hampshire to begin with?
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    The knight built up his immunity to Iocane Powder?

Arg,I couldn't remember the name of the poison! lol HELLO!

High Five for both of us being on the same wavelength! :laugh:

We love this movie. Just watched it the other night with our son, so he could finally get all the quotes he hears us frequently use.
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Fat2Fit4Life Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    A man wants to cross a bridge to get to the other side of the crevice, but there's a problem. The bridge, which takes an hour to walk across, is guarded in the middle by a guard who wakes up every half hour and carries back anybody crossing the bridge back to where he or she came from. How do you get to the other side?
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Do you live in the town on the left? Is the question I would ask. If he is from the right he will say yes because it is a lie, if he is from the left he will say yes because he always tells the truth.

Would you ask him what a person from the other town would say is the right road and then take the opposite one?
  • bigphatcat
    Options

Would you ask him what a person from the other town would say is the right road and then take the opposite one?

Nice!....that one works! The only other answer is to ask the guy: "If I asked you yesterday what road to take what would you say?" The honest man would tell you the correct road and the liar who would have lied yesterday would have to lie about that lie.
  • wjstoj
    Options
    A man wants to cross a bridge to get to the other side of the crevice, but there's a problem. The bridge, which takes an hour to walk across, is guarded in the middle by a guard who wakes up every half hour and carries back anybody crossing the bridge back to where he or she came from. How do you get to the other side?

walk across backwards thus confusing the guard as to which side you came from
  • rotts1
    Options
    Had this, just couldn't type it fast enough. Although, I would walk as far as possible, normal, and then turn around just before he woke up. He would think that I had just past him and then carry me the rest of the way to the destination that I intended.
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options

walk across backwards thus confusing the guard as to which side you came from

CORRECT!
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Why the hell would I be in New Hampshire to begin with?

bwahaha
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Options
    A man was to be sentenced, and the judge told him, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to four years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to six years in prison." After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    You will sentence me to 6 years
  • wjstoj
    Options
    i.e. circular logic shall set you free
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Can you use the words... defense, detail, and defeat in one sentence?
  • rotts1
    Options

Yes!
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Yes!

LOL... Very good rotts1!

This one is actually a pun rather than a riddle, but I usually wait until people have laid out some long and drawn out sentences before answering with...

"Defeat go over defense before detail." ;-)